03-10-2018 08:59 AM
160 ... 4567
tools
    It's not a software bug. It's hardware related. Had same issue on my S7 edge and T-Mobile replaced. No issues with new device. It is normal however to show that notification after start-up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2016 06:46 AM
    It's not a software bug. It's hardware related. Had same issue on my S7 edge and T-Mobile replaced. No issues with new device. It is normal however to show that notification after start-up.

I was told by a Samsung rep that the notification and having to swipe it away once was normal just not the constant notification. Hopefully as other carriers update, as in the case of AT&T, it won't be an issue for this particular situation. The constant issue needs to be addressed in any event.

04-23-2016 07:38 AM
    Okay folks looks like there are many answers to this issue. I was in a chat session with a Verizon rep over the weekend. He said to put the phone in safe mode and see if it came back. He said this would help determine if it's hardware or software. I did for a few hours and no notification. I restarted and went to app settings and started turning off access to storage. Some apps crash without it so I gave those apps access to storage again. Most of those were banking apps. I have continued to use my apps that I use most often without the SD card notification coming back. I think one of the games was doing this but I'm not sure which one yet. It's been 24 hours no notification. I will post if I find the app that did this to my phone. Good luck all!
    05-02-2016 12:28 PM
    I got my new S7. I have no more SD card notifications at all. Not even when I reboot the phone. Yesterday (again) I was listening to music (a set of 2 hours long) from my SD card. I started to look at pictures (again) at the same time. After 40 mins or so, my phone stopped the music and stopped being able to read my SD. Everything froze and I had to reboot. Then, again, a few mins later (listening to music and looking at pictures), it did it again. On the second time, I was not able to reboot the phone using the power button (keeping pressure for 10 seconds). I had to do it using the volume down/home/power. The phone screen was totally black and there was no way to unfreeze it. My notification light was flashing blue (as I had new emails and text), but the phone was not responsive at all.

It seems like Samsung just removed the SD notification as a whole in the new phone but did not fix the issue.

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.

I strongly believe that ALL phones have this issue, but that those who don't just have not access pictures while listening to music (demanding on the SD card reading). Do it if you can... and see if it creates problems. And let me know once you did the above. Thanks.
    05-03-2016 10:55 AM
    I got my new S7. I have no more SD card notifications at all. Not even when I reboot the phone. Yesterday (again) I was listening to music (a set of 2 hours long) from my SD card. I started to look at pictures (again) at the same time. After 40 mins or so, my phone stopped the music and stopped being able to read my SD. Everything froze and I had to reboot. Then, again, a few mins later (listening to music and looking at pictures), it did it again. On the second time, I was not able to reboot the phone using the power button (keeping pressure for 10 seconds). I had to do it using the volume down/home/power. The phone screen was totally black and there was no way to unfreeze it. My notification light was flashing blue (as I had new emails and text), but the phone was not responsive at all.

It seems like Samsung just removed the SD notification as a whole in the new phone but did not fix the issue.

For those who don't have the issue, before commenting, I would appreciate if you could listen to music and look at your pictures at the same time (all from the micro SD card) for at least 30-40 minutes.

I strongly believe that ALL phones have this issue, but that those who don't just have not access pictures while listening to music (demanding on the SD card reading). Do it if you can... and see if it creates problems. And let me know once you did the above. Thanks.
    I agree with you on both points. (A) I believe that every phone has this issue, and (B) Samsung has simply removed the notification without fixing the problem. Here is my experience thus far:

I purchased the phone the day of or the day after it launched. I immediately started having the sd card eject and remount by itself multiple times per day. If it where simply a notification upon boot up, it would not have been a problem. However, the card was EJECTING (you could see this in the notification if you caught it at the right time) and remounting itself. During this time any pictures taken on the phone would disappear, as would any apps that had been transferred to the card. If I were playing music, or playing a game, either the music or the game would stop. Obviously this was the card being ejected. Oh, and occasionally the phone would reboot itself after these errors. I reformatted the card in and out of the phone, factory reset the phone, tried various sd cards. Nothing fixed the problem.

So I used AT&T's 14 day return policy to exchange the phone for the same model. I immediately encountered the exact same issues. Again I factory reset, reformatted the card, etc. Of course this didn't work. I called AT&T once more. This time they refer me to Samsung's warranty center. So I go ahead with the exchange again...same model phone. But instead of a new device they send me a "certified like new" phone. That in itself made me very angry. I pay almost $800.00 for a device that doesn't work and they send me a refurbished unit. Unsatisfactory and shoddy business practice.THE SAME PROBLEM. So just to be curious, I downloaded an SD card monitor off the Play Store...the monitor showed the card ejected itself 67 times in 2 days. 67 TIMES! This is including night hours or time spent at work when I do not touch my phone at all.

This is a defective device. Period. It's not a simple notification that you "just swipe away lol". I am not in the process of getting a 4th phone and I will continue to exchange phones until I receive the working device I paid for, or I will report Samsung to the BBB.
    05-03-2016 11:34 PM
    I agree with you on both points. (A) I believe that every phone has this issue, and (B) Samsung has simply removed the notification without fixing the problem. Here is my experience thus far:

I purchased the phone the day of or the day after it launched. I immediately started having the sd card eject and remount by itself multiple times per day. If it where simply a notification upon boot up, it would not have been a problem. However, the card was EJECTING (you could see this in the notification if you caught it at the right time) and remounting itself. During this time any pictures taken on the phone would disappear, as would any apps that had been transferred to the card. If I were playing music, or playing a game, either the music or the game would stop. Obviously this was the card being ejected. Oh, and occasionally the phone would reboot itself after these errors. I reformatted the card in and out of the phone, factory reset the phone, tried various sd cards. Nothing fixed the problem.

So I used AT&T's 14 day return policy to exchange the phone for the same model. I immediately encountered the exact same issues. Again I factory reset, reformatted the card, etc. Of course this didn't work. I called AT&T once more. This time they refer me to Samsung's warranty center. So I go ahead with the exchange again...same model phone. But instead of a new device they send me a "certified like new" phone. That in itself made me very angry. I pay almost $800.00 for a device that doesn't work and they send me a refurbished unit. Unsatisfactory and shoddy business practice.THE SAME PROBLEM. So just to be curious, I downloaded an SD card monitor off the Play Store...the monitor showed the card ejected itself 67 times in 2 days. 67 TIMES! This is including night hours or time spent at work when I do not touch my phone at all.

This is a defective device. Period. It's not a simple notification that you "just swipe away lol". I am not in the process of getting a 4th phone and I will continue to exchange phones until I receive the working device I paid for, or I will report Samsung to the BBB.
    I fully agree. Same thing. My first phone was ejecting sometimes a few times per day, then 2-3 days ok, then again. When the notification goes back, it means it has ejected. Now this one just doesn't show the notification at all not even on reboot. It should show up on reboot as it is normal that the phone disconnect and reconnect at start up. So yes samsung just removed the notification so people cannot notice. Different devices are affected at different degree. But I strongly believe that they are all affected. I have posted on multiple blogs about it and people who often use their SD all report the issue. Some people told me to put a tape on the SD so it can sit tighter and I've also tried that. It is not bc it is not tight enough. It's a glitch in the motherboard chipset. Samsung is probably working on the issue in silence of course. I would wait for a few months and ask for a new device as this will be fixed. Can you download "phone info samsung" and tell me where and when the phone was made. Mine is Vietnamese February 25. The first one was also Vietnam February 12. This was all pre-launch of the device. I suspect any phone post end of March would have been fixed.
    Chizzle10 likes this.
    05-04-2016 12:39 AM
    I fully agree. Same thing. My first phone was ejecting sometimes a few times per day, then 2-3 days ok, then again. When the notification goes back, it means it has ejected. Now this one just doesn't show the notification at all not even on reboot. It should show up on reboot as it is normal that the phone disconnect and reconnect at start up. So yes samsung just removed the notification so people cannot notice. Different devices are affected at different degree. But I strongly believe that they are all affected. I have posted on multiple blogs about it and people who often use their SD all report the issue. Some people told me to put a tape on the SD so it can sit tighter and I've also tried that. It is not bc it is not tight enough. It's a glitch in the motherboard chipset. Samsung is probably working on the issue in silence of course. I would wait for a few months and ask for a new device as this will be fixed. Can you download "phone info samsung" and tell me where and when the phone was made. Mine is Vietnamese February 25. The first one was also Vietnam February 12. This was all pre-launch of the device. I suspect any phone post end of March would have been fixed.
    Sure thing: The phone was made in Korea on 2016.03.10
    05-04-2016 03:01 PM
    Last night I went into application manager and turned off the Sim Tool Kit notification preview, then I went into the battery optimization settings and turned off the System UI and turned off Sim Tool Kit. No more notification. I had tried absolutely everything else with no luck. So far it's been about 12 hours without notification.
    05-05-2016 10:33 AM
    I also received a system update from Tmobile as well. So I can't say specifically if it was the settings I changed or system update. I will turn on all the settings I shut off and see if it comes back. Here is the update.

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/04/04...s-samsung-pay/
    05-05-2016 10:39 AM
    It must have been the system update. I returned all the settings back to original and the SD card notification does not pop up anymore. Not even when I shut off the phone and restart it. It is completely gone now. Wahoo! Thank you Tmobile! Hopefully the other carriers get a system update soon.
    05-05-2016 01:53 PM
    I am a little reserved about this. The notification was coming back for a reason : the SD card was temporarily disconnecting and re-connect. When we reboot the phone, it should automatically say the notification as the SD (and sim) disconnect. I kind of believe that it now just doesn't tell us when it happens. I also have no more notification, but still have issues when listening to music and scrolling through pictures at the same time from the SD.
    Chizzle10 likes this.
    05-05-2016 02:54 PM
    Why do most of you not get that THIS IS NOT A MATTER OF A SIMPLE NOTIFICATION?! No matter if you receive the notification or not, your SD card is most likely ejecting and remounting itself constantly. We are not complaining about a notification, we are complaining about a physical defect with the phone. Holy hell...
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-05-2016 11:39 PM
    I fully agree. And this is what I am trying to explain. It doesn't matter if you have or not the notification. The notification was pupping up to tell us that the SD had disconnected and reconnected. It should be the same notification if you pull out the tray and re-insert it. Now it doesn't say anything, even in this case, which demonstrate that Samsung has just updated the firmware to not send the notification at all. This doesn't mean that the SD disconnect anymore. My second phone doesn't bring the notification, but it still freeze when I listen to music and scroll pictures at the same time.

On that note, when I listen to music, its on the device speaker. Try this for one hour. Listen to music from the SD at the same time as you look at all your pictures on the SD as well...
    05-06-2016 09:35 AM
    Okay folks looks like there are many answers to this issue. I was in a chat session with a Verizon rep over the weekend. He said to put the phone in safe mode and see if it came back. He said this would help determine if it's hardware or software. I did for a few hours and no notification. I restarted and went to app settings and started turning off access to storage. Some apps crash without it so I gave those apps access to storage again. Most of those were banking apps. I have continued to use my apps that I use most often without the SD card notification coming back. I think one of the games was doing this but I'm not sure which one yet. It's been 24 hours no notification. I will post if I find the app that did this to my phone. Good luck all!
    Latest update from Verizon for Marshmallow seems to have fixed this.
    05-18-2016 12:44 PM
    The only thing the Verizon update did was do away with the actual notification. The problem is still there. Download the SD Card Monitor from the play store and keep an eye on all the dismounts.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dmonitor&hl=en
    05-18-2016 01:43 PM
    I can confirm it's not related to S7 I have a S5 and have exact same issue. Can also confirm it's related to Marshmallow, never had it before and second rebooted after installed it it started happening. The sd card works totally fine, so I don't think people should be formatting / buying new cards and factory resetting their phone, the good people at Google should be sorting this out!

Welcome to hear any low risk workarounds though :-)
    05-31-2016 03:01 AM
    That worked for me just held it down it turns black and says system iu and then I just swipe it off the screen. Thanks! !!
    06-01-2016 11:20 PM
    Has this problem been fixed for everyone?
    06-08-2016 10:29 AM
    Not for me at all. See my earlier posts I have done everything 3 Rd s7.
    06-08-2016 10:51 AM
    Got a new out of the box S7 that was manufactured on 4-30-16 and it's been perfect with no dismounts at all.

Both of our edges are still plagued with the SD card problems though.
    06-08-2016 12:59 PM
    PROBLEM FIXED!
    I received a software update yesterday. The announcement already mentioned the fix of this (apparent software) bug. The message is finally gone. So it's not a hardware issue, no problem with the SD card, but a (possibly Samsung flavoured) Android bug.
    I thought to post this FYI.
    Just wait for the update to arrive for your phone and you'll all be fine ;-)
    06-13-2016 12:55 AM
    YES. See my post on June 13th...
    06-13-2016 12:56 AM
    Has this problem been fixed for everyone?
    YES. See my post on June 13th...
    06-13-2016 12:57 AM
    The underlying problem has NOT been fixed, at least not on my Verizon Galaxy S7. While the update notification has been eliminated entirely, using the previously mentioned "SD Card Monitor" app reveals that the SD card has been improperly unmounted and remounted over 140 times in the past 2 months. The software update did not "fix" the problem; it simply removed the system notification that the problem was occurring.

Is there anyone out there who can confirm using SD Card Monitor, or a similar app, that their card does not continue to be improperly unmounted and remounted? I have tried microSD cards from SanDisk, Lexar, and Samsung, and they all have the same problem. I am still not convinced one way or another that this is a hardware problem, or a Marshmallow problem.

JindoJake
    07-26-2016 02:10 PM
    Is anyone else still having this issue (just saw the previous post - maybe it's a VZW thing now)? I did the update awhile back and I continue to get this message, along with a new one, "Unsupported SD Card". I was warned by two friends that when their previous Samsung phones did that, it fried their card not long after. Ugh!
    07-28-2016 01:28 PM
160 ... 4567