03-10-2018 08:59 AM
160 ... 567
tools
    The underlying problem has NOT been fixed, at least not on my Verizon Galaxy S7. While the update notification has been eliminated entirely, using the previously mentioned "SD Card Monitor" app reveals that the SD card has been improperly unmounted and remounted over 140 times in the past 2 months. The software update did not "fix" the problem; it simply removed the system notification that the problem was occurring.

Is there anyone out there who can confirm using SD Card Monitor, or a similar app, that their card does not continue to be improperly unmounted and remounted? I have tried microSD cards from SanDisk, Lexar, and Samsung, and they all have the same problem. I am still not convinced one way or another that this is a hardware problem, or a Marshmallow problem.

JindoJake
    I have been running sd card monitor for a couple months. I had nothing for 3-4 weeks then suddenly for about 5 days about 3 times a day it happened, spaced apart by random looking intervals. Then quiet for 24 days then happened once a few days ago. I kept the card in the whole time. As far as I know it isn't correlated with any usage pattern of mine. When it happened those 15 times I thought there might have been a service that kept waking up trying to do something. I have no ideas though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-29-2016 06:11 PM
    Ok, let's think about this logically for a moment...

In the default state, MM is set to notify you when it sees that the SD card is mounted.
    Rebooting your phone would cause the SD card to be dismounted as it turns off, and mounts the SD card as the OS completes loading.
    Both actions trigger events in the OS, so (in the default state) you get the SD card mount notification. Simples.

Repeated notifications are an indication that the SD card is being dismounted and remounted - no argument there.
    But let's put aside for a moment whether it's a physical issue, and OS issue, or a format issue, or something else...

For those of you who have got replacement phone, and no longer get any notifications, even after a reboot, they have obviously either suppressed the notification completely, or set the default state of the notification to off.
    Has the problem been fixed? The answer must be a resounding NO if you can prove before getting the replacement and after getting the replacement, that your SD card was indeed actually dismounting and mounting.
    As mentioned by JindoJake and others, running the "SD Card Monitor" app should be used as part of the investigation to determine if in fact the SD card is dismounting and mounting.
    Other more in-depth tools might be required, as well as trawling any system logs.

Once you have enough information, then - and only then - can you truly say what the issue is and determine how to fix it.
    Changing settings here and there to "fix" the problem is like a janitor doing delicate brain surgery with a long, sharp stick while wearing a blindfold... how can you ever know that you've "fixed" it if you don't know what the cause is??

So, in summary, sending your phone back is futile, factory-resetting your phone is futile, reformatting your SD card is futile, if you don't understand the cause.
    07-30-2016 01:42 PM
    mine only shows after a reboot and I just tap "explore" and it shows me my files on my sd card, then I swipe away the notification and it doesn't come back until I reboot my phone again.
    Having same issue on my SGS5
    08-23-2016 05:00 PM
    09-27-2016 01:35 AM
    The "solution" posted above has nothing to do with the problem described in this thread. Even after 5 months, and multiple updates, the problem of repeated SD card ejections and "bad removals" continues, as documented by the SD Card Monitor app. On the off chance that things have changed with the most recent update from a few days ago, I reset the counters in SD Card Monitor app, and will post back in a few days/weeks with the results.

09-28-2016 07:21 AM
    [This is happening with me as well and all did was press and hold the notification and it took to"system iu" and I just turned off all the notifications" I hope this works from you and I, we shall see.
    Nice try....Didnt happen I did the same ...but I need certain notifications on ....and there is no setting to turn off the sd card setting
    10-04-2016 11:48 PM
    Looks like Samsung finally fixed this issue. It was a software problem. Not hardware, as many of us suspected. Based on log results from SD card monitor, I haven't had any SD Card "unmounted" or "bad removal" events in over 8 weeks. No change to my hardware configuration. Of course, there was no official confirmation that the problem existed in the first place...
    11-05-2016 11:07 AM
    Thank you. This just began happening to me today with an AT&T update. I swiped it away and that seemed to work just fine! Hope it doesn't return.
    01-09-2017 03:29 PM
    I'm surprised no one figured this out yet. It's actually pretty simple. You got easy options. Formatting the SD Card from your phone or disabling the notification.

In my case I own an Asus Zenfone 3 Deluxe Special Edition 821, but I also have the Samsung Note 3.

The notication will still pop up when you first mount the sd card for my solution, but stop after you disable it.

When the notification appears, I have an option of pressing and holding the notification to see what it is. There should be an 'i' on the right for information when holding it which takes you there to disable all options.

If you want to know what it is. It'll also tell you right there as well. In my case it is listed as System UI.

So go to settings > apps.
    If it doesn't show system files by default, go to your menu button which in the Note 3 is the bottom left button, but in some phones the menu settings are on the screen. On my asus it's on the top right.

Now press on it and press show system.
    Now look for System UI or whatever yours is called.

Force stop and go to notifications.

On some phones, it's just a check box for enable or disable like my Note 3, but for my Asus I get 3 options for disabling the notifications. Just disable all of it and you should be good to go.
    03-11-2017 01:06 PM
    Yes, get the message at reboot m but dismiss it and it never comes back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I cleared my SD card, and then reformatted it. Once that was done, I allowed my Galaxy S8 to go to sleep, waking it, and then I dismissed the SD card message by sliding it to the right. The message never came back! The card is working and no more message!
    03-10-2018 08:59 AM
160 ... 567