constant SD Card Notification "SD CARD for transferring photos and media"

Coldy86

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I swapped SD Cards and it has fixed the problem. Changed from a 64gb SanDisk to a 64gb Samsung Evo card. 48 hours, no notifications. I was getting them every hour.

Posted via the Android Central App

Vlad K

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I swapped SD Cards and it has fixed the problem. Changed from a 64gb SanDisk to a 64gb Samsung Evo card. 48 hours, no notifications. I was getting them every hour.

Definitely not the reason
No phone would keep unmounting memory card because it's a different brand.
And I've tried Samsung Evo + , same exact problem.

Coldy86

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Definitely not the reason
No phone would keep unmounting memory card because it's a different brand.
And I've tried Samsung Evo + , same exact problem.

Well it worked for me! I'd suggest people try another card if they have one. Also try formatting the card through the android settings too.

Coldy86

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Just a note. The card I used first in my S7 came from my S5. I never once had a problem with it. I took it out of my S5 and formatted it using my PC. Put it in my S7 and was getting SD card notifications frequently.
I then took another card from my Tab s and formatted using my S7. No issues for 3 days.

The card that was getting errors I put in my Tab s and got the same notification frequently. Formatted it using my Tab s and all is working fine.

Try formatting it in the device you are using it in. It has fixed my problem 100% touch wood😉

Vlad K

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a note. The card I used first in my S7 came from my S5. I never once had a problem with it. I took it out of my S5 and formatted it using my PC. Put it in my S7 and was getting SD card notifications frequently.
I then took another card from my Tab s and formatted using my S7. No issues for 3 days.

The card that was getting errors I put in my Tab s and got the same notification frequently. Formatted it using my Tab s and all is working fine.

Try formatting it in the device you are using it in. It has fixed my problem 100% touch wood😉

Thanks for reply and ideas
I'll try using smaller 64gb card, I've just bought 128,and it was this problem, but didn't do format.
It's just time is short and I need to decide whether to return the phone back. And then maybe buy another one.

Coldy86

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for reply and ideas
I'll try using smaller 64gb card, I've just bought 128,and it was this problem, but didn't do format.
It's just time is short and I need to decide whether to return the phone back. And then maybe buy another one.

Regardless of fixes this shouldn't be happening. Hope you find a solution 😉

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I was using a Samsung pro+ 128gb and was getting the notifications. I exchanged it for anther one exactly the same and still had the notifications come up. I then exchanged phone through T-Mobile and still had the problem. I read to try the Samsung Evo+ so I purchased it with 128gb and still have that issue. I also read that doing a factory reset would fix the problem so I tried that but the notifications still comes up throughout the day. I don't know what else to do. I only have until mid week to decide if I should return it again or keep it and hope there is a fix soon. These phones are pricy for us to be having these kind of problems.

Vlad K

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm saying exactly same thing, today and tomorrow will try something else
I also have couple more days before i can send phone back to t-mobile
Let me ask you, did you ever tried smaller card? Like 64 GB?
Or did you ever tried to format it through the phone before use?

scupking

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Luckily put in a Samsung 64gb sd card yesterday. Formatted it on the phone then put 17gbs of music and some photos on it. Only time I had a notification was the first time I installed the card. I will keep an eye on things.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
This and the stupid power button/volume button issue really are a stain on an otherwise great phone. I understand nothing will be perfect, but you'd think a huge company like Samsung wouldn't have such ridiculous issues as these.

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried a 64gb SanDisk extreme card and it still gave me notification. I formatted through phone but still had issues. Not sure what else to try but I need a solution very soon.

Gertwise

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I bought the S7 Edge on the same day from the same store with the same SD cards. Her phone never gives the error message, mine constantly gives the error message. I've tried reseating it, reformatting it, and putting files on it. The only thing that makes it go away is to unmount the card. We're both using a Kingston 64gb Class 10 card.

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I might of found something that works.
I tried the following:
-Go to Settings and select Battery
-Tap More on the top right side and select Optimize Battery Usage
-Change the dropdown menu to All apps
-Scroll down to System UI and deselect it to de-optimize it
Since doing this last night, the only time I see the SD card notification is when I restart the phone. I haven’t seen it appear between sleep and back on but I will keep on checking for the next day or two and see how things go.
I hope this works for you!

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I might of found something that works.
I tried the following:
-Go to Settings and select Battery
-Tap More on the top right side and select Optimize Battery Usage
-Change the dropdown menu to All apps
-Scroll down to System UI and deselect it to de-optimize it
Since doing this last night, the only time I see the SD card notification is when I restart the phone. I haven’t seen it appear between sleep and back on but I will keep on checking for the next day or two and see how things go.
I hope this works for you!

Thanks for the tip I just did your suggestion. Fingers crossed...

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got it again. Thought it was a text message, nope. Also when I just went to take a picture it gave me the memory card prompt that it gives like when you first put a card in....Maybe it won't come back after now...

Luis Lopez15

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Since It seemed to be working fine with my Samsung Evo+ 128gb card, I decided to install the original card I had in there which was a Samsung Pro+ 128gb but now I'm getting that notification again and probably more often than before. So I guess Deselecting the optimization didn't work. If there is no solution by Wednesday I think I will try and exchange the phone again for the third time and hope for the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol