Wireless chraging.

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi All

Will the wireless charging pad for the S6 work with the S7. The normal S6 pad wont support the wireless fast charging of the S7 but will it charge the phone as normal like it did the S6.

Also would the fast charge wireless pad for the Note 5 and S6 edge+ fast charge the S7 or would I have to buy the 'new' wireless fast charge pad being released with the ~S7

Thank You.

Last edited:

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm about to order my S7, and am new to wireless charging.

So a question... Does wireless charging work with a case on the phone? And does it depend on the type (thickness) of the case?

I always have a case on my phone so if its not compatible, it would be a toss up between removing the case to charge, or plug in a USB cable.

Thanks...

Posted via the Android Central App

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Wireless charging works on my GS5 with a case on it and I know of other people who have said the same about their phones. So yes it will.

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a 4mm space allowance between the device and charging pad where the device will still charge. So unless you have an extremely thick case I'm sure most case's would be fine. It might be an issue with metal/aluminium cases but plastic, rubber cases should be fine.

You can pick up a last generation (Note5,S6 edge+) fast charge pad for a faction of the cost of the new gen one(S7). Also you can even use non Samsung after market pads for even cheaper. I'm just thinking to try and save money on a product that effectively does the same thing for a cheaper price.

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
well that's unfortunate that the promo ends on March 10th and my phone is listed to ship from Verizon on MArch 11th! epic fail
It seems like they keep having new promos. Just before the wireless charging pad it was headphones. I have a hunch you'll still get a gift.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen the wireless charging device(s). Are there any that are flat that you lay your phone on vs a standing charger?

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
monicakm ------------ HI. Yes, last years wireless charging pad for the galaxy s6 is flat and will work with the S7. Also last years charging pad for the Note 5/Galaxy s6+ is flat this is also fast charge enabled and will also work with the S7. If you look on the net you can also use non samsung wireless chargers. You can pick these up fairly cheap for around the £20 mark. Or you can buy the new slanted wireless charger from Samsung for £60 is the price I have seen on the net. which will do the same job as last years pad but with the new design and of course the new higher price.

I think the advantage of the slanted pad would be for the always on display of the S7. You could have the phone charging on you bedside table at an angle so you can glance over at the phone to see the time without the need to move and touch the phone.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
monicakm ------------ HI. Yes, last years wireless charging pad for the galaxy s6 is flat and will work with the S7. Also last years charging pad for the Note 5/Galaxy s6+ is flat this is also fast charge enabled and will also work with the S7. If you look on the net you can also use non samsung wireless chargers. You can pick these up fairly cheap for around the £20 mark. Or you can buy the new slanted wireless charger from Samsung for £60 is the price I have seen on the net. which will do the same job as last years pad but with the new design and of course the new higher price.

I think the advantage of the slanted pad would be for the always on display of the S7. You could have the phone charging on you bedside table at an angle so you can glance over at the phone to see the time without the need to move and touch the phone.

Thanks everyone! Yes, if I didn't already have a clock radio on my night stand, I would get the standing/slanted version. The flat charger is desirable because it (the phone) won't accidentally get knocked over (like the land line handset on a stand on the same nightstand).

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone used this wireless charger?
Fast Wireless Charger-CHOE Circle QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger Charging Pad (with Smart Lighting Sensor)for Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ and All Qi-Enabled Devices
Amazon.com: Fast Wireless Charger - CHOE Circle QI Fast Charge Wireless Charger Charging Pad (with Smart Lighting Sensor)for Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, S6 Edge+ and All Qi-Enabled Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories
View attachment 218610

It works fine you just have to set the phone in the right spot or it won't charge

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Is that different from other wireless (flat) chargers or are they all sensitive to the way you position them?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Is that different from other wireless (flat) chargers or are they all sensitive to the way you position them?

That one seems to just be a lil different. It works great, I just have to make sure I place the phone in the right spot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34