New to Samsung/Android Platform: any help from former BlackBerry users?

DJYoshi

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
After years of saying: it's going to get better, I'm finally ditching BlackBerry (let the jokes roll in).
Mostly all of my entertainment and sports contacts are still on BB which made it hard to switch, but the phones have been such cr** that I couldn't take it anymore.

I have a few questions

1. Is there a way to transfer contacts, text messages, emails and other data out of the BB over to the S7?
2. If there's a way to transfer emails, would I setup my email accounts 1st then do the transfer?
3. I often tooled around with my BlackBerry's taking the best parts of beta updates and creating install packages to attempt to get the phones to work better... do people do that with their galaxies?
4. I played around w/ my fiance's S6. How does the s7 screen compare? I actually liked the TS of the Z10 and Priv. It felt solid and they were pretty responsive. My fiance's S6 screen has lag at times... especially when using the camera.
5. Any other tips/tricks that I should know about?

Thanks in advance

mzceetee

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
After years of saying: it's going to get better, I'm finally ditching BlackBerry (let the jokes roll in).
Mostly all of my entertainment and sports contacts are still on BB which made it hard to switch, but the phones have been such cr** that I couldn't take it anymore.

I have a few questions

1. Is there a way to transfer contacts, text messages, emails and other data out of the BB over to the S7?
2. If there's a way to transfer emails, would I setup my email accounts 1st then do the transfer?
3. I often tooled around with my BlackBerry's taking the best parts of beta updates and creating install packages to attempt to get the phones to work better... do people do that with their galaxies?
4. I played around w/ my fiance's S6. How does the s7 screen compare? I actually liked the TS of the Z10 and Priv. It felt solid and they were pretty responsive. My fiance's S6 screen has lag at times... especially when using the camera.
5. Any other tips/tricks that I should know about?

Thanks in advance

I am a former BlackBerry Z30 user that switch to Galaxy S7 myself I understand believe , I used the adapter switch came with my s7, I was able to save all my contacts however majority of everything else was on my SD card..

Posted via the Android Central App

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Use the OTG adapter that came with your S7. Once you connect the 2 phones together, the Smart Switch software will pop up & you can begin transferring your data that way. Samsung really made it easy with that little handy adapter.

Your emails are saved in the cloud. Once you log into your email account, all your emails should transfer automatically.

To help with animations (which is different than lag) enable developer options & reduce your animations to .5. There are 3 options in which you can change.

I had an S6 as well, & IMO this phone feels so much better than my S6, physically & software wise.

Posted via the Android Central App using my badass Galaxy S7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay