Verizon's new monthly payment for upgrades

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
has anyone tried this? they have this new monthly payment plan for upgrades without losing your unlimited data (or other current plan) and no new contract. is this true? my second g4 just died on me in that infamous boot loop so i really just want to be rid of this damned thing. i don't want anymore lg. when i called verizon they told me about that new upgrade thing they have where you just pay taxes up front then do a monthly $28 for a new s7 without changing anything from you current plan like data or contract. i'm tempted to jump on this. anyone who has had experience using this upgrade method please let me know how it is. thanks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you asking if it is safe to use device payment plans (DPP) and keep unlimited? If I recall correctly it is fine to do. Verizon allows it now.

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
They added that when they started charging more for the grandfathered unlimited plan, just take the retail price, pay the tax up front, and divide the retail price by 24 months.

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
I had a rep tell me that I have an early upgrade in 2 months and asked how to go about it and the rep said i just have to pay the tax of the phone upfront only 28 dollars

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
It's the only way if you want to keep your unlimited plan -- not a good deal by any means unless you are one of the few who are using in excess of 14gb each month and feel the S7 or E is worth 800 bucks.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a rep tell me that I have an early upgrade in 2 months and asked how to go about it and the rep said i just have to pay the tax of the phone upfront only 28 dollars

I've been told that using an early upgrade (rather than an available upgrade) can cause unlimited data to be lost.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
has anyone tried this? they have this new monthly payment plan for upgrades without losing your unlimited data (or other current plan) and no new contract. is this true? my second g4 just died on me in that infamous boot loop so i really just want to be rid of this damned thing. i don't want anymore lg. when i called verizon they told me about that new upgrade thing they have where you just pay taxes up front then do a monthly $28 for a new s7 without changing anything from you current plan like data or contract. i'm tempted to jump on this. anyone who has had experience using this upgrade method please let me know how it is. thanks.

Is your Unlimited Data Plan $30 or $50?

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It raised from 30.00/mo. to 50.00/mo.........if you take an upgrade at the 199.00/249.00 normal subsidized prices, it puts you into a NEW 2yr. contract, and you lose your unlimited.

If you pay retail for your phone on the device payment option, there is no NEW contract, allowing you to keep your unlimited data plan.

osta.doc

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I believe Verizon adopted that idea to soften the blow of charging you 20.00/ mo extra for your unlimited data.

At least it allows you to get a new phone without coughing up full retail all at one time, while still keeping your unlimited data, that they now make an extra 240.00/yr off of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci