Some good news for those concerned about the 32gb of internal memory

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it is quasi adoptable storage.

As I said before, don't kid yourself, moving apps to SD is a pain. I don't mind it on my Galaxy S5 but I certainly would not want to do it on a new phone in 2016. And if you have lots of apps moved, have fun of re-transferring back to SD everytime the app updates and Google moves it back to internal hard drive.

SD's are awesome for photos and videos. You shouldn't be relying on one for your apps.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
As I said before, don't kid yourself, moving apps to SD is a pain. I don't mind it on my Galaxy S5 but I certainly would not want to do it on a new phone in 2016. And if you have lots of apps moved, have fun of re-transferring back to SD everytime the app updates and Google moves it back to internal hard drive.

SD's are awesome for photos and videos. You shouldn't be relying on one for your apps.
32 GB is plenty for apps when you can put all of your music, videos and photos on the SD card. I would not transfer apps to the SD card.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The main point for me at least is that you can move the really large apps to sd card, like some games. I wouldn't move apps that aren't large to sd card.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't moving apps to SD storage slow down the phone though? I had a 64gb card filled with pictures and it really slowed down the phone, I guess it indexed everything at every boot up.

Depends on the speed of the card. Using it as external storage shouldn't cause much harm and if you put apps on it, it should only slow down on that one app assuming your card is slow.

That's why the phone sometimes warns you of degraded performance if it detects that your SD card is significantly slower when compared to internal storage.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I would have thought it was a given if you were putting an SD card in, you'd put in a high speed one.

From what I've witnessed the average consumer knows nothing about sd card speeds, I've seen class 4 cards in the Note 4 and LG G4, in some cases the consumer still has a 5 year old 2 to 8Gb card with old photos all on it from a previous phone.

Plus your average person buys for storage capacity not performance.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
From what I've witnessed the average consumer knows nothing about sd card speeds, I've seen class 4 cards in the Note 4 and LG G4, in some cases the consumer still has a 5 year old 2 to 8Gb card with old photos all on it from a previous phone.

Plus your average person buys for storage capacity not performance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phones with SD cards should have a small information sheet in the box with a recommended suggestion of the type of SD card to buy. So that non tech people don't buy slow cards that compromise the speed of the phone, which in turn reflects on the manufacturer.

redtailed

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
This doesn't seem to work. I used these steps to move my Kindle app to the SD card. The storage settings say it is on the SD card, but browsing I find no files for the app were actually moved :(

Can someone confirm this?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781