Venting About T-Mobile and Why I Cancelled My Order

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to take the time to express my displeasure about how I've been treated by T-Mobile in the recent weeks.

I was one of the first people to pre-order my Samsung Galaxy S7, pretty much the moment it was made available for pre-order. T-Mobile started shipping the devices earlier than the release date, which I was thrilled about. My card was charged last week, but the transaction was decline by Chase due to a fraud alert. I settled the matter with Chase, and they assured me it wouldn't happen again. I spoke with a representative from T-Mobile, who assured me that the card would be charged again and that my order is still valid.

A week later (On Friday March 4), I check the order status of the phone, and noticed that the order was cancelled. I immediately called T-Mobile, and they told me that my Chase card was declined again and the order was cancelled. I called Chase immediately, and they informed me that the card was never charged by T-Mobile. Thus, I was lied to by T-Mobile as to the reason why my order was mysteriously cancelled. I spoke with another representative, and they had me order the phone online, of course throwing me to the back of the pre-order line.

Today, I learned that the free Gear VR promotion is for a limited quantity of devices (about 300,000). I called T-Mobile again, and the representative guaranteed me not getting the phone until a week after the supposed March 11 release date due to it being backordered. I expressed concerns that I would not be able to redeem my free Gear VR, and the lady on the phone told me that unfortunately T-Mobile cannot guarantee anything and there is indeed a chance of me not getting the promotion.

That promotion was the only reason I pre-ordered, because I was able to justify it as a good deal. Now, given my treatment at the hands of T-Mobile, I likely won't qualify for the order. I was lied to as to the reason for my order being cancelled. I will proceed to cancel my pre-order and will never order a phone from them again. I will just save my money and go for the Nexus 6P. Never again am I going the carrier phone route. It's a shame, because I became hyped for the phone.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but at the end of the day, the phone is scheduled to release March 11th. If someone get it earlier, they're lucky. Fraud protection is never a bad thing. Also, I wouldn't worry about an issue with the promotion until someone from samsung says it's over

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that but at the end of the day, the phone is scheduled to release March 11th. If someone get it earlier, they're lucky. Fraud protection is never a bad thing. Also, I wouldn't worry about an issue with the promotion until someone from samsung says it's over

I understand that, but my issue is I called them after the fraud alert and fixed it. They cancelled my order a week later for no reason and lied by saying it was declined. I called Chase to make sure. And a supervisor told me that orders placed now won't ship until a week after release.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I just wanted to take the time to express my displeasure about how I've been treated by T-Mobile in the recent weeks.

I was one of the first people to pre-order my Samsung Galaxy S7, pretty much the moment it was made available for pre-order. T-Mobile started shipping the devices earlier than the release date, which I was thrilled about. My card was charged last week, but the transaction was decline by Chase due to a fraud alert. I settled the matter with Chase, and they assured me it wouldn't happen again. I spoke with a representative from T-Mobile, who assured me that the card would be charged again and that my order is still valid.

A week later (On Friday March 4), I check the order status of the phone, and noticed that the order was cancelled. I immediately called T-Mobile, and they told me that my Chase card was declined again and the order was cancelled. I called Chase immediately, and they informed me that the card was never charged by T-Mobile. Thus, I was lied to by T-Mobile as to the reason why my order was mysteriously cancelled. I spoke with another representative, and they had me order the phone online, of course throwing me to the back of the pre-order line.

Today, I learned that the free Gear VR promotion is for a limited quantity of devices (about 300,000). I called T-Mobile again, and the representative guaranteed me not getting the phone until a week after the supposed March 11 release date due to it being backordered. I expressed concerns that I would not be able to redeem my free Gear VR, and the lady on the phone told me that unfortunately T-Mobile cannot guarantee anything and there is indeed a chance of me not getting the promotion.

That promotion was the only reason I pre-ordered, because I was able to justify it as a good deal. Now, given my treatment at the hands of T-Mobile, I likely won't qualify for the order. I was lied to as to the reason for my order being cancelled. I will proceed to cancel my pre-order and will never order a phone from them again. I will just save my money and go for the Nexus 6P. Never again am I going the carrier phone route. It's a shame, because I became hyped for the phone.

Sorry to read all that. The Nexus 6P is in most respects an awesome phone, plus of course stock Android with fast updates from Google. I myself will look at the next Nexus phone and consider it, alongside the Galaxy Note 6. Do some research however how the Nexus 6P copes with the Snapdragon 810. Do you game much on your phone? You need to find out if the 810 processor suffers the over heating like it does in other phones. This processor unfortunately has suffered a bad reputation for this.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to read all that. The Nexus 6P is in most respects an awesome phone, plus of course stock Android with fast updates from Google. I myself will look at the next Nexus phone and consider it, alongside the Galaxy Note 6. Do some research however how the Nexus 6P copes with the Snapdragon 810. Do you game much on your phone? You need to find out if the 810 processor suffers the over heating like it does in other phones. This processor unfortunately has suffered a bad reputation for this.

I do game and that's the only thing holding me back. Worst case I might wait until the next Nexus.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
You should go back in and re-order. Even if Samsung does stop the Gear VR promotion at 300,000 (which I really wonder about), it's still a rockin' phone. T-Mobile should have put the charge through but Chase is the one you should be truly peeved at since they could have called you for authorization if they had a question rather than just reject the charge outright. My bank tends to call me to ask if they should put the charge through when they have a question.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
You should go back in and re-order. Even if Samsung does stop the Gear VR promotion at 300,000 (which I really wonder about), it's still a rockin' phone. T-Mobile should have put the charge through but Chase is the one you should be truly peeved at since they could have called you for authorization if they had a question rather than just reject the charge outright. My bank tends to call me to ask if they should put the charge through when they have a question.

I was fuming at Chase the first time. But the second time around it certainly wasn't their fault. No one can tell me why that order got cancelled yesterday, after I settled that whole Chase thing a week ago. And I might consider just buying the S7 in a store if I'll have to wait till after release date anyway.

courtjames

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the pre-order in the store? I preordered mine yesterday and I already have a tracking number (its supposed to be delivered tomorrow)

anon(7775)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Not defending t-mobile but chase could be the one lying, you never know. T-Mobile has more to gain by selling you the phone

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you try the pre-order in the store? I preordered mine yesterday and I already have a tracking number (its supposed to be delivered tomorrow)

Might go that route. Thanks!

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude...this phone is not going to sale like hotcakes. I mean if you really want to save $$ wait 4 months and pick up a used on Swappa and buy a VR. Exaple: Tmobile wants $800 for the S6E+ I can get a mint version for $535 add sales tax savings to that and the deal cant be beat.

Jay Holm

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
This pre-ordering has been very stressful & chaotic!!!! My debit card was entered incorrectly at the store, and my email address was also entered incorrectly which resulted in a delay in me signing my EIP. My debit card has been charged early Friday morning, but hasn't yet shipped. Very stressful & unpleasant experience!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This pre-ordering has been very stressful & chaotic!!!! My debit card was entered incorrectly at the store, and my email address was also entered incorrectly which resulted in a delay in me signing my EIP. My debit card has been charged early Friday morning, but hasn't yet shipped. Very stressful & unpleasant experience!

Personally I prefer to do it online so I don't have to worry about someone else accidentally entering the wrong information

tuukka87

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Ordered in the 26th , they tried to charge my Discover card Friday, Discover thought it was fraud and denied it. T-mobile sent me a e-mail telling me to call them about the order.

Called Discover first and told the security department the charge was ok and to let it through next time.

Called up T-mobile as requested and explained the card issue and the rep took my CC info and processed it again. She said Monday it they would charge again and the phone would ship same day as the phone was already to be shipped Friday. I guess I'll find out Tomorrow if everything was resolved.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I do game and that's the only thing holding me back. Worst case I might wait until the next Nexus.

I saw this thread on the "trending" section, figured I'd pipe in on this part. I have the 6P and I can say that I have zero concern about the phone overheating during gaming. I played the entirety of the original Monument Valley without break (took about an hour) and never felt that the phone was getting too hot.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Had some issues with another large purchase a few months ago, so this time I emailed them through my cards site, and informed them of a pending large purchase. They asked how much, made note of it on my account, and wa-la, all is well. No hang ups. May wish to do same for some of you folks

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Had some issues with another large purchase a few months ago, so this time I emailed them through my cards site, and informed them of a pending large purchase. They asked how much, made not of it on my account, and wa-la, all is well. No hang ups. May wish to do same for some of you folks

It may depend on your history with the card issuer or your card limit. When I ordered my phone I had no trouble with my card (Discover) being declined, even without a call or email to advise of the upcoming order. My payment history with Discover is nearly perfect and my limit is fairly high, with a nearly perfect credit score.

dingyibvs

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Chase declined my first attempt at payment to Best Buy, but I addressed it right away via their automated text system, and the order was re-processed the same night. I had a bit of a scare last night when my best buy account all of a sudden showed "failed authorization" right as the expected release date was changed from 3/11 to 3/7, but this AM the "failed authorization" line was removed and I saw that my CC was just charged the full amount.

Overall a bit of a confusing process but it seems like everything went through. Also, if you order through stores like Best Buy, Costco, etc. you're less likely to have the Gear VR issue, because those stores have their own stock to give to you. If you order through the carriers then they just send you a code that you can use to redeem from Samsung, and Samsung only has 300,000 in stock for all the carriers combined so they just might run out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis