Zagg Glass from AT&T - insane halo

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Song just got my S7, apparently Best Buy is changing it up this year and allowing early pick up, I left the store and went down the street to a corporate ATT where I was able to get a Zagg glass.

Yikes the halo is insane! Maybe the worst I have ever seen, I assume the S7 glass has a shall arc that is not totally obvious.here is a pic.
1f213af1fe8ef1bf851c802faf45151c.jpg

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I have put on dozens of these for every flagship last year and this one is different haha.

It may work out a little but it's never going to be flawless. I'm the type that will tear it off and buy another if it's not perfect, but this will not lay flat.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Yes extreme halo. I picked one up today then exchanged it and it was the same. Super super bad.

Posted via the Android Central App

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that the Zagg protector for the S7 wasn't even out yet? This is the first I've heard of issues with Zagg. I used 3 different glass screen protectors from Verizon for my S6 and each one had the halo.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is a brand new oroduct6, sales guy had to go into the bike to get one as they are not yet on the floor.

wheelswagz

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up my S7 this morning from UPS. And I just installed the Zagg Glass for S7 and have the same halo. I've always been a Zagg fan, but this is ridiculous. What did you exchange your Zagg for, and is it any better? I might just go without a screen protector if there isn't a solution for this halo. Please.. any suggestions from anyone?

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I didn't, I threw away the box and didn't even think of exchanging it, do they even take exchanges on items like this once installed?

wheelswagz

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
I just chatted with Zagg support. Zagg said halo is necessary because of the design of the phone. they offered free shipping on a replacement and the HDX might be better since it is more flexible. I said no thanks and I will return it for a refund. I got mine from Best Buy, so I will be taking it back for the 14-return policy, I hope :) Guess I will go with a naked screen in a spigen case.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming its just the first run. This happened on my G4 with the first batch but the manufacturer sent a corrected replacement.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I may go no protector with my cheap spigen tpu case and pray I don't do anything stupid with it. I really hate the typical film ones that feel terrible.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Well this isnt' about the S7 but it is about a Zagg glass protector. My husband has a S5 and uses an Otterbox Defender that came with a plastic screen cover. He finally to change out the screen protector for a glass one (on my advice). His was totally scratched. BB salesperson said it was doable and to just remove the old one from the plastic surround (it was glued in) and "pop" in the glass one. Sounds easy enough. Didn't sound like I needed a BB geek guy to do it. Wellll, I was surprised when I pulled out the glass protector to see that it was adhesive on one side. Salesperson kinda threw me when she said "pop it in". I (wrongly) assumed it would go back into the slots of the plastic surround (the case comes in like 3 or 4 parts). He's got round halos under the glass that won't press out :( And a couple of black specks too. I feel bad even tho the halos don't show up unless the screen is off. $40 wasted!

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
anyone have any issues with screen sensitivity in the areas where there is the halo from the zagg? the halo means that the screen protector is lifted a bit from the screen, right?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze