Galaxy S7 Issues With WiFi when Bluetooth is on

mlmcgahee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Good call on that, so I just deleted it and rebooted and all seems well. So I will give it all day to see if it was the fix.

I figured it was an App because booting into Safe Mode does the trick but could never narrow it down because it was hit or miss after booting back up.

+1
Another Dunkin Donuts removal and it fixed all of my 2.4g problems. As stated before 5g seemed to be working fine.

johnwashere

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I know this might sound ridiculous, but how many of you have the dunkin donuts app?

Wow, THANK YOU! I had it, and just put in my login yesterday when I was home... Now that I think about it , it was around this time when I started having issues. I just uninstalled it while at work and now my wifi works while BT is on! Thanks! Hopefully it stays like this :)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
A Dunkin Donut app? :eek: WTHeck does someone do with a Dunkin Donut app? Order donuts? You city people are so spoiled! <g>

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with my s7 edge. When both WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled I can't do any searches or use my apps. Turn one or the other off and everything is fine. Talked with 2 different Samsung techs with no luck. Took my phone to Verizon. When they connected my phone to their wifi with Bluetooth enabled it worked fine. It must be the wifi bandwidth. No sense changing my wifi at home when it won't work at my job. Hope Samsung finds a fix for this issue. For now I'll just turn off Bluetooth unless needed.

taraann722

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
A Dunkin Donut app? :eek: WTHeck does someone do with a Dunkin Donut app? Order donuts? You city people are so spoiled! <g>
Wow...who's spoiled. It's like a rewards program. You get a free beverage for every certain number of points. I buy a coffee every morning on my way to work in the non city I live in because I am far from spoiled and have to work for everything.

In other news...removing the app solved the problem!!

DaveUK1000

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the DD app installed on my phone, but there are plenty of other apps which have permission to use Bluetooth and which could be causing the issue to reproduce. For example, i'm suspicious of the Fitbit app and also the Kuna app (Kuna smart lights) as they both have BT persmissions. I'll try removing the apps which use BT one by one this evening and see if anything happens.

echo954

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the DD app installed on my phone, but there are plenty of other apps which have permission to use Bluetooth and which could be causing the issue to reproduce. For example, i'm suspicious of the Fitbit app and also the Kuna app (Kuna smart lights) as they both have BT persmissions. I'll try removing the apps which use BT one by one this evening and see if anything happens.

I have the fitbit app with my Charge HR always connected and added as a trusted device. Seems to still work since I uninstalled/disabled the DD app.

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
As ridiculous as it seems, I wonder going through all apps that use Bluetooth permissions and go through process of elimination.

I have no apps that use Bluetooth permissions and mine still doesn't work. It doesn't work with Bluetooth on when connected to my home wifi and my work wifi but it worked just fine at the Verizon store on their wifi

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Wow...who's spoiled. It's like a rewards program. You get a free beverage for every certain number of points. I buy a coffee every morning on my way to work in the non city I live in because I am far from spoiled and have to work for everything.

In other news...removing the app solved the problem!!

That was a little tongue in cheek there...you DID see the <g>, right?

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I think the network speed is the problem. With both WiFi and Bluetooth enabled I can't connect to the Web and apps won't load. This happens on my home and work wifi networks but when I took it to Verizon for help it worked just fine on their wifi. Samsung support techs were no help. Hope Samsung fixes this issue. I'm not tech savvy and don't know how to change the settings on my router. Wouldn't help me at work anyway.

DaveUK1000

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I went through all of my apps and uninstalled (one by one) the apps which had similar bluetooth permissions to Dunkin Donuts (I never had DD installed).

I am still confirming and I can't say if there is more than one app at fault...but after several app uninstalls I found that things started working after I uninstall the "SUPERCUTS" app. I didn't even remember that I had that crappy app installed, but there you go...

I will try reinstalling my other apps now (apps like Nest, SmartThings, Subway, Kuna, Fitbit, etc) and will see if bringing any of those apps back causes the issue to return.

Does anyone else have the Supercuts (haircut) app? If so, nuke it and see if it helps.

DaveUK1000

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I've reinstalled all my apps (except for the SuperCuts app) and wifi + bluetooth is still working! Only time will tell, but I think that the SuperCuts app was causing the issue on my device.

In case this helps anyone, the following apps (which all had Bluetooth permissions) were NOT to blame:

• Dominos Pizza
  • Subway
  • Nest
  • SmartThings
  • IF by IFTTT
  • Kuna
  • Pandora Radio
  • BMW Remote
  • FitBit