tmobile bogo question?

srfoot

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Tmobile is offering a bogo on the s7 and edge.
I already have 2 lines and unlimited data with them.
Is it saying that one would then have to add a third line to qualify for this?
How long do you have to keep the extra line?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You do have to add a line

You should be able to cancel at any time. I would read the rebate terms though... TMobile might not give you the rebate if you cancel service

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Did you find out the answer on this? I went to the store and was told various time frames.
Also, I went ahead and did this anyway, hoping that I will be able to cancel before 6 months, which will still be beneficial and will still have me ahead since I plan on selling one of the phones.
For the actual refund from T-Mobile, is this something we have to do ourselves? I received info about the Samsung VR and Netflix offers but have nothings about getting the T-Mobile rebate.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I had pre ordered a S7 and S7 edge, walked in to the store today and added a new line for tablet data which also qualifies. They said I need to keep it for minimum 4 months which isn't bad (20*4), so effectively paying $80 for the other phone. I will use the tablet line with my iPad but going to cancel once I get my rebate and 4 months is done. I'll try to cancel after I get the rebate but if not 4 months isn't bad. Already submitted for rebate for the promotion, now the wait begins.

DaveInFL

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They told me 4 months too, so that seems consistent. How did you submit the rebate? I didn't get any information on that :(

teslas

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't guess, or ask the reps. Read the fine print. Remember lawyers are the ones who write that stuff and cover the major loopholes. Because it all comes down to the rules for playing the game.

Posted via the Android Central App

cward0625

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The rules state, "If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on phone becomes due." So it seems ambiguous and I would be surprised if 4 months is enough but if it is true I would consider doing this as I have 4 phones on a family plan currently.

bhatech, when you added the new line for a tablet, they didn't make sure one of the s7s was the new line your adding and you could move the s7 to an existing phone line instead?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy