No Mobile Hotspot on AT&T Galaxy S7??!

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Got my S7 Tuesday and went to tether my laptop to it. Guess what! No mobile hotspot app in the app drawer! I thought they might have moved it but after searching the system apps, double checking to see if I didn't disable it when I ran Package Disabler, I'm not finding it anywhere. Chatted with AT&T on line and they were no help. Headed down to the AT&T store when they open, but I'm not feeling optimistic.

Anyone else with an AT&T S7 having this issue?

maxblockm

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Just learned the same thing at the AT&T store. My last Galaxies were an S4 and Note 3.

Heh. Not sure why they moved it

I have a ATT GS5...my tethering is disabled, have to pay a monthly fee for them to activated it. Don't want to do that...is it required on the S7? I had a S3 before the S5 and did not have to pay a monthly fee with the S3 for tethering...

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No monthly fee. Just enable it and it should work. As long as you're not on the unlimited plan it will work.

Posted via the Android Central App with my Badass Galaxy S7

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a ATT GS5...my tethering is disabled, have to pay a monthly fee for them to activated it. Don't want to do that...is it required on the S7? I had a S3 before the S5 and did not have to pay a monthly fee with the S3 for tethering...
Ask att to move you to their current plan. It includes hotspot at no additional fee.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I think because there never was a mobile hotspot app to begin with in any Galaxy phone. The app you previously saw was something AT&T added, possibly due to the tethering subscription they had before.

Also, on a stock un-'carrier modified' Samsung phone, you have mobile hotspot as an option on the toggles at the notification shade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith