Verizon S7 work on t-mobile?

drew041

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys,
My local t-mobile store said they will not have devices tomorrow, but best buy have a verizon phone right now. If I pay full price for the phone at best buy will it work with my t-mobile account?

Thanks!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it will work, just not fully. The Verizon version lacks some tmobile bands and certain features like hotspot, wifi calling, and mms might not work

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just wait. Don't get a Verizon variant

I concur, so not worth it. Software updates won't happen, I think Samsung Pay won't work, just a whole list of things that you'll regret. Unfortunately this isn't an iPhone in which the Verizon version works across the board.

Posted via the Android Central App

toolworker

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar question. I use both Verizon and T-Mobile with a Verizon S4, and Verizon's Lollipop update killed the ability to SMS on other carriers.

So does anyone know whether the Verizon S7 permits setting the SMSC number?

I plan to keep using Verizon at home and T-Mobile outside the US. It looks like carriers aren't bundling the phone price any more. Is there a way to buy an S7 that isn't locked into one carrier? Do updates only come from the carriers? I'm sort of ignorant here so any advice is welcome.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not worth buying the Verizon version with the tramp stamp and all that Verizon bloat. Will throw back at their face even if they give for free ;)

toolworker

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
Not worth buying the Verizon version ...
I would appreciate being educated about whether it's practical to buy from another carrier and then use the phone primarily, or exclusively, on Verizon.

Are the carriers the only source of S7s? Where do updates come from?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would appreciate being educated about whether it's practical to buy from another carrier and then use the phone primarily, or exclusively, on Verizon.

Are the carriers the only source of S7s? Where do updates come from?
Yes carriers are the only way to buy in US and updates come direct from carriers.

Brandi Nunya

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a question. I dont know to put this without sounding like an *****. My own question confuses me, ok, here goes. I want to get hotspot, but I want to be able to get online at the same time, can I do this, or do I have to be rooted or tethered, or both. It's confusing, please straighten me out. Sorry for such a dumb quedtion, but, I need to know, thank you

Popcorn

toolworker

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
The way hotspot works (at least on my S4) is that the phone does everything just the same, including being online, but in addition it is a wifi hotspot that other devices can connect to. All the data comes from your cellular carrier, and from your data plan allotment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463