Just got my s7 yesterday, working fine all day is fully charged but has gone completely dead apart from blue light flashing, tried pressing everything nothing works.

Any ideas?
    03-11-2016 08:14 AM
    You may have to force it off and back on again. Warning this is not something you want to do too often; press and hold the power button until the device shuts down. Upon restart you may find that it takes longer than normal. This power down is similar to pressing and holding the power button on a pc and may cause your device to need to scan it's memory like a pc would after such a shutdown. Just relax and wait. Once restarted restart it again, normally this time just to ensure all data gets back in line.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-11-2016 09:18 AM
    This happened to me to this morning! I went in to ATT store expecting to get a new phone.

THE FIX::: Press and hold BOTH the volume key and power button for 8-20 seconds and your phone should restart. The help guy said this is the equivalent of removing the battery in older android devices with a removable battery.

Hope this helps!
    jma78b likes this.
    03-11-2016 11:57 AM
    That works! Thank you!!
    04-13-2016 07:48 PM
    Worked perfect!
    05-19-2016 07:48 PM
    Just a clarification.... I had to hold down BOTH volume buttons and the power button to accomplish the reset.
    Thanks for the information. My Galaxy S7 is only 4 days old and it blanked out. Grrrrr!..
    05-30-2016 02:02 PM
    i'm stuck here with black screen, blue flashing led... and no buttons responding. inserting charging cable does nada, nor when into the pc. i'd been having random reboots... that wouldn't complete in the rebooting. i had to soft reboot quite a few times today, but i couldn't even get the thing to stay on long enough to call tech support at optus - i thought that perhaps an app needed updating and that was a likely cause of the crashes, so went to update all in the play store... and here we are. sorry, new here so hopefully i've followed protocol, but any ideas, other than hard resetting, would be graciously appreciated.

(ps it's been a fantastic day in my samsung world- the reason for not researching what best to do in the first place was that my galaxy slate was updating / restarting for like two hours for no apparent necessary reason at the same time!!!. finally home and on the not-samsung-made pc which works, so far. definitely not normally anti S either, just pi$$ed off at the moment, i've had s3 and an s5 before and only had one hard reset in 5? yrs - potato)
    06-25-2016 03:56 AM
    Do you have an SD card installed in either device? Try booting up without one.
    06-25-2016 04:43 AM
    at the moment it won't do anything at all though - is it safe to just yank the card / sim out while it's on?
    06-25-2016 06:50 AM
    and thank you
    06-25-2016 06:51 AM
    and thank you - oops, meant to say that it wont even hard reset! help
    06-25-2016 07:43 AM
    Taking the SD out while it's processing may cause corrupted data but at this point that would probably be a minor inconvenience compared to a device that isn't working. As for your SIM I would think it would only be affected if it was being written to which it most likely isn't so probably not a problem. Once you've removed them you may have to hold the home button like you would on a pc to get it to reboot.
    06-25-2016 11:03 AM
    awesome, thanks, will try that now (took the sim and card out already but only tried power button... no effect0
    06-25-2016 05:53 PM
    tried every button combination, for 7s, 20s, 1m, with sim in and completely out.... nada :-(
    06-25-2016 06:01 PM
    You might need to send it in for repairs if nothing works.
    06-25-2016 06:44 PM
    power ran out - any advice before plugging in and turning back on ? (ha, now... i say that)
    06-25-2016 07:05 PM
    Try gettiny into recovery on bootup. Press home+volume down+power button. Do not let go until you see the recovery menu. Then wipe cache. Be careful you don't select wipe phone.
    06-26-2016 06:30 AM
    Just a clarification.... I had to hold down BOTH volume buttons and the power button to accomplish the reset.
    This is what worked for me. It opened a boot menu with 5 options and I selected "normal boot." Be careful NOT to select "factory reset" if you don't want to wipe your data!
    08-06-2016 07:18 AM
    Try volume down, power AND the front button all at once until it reboots.

Mine's been doing the lock up too, but started after I changed the settings to have photos automatically go to my SD card rather than the device. Does that make sense that this would happen?

I'm new to Samsung, having had BlackBerry devices before.

TIA.
    08-08-2016 09:45 AM
    Try volume down, power AND the front button all at once until it reboots.

Mine's been doing the lock up too, but started after I changed the settings to have photos automatically go to my SD card rather than the device. Does that make sense that this would happen?

I'm new to Samsung, having had BlackBerry devices before.

TIA.
    I can vouch for this method. S7 screen just went white after using YouTube, then it went black. Held down the volume down, power and fingerprint button for about 10 seconds. A blue screen appears, press volume down to restart phone. Restarted no problem
    11-18-2016 03:34 PM
    After trying everything posted on internet, I did what you sugested and it worked ! Thanks.
    Holding the volume buttons (both) and the power button simultanously for about 10 seconds.
    It restarted the phone and I'm back on track !
    12-01-2016 09:59 PM
    Well.... I have tried all your combinations... As one person in this string has stated... NADA!!

Anyone just end up going to store for new one and did they give you hassle?
    12-31-2016 08:47 AM
    Mines has "Samsung written over the screen with constant blue light, it keeps turning on to the "Samsung galaxy S7" screen but no further, goes black and back to that screen again, I have tried resets, what shall I do?
    03-12-2017 11:51 PM
    Mines has "Samsung written over the screen with constant blue light, it keeps turning on to the "Samsung galaxy S7" screen but no further, goes black and back to that screen again, I have tried resets, what shall I do?

There is 2 main reason that your phone cannot be switch on. 1) your lucky and its just a software issue or apps problem. 2) its the main hardware problem. The solution for 1 is going to Samsung and ask them to force format for you. If they say it cannot be done cause the phone wont turn on (although they are dumb); ask them to remove the battery and place it back then boot it to format. The 2 issue is the motherboard, unlike me you will be lucky if your in the same country as where you bought the phone. You would just need to change a new mother board by requesting it from Samsung (They will change for you). It is however, quite expensive considering its one of the main component. If your like me, i bought the phone from a different country; you cannot use another country motherboard since the IMEI code is different and might cause it to completely breakdown. So the best option is either buying a new phone or getting a motherboard through the internet. Though making sure that the IMEI is clean and unlocked.
    04-23-2017 02:17 PM
    I have the same exact problem. I was walking and listening to music then it just crashed, I the turned it back on and it crashed again... but it didn,t turn on again. I tried every button combination but nothing would open it so I decided to wait until it died. Once it died I plugged it in and it started to turn on, it would show the "galaxy s7 edge" logo then the "samsung" logo and just loop... point being... it still hasn't freaking turned on!
    05-20-2017 08:44 AM