S7 preorder Gear VR `giveaway issues?

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with registering or checking on their submissions for the free Gear VR at the Samsung site?
I posted my submission on the 9th, and when I've gone to check on it's status it says "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." .. but if I try to reenter the claim , it says my IMEI and Mac Address have been used .. I'm thinking what if I mistyped my email the first time ? (I also didn't receive any notification emails from them when I signed up for a contest reminder email)
Haven't got a reply yet to my question to them about it (it's a specific form, with a place to enter IMEI and Mac Address numbers)
Has anyone else checked the status of their Gear VR claim at Samsung ?

JerseyBiker

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone had any problems with registering or checking on their submissions for the free Gear VR at the Samsung site?
I posted my submission on the 9th, and when I've gone to check on it's status it says "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." .. but if I try to reenter the claim , it says my IMEI and Mac Address have been used .. I'm thinking what if I mistyped my email the first time ? (I also didn't receive any notification emails from them when I signed up for a contest reminder email)
Haven't got a reply yet to my question to them about it (it's a specific form, with a place to enter IMEI and Mac Address numbers)
Has anyone else checked the status of their Gear VR claim at Samsung ?

I didn't check the status but I did receive an email confirming my order. If you didn't get confirmation maybe there was a typo in your email address. I assume you also uploaded your order information with your address. If so you should still get it but I would keep checking until I found someone to figure out what went wrong.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
UK seems as if they handled it better, my VR arrived with my phone. Hope you all get it sorted.

Posted via the Android Central App

JerseyBiker

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
UK seems as if they handled it better, my VR arrived with my phone. Hope you all get it sorted.

How did you order your phone, directly from Samsung? I pre-ordered from Verizon. I had a choice of the VR or Gear 2. I already have the Samsung VR so I ordered the watch. It's listed at $300 opposed to $100 for the VR. I'm going to sell it after I receive it and put whatever I receive from the sale to the balance of the phone.

JamalJohnson

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Make sure there isn't a space after your email, when using the auto fill option it usually leaves a space. I was under the same impression as you, now I see that it is currently under review.

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to have to say that the 4 to 6 weeks is for the gear, and not the wait to see ANY status of your claim
I preordered it in store, only have the Gear VR option (didn't know that beforehand)
I've entered my email by hand in the Check Status box, it still says "you have no submission associated with this email."
No answer email from support yet (other than an auto reply email saying they will contact me shortly) sent 3/10 early am (this is a giveaway claim specific form you fill out and with a space for your IMEI number and Mac Address number on it)
The in store receipt I got and took the picture of does not have my name or address on it

I think I may be doomed

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
How did you order your phone, directly from Samsung? I pre-ordered from Verizon. I had a choice of the VR or Gear 2. I already have the Samsung VR so I ordered the watch. It's listed at $300 opposed to $100 for the VR. I'm going to sell it after I receive it and put whatever I receive from the sale to the balance of the phone.
Direct from Samsung UK.

MissyEmery

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Make sure that when email is entered it's not auto filling the information..it was doing that on mine and there was a space after the email address hit backspace so the cursor backed up to the last letter and it found it that way..

JamalJohnson

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Make sure that when email is entered it's not auto filling the information..it was doing that on mine and there was a space after the email address hit backspace so the cursor backed up to the last letter and it found it that way..

I suggested the same, but it appears that he has another issue completely.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So..."FULFILLMENT PENDING" is good, right? For status that is? I registered Sunday and saw this today after under review...

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I still get the no email found message, and still no response from Samsung support, yesterday I put in another support email with the first ones ticket number

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX