04-11-2016 07:39 AM
33 12
tools
    Has anyone had any problems with registering or checking on their submissions for the free Gear VR at the Samsung site?
    I posted my submission on the 9th, and when I've gone to check on it's status it says "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." .. but if I try to reenter the claim , it says my IMEI and Mac Address have been used .. I'm thinking what if I mistyped my email the first time ? (I also didn't receive any notification emails from them when I signed up for a contest reminder email)
    Haven't got a reply yet to my question to them about it (it's a specific form, with a place to enter IMEI and Mac Address numbers)
    Has anyone else checked the status of their Gear VR claim at Samsung ?
    03-12-2016 05:09 AM
    Has anyone had any problems with registering or checking on their submissions for the free Gear VR at the Samsung site?
    I posted my submission on the 9th, and when I've gone to check on it's status it says "I am sorry you have no submission associated with this email." .. but if I try to reenter the claim , it says my IMEI and Mac Address have been used .. I'm thinking what if I mistyped my email the first time ? (I also didn't receive any notification emails from them when I signed up for a contest reminder email)
    Haven't got a reply yet to my question to them about it (it's a specific form, with a place to enter IMEI and Mac Address numbers)
    Has anyone else checked the status of their Gear VR claim at Samsung ?
    I didn't check the status but I did receive an email confirming my order. If you didn't get confirmation maybe there was a typo in your email address. I assume you also uploaded your order information with your address. If so you should still get it but I would keep checking until I found someone to figure out what went wrong.
    DBeary likes this.
    03-12-2016 06:13 AM
    I checked mine yesterday and the status was under review.

Posted via the Android Central App
    DBeary likes this.
    03-12-2016 06:34 AM
    Thanks, I hope so
    ... glad I put in a request to support too
    03-12-2016 06:48 AM
    Received confirmation and Check today and my submission, still under review..

DBeary likes this.
    03-12-2016 07:56 AM
    UK seems as if they handled it better, my VR arrived with my phone. Hope you all get it sorted.

DBeary likes this.
    03-12-2016 08:02 AM
    UK seems as if they handled it better, my VR arrived with my phone. Hope you all get it sorted.

How did you order your phone, directly from Samsung? I pre-ordered from Verizon. I had a choice of the VR or Gear 2. I already have the Samsung VR so I ordered the watch. It's listed at $300 opposed to $100 for the VR. I'm going to sell it after I receive it and put whatever I receive from the sale to the balance of the phone.
    03-12-2016 08:35 AM
    Make sure there isn't a space after your email, when using the auto fill option it usually leaves a space. I was under the same impression as you, now I see that it is currently under review.

DBeary likes this.
    03-12-2016 02:40 PM
    They said 4-6 weeks. Be patient
    03-12-2016 03:53 PM
    They said 4-6 weeks. Be patient
    That's after Samsung has confirm your order. So it could be more then just 4-6 weeks.
    03-12-2016 05:41 PM
    I'm going to have to say that the 4 to 6 weeks is for the gear, and not the wait to see ANY status of your claim
    I preordered it in store, only have the Gear VR option (didn't know that beforehand)
    I've entered my email by hand in the Check Status box, it still says "you have no submission associated with this email."
    No answer email from support yet (other than an auto reply email saying they will contact me shortly) sent 3/10 early am (this is a giveaway claim specific form you fill out and with a space for your IMEI number and Mac Address number on it)
    The in store receipt I got and took the picture of does not have my name or address on it

I think I may be doomed
    03-12-2016 07:17 PM
    How did you order your phone, directly from Samsung? I pre-ordered from Verizon. I had a choice of the VR or Gear 2. I already have the Samsung VR so I ordered the watch. It's listed at $300 opposed to $100 for the VR. I'm going to sell it after I receive it and put whatever I receive from the sale to the balance of the phone.
    Direct from Samsung UK.
    03-13-2016 07:14 AM
    Still no reply from Samsung help, or a change in claim status (email not found)
    03-14-2016 07:41 PM
    Make sure that when email is entered it's not auto filling the information..it was doing that on mine and there was a space after the email address hit backspace so the cursor backed up to the last letter and it found it that way..

JamalJohnson and DBeary like this.
    03-14-2016 08:33 PM
    Make sure that when email is entered it's not auto filling the information..it was doing that on mine and there was a space after the email address hit backspace so the cursor backed up to the last letter and it found it that way..

I suggested the same, but it appears that he has another issue completely.

DBeary likes this.
    03-14-2016 08:46 PM
    So..."FULFILLMENT PENDING" is good, right? For status that is? I registered Sunday and saw this today after under review...
    03-16-2016 11:23 AM
    So..."FULFILLMENT PENDING" is good, right? For status that is? I registered Sunday and saw this today after under review...
    Mine says that too. I'm going to assume we passed the under review. Yay.
    03-16-2016 11:54 AM
    I still get the no email found message, and still no response from Samsung support, yesterday I put in another support email with the first ones ticket number
    03-17-2016 06:44 AM
    I still get the no email found message, and still no response from Samsung support, yesterday I put in another support email with the first ones ticket number
    Check their status page using your email address
    03-17-2016 07:03 AM
    I registered mine on the 12th and I'm still under review.. ahhhh
    03-17-2016 01:10 PM
    Same thing with me, email check says not on file or whatever and it says my mac address etc has been used

Ok after entering my email without using auto fill it showed up as pending
    03-17-2016 05:16 PM
    Just checked mine and it says fulfillment pending. I entered the info on March 11 when i got the phone.

So did we decide that at least means our submission was accepted?

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    03-17-2016 07:11 PM
    I got a response to my second email to support ... they said that some information seems to be missing from my submission, to reenter using my original email I used and fill it out , I used the link they sent (just goes to the regular entry site, pick a carrier, etc)
    I got all the way through to the part where you submit and it says that ... " The HMEI number and/or Wi-Fi MAC address you entered has already been submitted "

I have already tried this before and got the same message, thought maybe they had done something to allow me to reenter my info this time

NOTE: the very first time I submitted my claim on 3/9/16 it acknowledged it as being successfully submitted, and showed a confirmation number (sadly with my new S7 phone I didn't know how to save it)

I sent an email back to them, we'll see
    03-18-2016 06:53 AM
    My status yesterday was "fulfillment pending" but now says "pending review"
    03-18-2016 12:24 PM
    My status yesterday was "fulfillment pending" but now says "pending review"
    And now it's back to fulfillment pending.
    03-18-2016 03:24 PM
33 12