10-05-2017 11:44 AM
81 1234
tools
    How can something be to sensitive? I wish it was more sensitive. This damn otterbox screen protector make it so I have to press on the screen instead of just touching
    I agree. New otterbox makes the buttons harder press
    Sharina P likes this.
    05-05-2016 01:02 PM
    How can something be to sensitive? I wish it was more sensitive. This damn otterbox screen protector make it so I have to press on the screen instead of just touching
    Agreed I'm taking it out
    05-11-2016 07:32 PM
    I was having same issue with over sensitive touchscreen on the new Galaxy S7 edge. I almost returned it, but called tech support. Here was their suggestion that worked for me.

1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
    2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
    3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
    4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

Note that this will reset your home screen to default, but after this, my overly sensitive touchscreen problem went away. The accidental clicks were way less frequent (still happens from time to time though).

Hope this helps others.
    05-12-2016 12:16 PM
    Not to mention this is a android people. I searched screen sensitivity on play store, downloaded top rated one. Problem fixed, you can increase and decrease it.
    Which one did you download cuz I put tempered glass on mine and the touchscreen is not responsive enough?
    05-14-2016 08:57 AM
    My phone is very sensitive I don't know how to adjust it can you help
    05-14-2016 10:02 AM
    Mine isn't overly sensitive at all. And in fact the bottom edge I think isn't sensitive enough.

I do have a screen protector on mine.
    05-14-2016 05:40 PM
    Which app did u use
    05-18-2016 01:33 PM
    I'd really like just to desensitize the edges. Shrinking the keyboard helps, but there are only two settingseparate, so resulting keyboard is too small.
    05-20-2016 11:16 AM
    I was having same issue with over sensitive touchscreen on the new Galaxy S7 edge. I almost returned it, but called tech support. Here was their suggestion that worked for me.

1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
    2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
    3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
    4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

Note that this will reset your home screen to default, but after this, my overly sensitive touchscreen problem went away. The accidental clicks were way less frequent (still happens from time to time though).

Hope this helps others.
    Be very careful and think about it before doing this. It will change all the arrangement of icons one has set up.
    05-20-2016 12:35 PM
    Which one did you download cuz I put tempered glass on mine and the touchscreen is not responsive enough?
    I have downloaded SGS screen booster and found it to work!
    mlmcgahee likes this.
    05-24-2016 01:51 PM
    About to do the same thing, incredibly frustrating. Especially since I won't be getting the free gear vr or year of Netflix now either! Very disappointed to say the least.
    Try a glass screen
    Seemed to work for me
    05-30-2016 08:21 PM
    Just downloaded the app sgs and adjusted the settings and it worked
    06-18-2016 09:12 AM
    My Otterbox defender case has decreased the touch screen sensitivity too. Never had that issue with Otterbox defender cases before. Frustrating!
    Bama Belle likes this.
    06-19-2016 08:33 PM
    My Otterbox defender case has decreased the touch screen sensitivity too. Never had that issue with Otterbox defender cases before. Frustrating!
    Like someone already mentioned...

Install SGS Touchscreen Booster.

It says that it only works on original Galaxy S, but this is not true.

Increase sensitivity from 40 to 70.

It really works and now my S7 doesn't frustrate me with the screen.
    06-22-2016 11:11 AM
    Anyone else having keyboard problems? Most of the times when I type, it goes nuts and starts typing gibberish on its own like it's possessed.
    Yes. And it's bad. I have the S6 Edge and it just started doing this. I wonder if it's a a software update issue
    06-22-2016 08:34 PM
    Adjusting the pointer sensitivity (under languages?) fixed my problem and now I can use my phone with the otterbox and not feel like I'm going to throw it every time I want to text! Thanks!
    droidbillh and mojofusion like this.
    07-07-2016 08:24 AM
    I have a screen protector on as well as a case, my phone is having issues. I need to up the sensitivity. When I type on my keyboard it sometimes does not register what I am typing, which is extremely annoying. Samsung has used the option to adjust the screen in the past. It's such an easy fix. Hopefully they will listen they listen and update this in the next firmware update. Did anyone find out the name of the app that adjusts the sensitivity?
    I'm having the same here, I have a screen protector and case. Sometimes I have to press even stronger on the side keys like letters "A", "L", etc.
    Sharina P likes this.
    07-12-2016 08:43 AM
    How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity on Samsung S7? It's too sensitive.
    I bought a glass screen protector and that seemed to decrease the sensitivity
    07-25-2016 11:01 PM
    How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity on Samsung S7? It's too sensitive.
    I just simply bought a 360 case that covers front and back and the sensitivity has dropped to a comfortable setting like having my hands on the curved screen doesn't open apps or press anything now, look on amazon for the case it cost me £4 and postage was free worth a try to lower the sensitivity with a case and protect all your phone at the same go
    07-28-2016 04:38 PM
    hi
    Try a glass screen
    Seemed to work for me
    07-30-2016 06:31 AM
    Same here! Can't swype properly now or touch. This case is ridiculous! I hate it! I need to exchange this case. It sucks! $50 worth of crap! 😝
    08-02-2016 10:47 AM
    I have downloaded SGS screen booster and found it to work!
    Woo hoo! The screen was VERY frustrating. Even without a screen protector. I had my touch sensitivityturned up on my previous phone but I could hardly do a thing with this one. I downloaded SGS and set it to 100 and it works like it should now. Thank you!
    08-13-2016 02:54 PM
    In the beginning the touch sensitivity was making me go crazy but i have started to adjust my grip on the phone and it seems to work fine now. After years of using the iPhone, I am happy to be using this. It gets some getting used to but loving it. If the edge screen is bothering you then get the usual flat screen one as this one is hard to find a good working screen protector. It seems samsung made it to be used without any protection.
    08-19-2016 04:34 PM
    My Note 7 isn't sensitive enough. Maybe the Zagg protector I don't know?
    08-20-2016 01:10 PM
    Not to mention this is a android people. I searched screen sensitivity on play store, downloaded top rated one. Problem fixed, you can increase and decrease it.
    If u don't mind me asking which app did u download I have the same problem with the screen saver
    08-25-2016 06:12 PM
81 1234