Adjust sensitivity touch screen samsung s7

Timothyb123

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm also having issues with the sensitivity on the S7 Edge. I'm about 6 days into owning it, but thought about returning it on day 2. I looked into ways to solve the problem, from a case to prevent edge touches, too a screen protector to reduce sensitivity. I have not tried a protector yet because the only brand at Best Buy, Zang, has reviews complaining it quickly starts peeling at the curved edges, or cases causing bubbling.

I'm coming from an iPhone 6 Plus, so it's already a difficult transition with operating systems, so it's just so sad that the sensitivity really ruins the experience. Especially when one of this phone's reatest design features, the edges, also become one of the biggest problems.

Sensitivity has caused random ad touches, links and apps, plus sudden scrolling momentum loss. Also accidental text highlighting, difficulty typing, reaching across the screen, holding and picking up the phone comfortably. Even the multitasking button acts odd, like twice in one day split screen opened up and I wasn't near that area.

I saw a co-worker's regular S7 with a protector on, applied at Best Buy. It looked too obvious with how it doesn't cover the entire glass panel. On top of that, you could tell the whole right edge was starting to peel due to being a lighter color or not as clear. It's like see a nice car with a terrible window tint job.

I may have to return the phone since I don't want to possibly deal with this for the next year or two.

Niko Andreopolos

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Did send a mail to support about the issue. Found a temporary fix for the "back and multitasking buttons" that somewhat worked on my phone by installing an app called Galaxy Button Lights. I did set it to "always off", and that actually reduced senistivity on the buttons a little bit on my specific S7. Not perfect, but a start while waiting for Samsung to adress this annoyance.

Thanks for your information. You were right the Galaxy button lights program works. I'm not too sure how or a why? Just that it does. I was going to send back my Samsung S7 Edge but now I think I'm going to keep it.

wildlyoptimistic

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
What I did is buy a smudge and anti-glare screen protector and installed it on my S7 Edge it decreased sensitivity immediately and worked perfect I think that's a good solution that you should try good luck

Buddysmom03

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else having keyboard problems? Most of the times when I type, it goes nuts and starts typing gibberish on its own like it's possessed.

I read this and had to laugh! Mine does the same thing. I thought it was just me. Have not a clue as to why it does it. And the touch sensitivity is just as bad. All in all though, I am a fan of the phone. I had a screen protector put on at store, which is rounded to accommodate edges, it must be made of glass, as I have to almost bang on screen to close some apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

3fldutpiandream

May 1, 2016
Visit site
I have a screen protector on as well as a case, my phone is having issues. I need to up the sensitivity. When I type on my keyboard it sometimes does not register what I am typing, which is extremely annoying. Samsung has used the option to adjust the screen in the past. It's such an easy fix. Hopefully they will listen they listen and update this in the next firmware update. Did anyone find out the name of the app that adjusts the sensitivity?

socal816

May 12, 2016
Visit site
I was having same issue with over sensitive touchscreen on the new Galaxy S7 edge. I almost returned it, but called tech support. Here was their suggestion that worked for me.

1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

Note that this will reset your home screen to default, but after this, my overly sensitive touchscreen problem went away. The accidental clicks were way less frequent (still happens from time to time though).

Hope this helps others.

PA452

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Mine isn't overly sensitive at all. And in fact the bottom edge I think isn't sensitive enough.

I do have a screen protector on mine.

MxO42

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I'd really like just to desensitize the edges. Shrinking the keyboard helps, but there are only two settingseparate, so resulting keyboard is too small.

jshaw42

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I was having same issue with over sensitive touchscreen on the new Galaxy S7 edge. I almost returned it, but called tech support. Here was their suggestion that worked for me.

1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

Note that this will reset your home screen to default, but after this, my overly sensitive touchscreen problem went away. The accidental clicks were way less frequent (still happens from time to time though).

Hope this helps others.

Be very careful and think about it before doing this. It will change all the arrangement of icons one has set up.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
My Otterbox defender case has decreased the touch screen sensitivity too. Never had that issue with Otterbox defender cases before. Frustrating!

theincredibleaf

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
My Otterbox defender case has decreased the touch screen sensitivity too. Never had that issue with Otterbox defender cases before. Frustrating!

Like someone already mentioned...

Install SGS Touchscreen Booster.

It says that it only works on original Galaxy S, but this is not true.

Increase sensitivity from 40 to 70.

It really works and now my S7 doesn't frustrate me with the screen.

Jenette Brazell

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having keyboard problems? Most of the times when I type, it goes nuts and starts typing gibberish on its own like it's possessed.

Yes. And it's bad. I have the S6 Edge and it just started doing this. I wonder if it's a a software update issue

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel