Adjust sensitivity touch screen samsung s7

mojofusion

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I had a Zagg Glass protector on my S7 with the slightky curved edges. Not the S7 Edge as they thought I had. Anyway, it never worked properly, the screen was too hard to respond and I wound up breaking the screen protector.

Morgiemacnei

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site
"How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity on Samsung S7? It's too sensitive."

There is a new case that came out from otterbox and it has a built in screen, it really toned down the sensitivity

washuai

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I find some of my touches don't register sometimes, so it is not sensitive enough for me. It's better than my LG G4 was which really had some touch screen issues of touch not registering.

Hien79

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Except for the pretty look it creates, the curved edge on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is completely useless and annoying! It is definitely a faux-pas in design! The CURVE is part of the screen which of course, responds to every touch. When you hold the phone in your hand, it is impossible for your palm to not touch the CURVED edge (which is part of the touchscreen) and as a result SOMETHING will be unintentionally activated (either an app or a navigation button). I have not found a solution for this yet!

I have a phone case on which helps a bit but the CURVE, which is part of the screen, responds to every

Hien79

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
Except for the pretty look it creates, the curved edge on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is completely useless and annoying! It is definitely a faux-pas in design! The CURVE is part of the screen which of course, responds to every touch. When you hold the phone in your hand, it is impossible for your palm to not touch the CURVED edge (which is part of the touchscreen) and as a result SOMETHING will be unintentionally activated (either an app or a navigation button). I have not found a solution for this yet! Even with a phone case, the curved edge is still partially exposed. Of course, the REGULAR Galaxy S7 has no such problem. When you handle the phone your palm touches only the frame not the screen.

Ron Moser

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site
I wish the 7 edge was more sensitive so you can use gloves. The S5 had a increase touch sensitivity you could turn on & off. It was great for outdoor use or if you ride motorcycles.

quechuy777

Feb 11, 2017
Visit site
I was having same issue with over sensitive touchscreen on the new Galaxy S7 edge. I almost returned it, but called tech support. Here was their suggestion that worked for me.

1. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Show system apps
2. In Application Manager, Go to TouchWiz Home>>Storage>>Tap on Clear Data
3. Do the same for TouchWiz Easy Home
4. Go to Settings>>Application>>Application Manager>>More>>Reset App preferences>>Reset

Note that this will reset your home screen to default, but after this, my overly sensitive touchscreen problem went away. The accidental clicks were way less frequent (still happens from time to time though).

Hope this helps others.

This worked well

Jarrod Osborne1

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I have a screen protector and now it's not sensitive enough... tapping multiple times to type this comment. Super frustrating! They took away features from s6. Including lower megapixels on camera, no ir blaster, and just less customization features.. seems Samsung look 2 steps back... guess I'll consider other options, I liked the galaxy's because they weren't I phones..but
now it's getting harder to tell the difference.

Soprano00

Jul 2, 2017
Visit site
The problem is the Touchwiz launcher. My phone was over-sensitive as well, instead of scrolling I triggered clicks all the time. I installed Trebouchet launcher (unfortunately it isn't in the app store, you have to download the apk) and everything works perfect. No false clicks, even inside applications like Firefox. It may work with other launchers as well, I just tested Trebouchet and liked it (it's the former launcher of Cyanogenmod).

marcuspapad

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
download touch protector
install blah blah blah
go to "SHAKE"
turn "SHAKE UNLOCKING" off
make sure Shake locking is ON
then, Skake SENSITIVITY must be set to .2 (very sensitive)

essentially telling your phone to lock by shaking very easily, but not allowing your phone to be unlocked by shaking.

...you can unlock by pressing the volume UP button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar