10-05-2017 11:44 AM
81 123 ...
tools
    How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity on Samsung S7? It's too sensitive.
    03-12-2016 11:49 AM
    How do I adjust the touch screen sensitivity on Samsung S7? It's too sensitive.
    Welcome to Android Central!

You can't adjust it. It is set that was permanently.
    03-12-2016 04:42 PM
    I too have the samexperience problem with my s7... I can't even hold my phone in one hand without activating apps that are on the right and left sides of the screen (also have the problem with the back and multitasking menu) also way too sensitive with inadvertent touches.... pleaseven help
    03-15-2016 07:46 PM
    I also feel like it's way to sensitive! Coming from Oneplus 2.
    03-15-2016 11:26 PM
    Have you all sent emails to Samsung speaking of this, more people that do, the faster they look into it.

Sent one off today about this, not end of the world but should be a simple fix via add option to settings.
    03-16-2016 02:12 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Did send a mail to support about the issue. Found a temporary fix for the "back and multitasking buttons" that somewhat worked on my phone by installing an app called Galaxy Button Lights. I did set it to "always off", and that actually reduced senistivity on the buttons a little bit on my specific S7. Not perfect, but a start while waiting for Samsung to adress this annoyance.
    03-16-2016 02:45 PM
    03-17-2016 12:52 PM
    I've sent the S7 Edge back within my 14 day cooling off period. I can't live with the screen sensitivity, it's ridiculous.
    Why it doesn't just have a setting to adjust it I don't know. I may look again if a fix is sent out, but no way can I cope with this.
    Gayle Lynn and Hien79 like this.
    03-20-2016 01:15 PM
    I've sent the S7 Edge back within my 14 day cooling off period. I can't live with the screen sensitivity, it's ridiculous.
    Why it doesn't just have a setting to adjust it I don't know. I may look again if a fix is sent out, but no way can I cope with this.
    About to do the same thing, incredibly frustrating. Especially since I won't be getting the free gear vr or year of Netflix now either! Very disappointed to say the least.
    03-20-2016 01:23 PM
    I really don't find it to be an issue, I guess it is all in the user pref. But I do agree there should be a way to adjust it.
    03-20-2016 04:50 PM
    How can something be to sensitive? I wish it was more sensitive. This damn otterbox screen protector make it so I have to press on the screen instead of just touching
    03-21-2016 12:13 PM
    Not to mention this is a android people. I searched screen sensitivity on play store, downloaded top rated one. Problem fixed, you can increase and decrease it.
    03-21-2016 12:17 PM
    The screen is not sensitive enough for me. I'm using an otter box case tho. Will try downloading a sensitivity app
    03-27-2016 02:12 PM
    I use an otter box also. Which sensitivity app did you use?
    famerom likes this.
    03-27-2016 02:27 PM
    I read somewhere to lower the pointer speed settings. I lowered mine and still testing whether it works.

I'd appreciate it if somebody could mention the app they use to adjust screen sensitivity.
    03-30-2016 08:00 PM
    Agreed and can barely use with gloves also, adjustability would be nice
    03-31-2016 03:44 PM
    Anyone fix this yet
    04-01-2016 02:54 PM
    same problem. Nick what software did you install?
    04-02-2016 06:32 AM
    Anyone else having keyboard problems? Most of the times when I type, it goes nuts and starts typing gibberish on its own like it's possessed.
    04-03-2016 10:43 PM
    I don't like the sensitivity either but since those with cases (and presumably screen protectors are noting the opposite I guess I'll throw a screen protector on and see if that helps
    04-07-2016 06:33 AM
    I'm also having issues with the sensitivity on the S7 Edge. I'm about 6 days into owning it, but thought about returning it on day 2. I looked into ways to solve the problem, from a case to prevent edge touches, too a screen protector to reduce sensitivity. I have not tried a protector yet because the only brand at Best Buy, Zang, has reviews complaining it quickly starts peeling at the curved edges, or cases causing bubbling.

I'm coming from an iPhone 6 Plus, so it's already a difficult transition with operating systems, so it's just so sad that the sensitivity really ruins the experience. Especially when one of this phone's reatest design features, the edges, also become one of the biggest problems.

Sensitivity has caused random ad touches, links and apps, plus sudden scrolling momentum loss. Also accidental text highlighting, difficulty typing, reaching across the screen, holding and picking up the phone comfortably. Even the multitasking button acts odd, like twice in one day split screen opened up and I wasn't near that area.

I saw a co-worker's regular S7 with a protector on, applied at Best Buy. It looked too obvious with how it doesn't cover the entire glass panel. On top of that, you could tell the whole right edge was starting to peel due to being a lighter color or not as clear. It's like see a nice car with a terrible window tint job.

I may have to return the phone since I don't want to possibly deal with this for the next year or two.
    04-07-2016 10:33 AM
    I have the exact same problem. Did send a mail to support about the issue. Found a temporary fix for the "back and multitasking buttons" that somewhat worked on my phone by installing an app called Galaxy Button Lights. I did set it to "always off", and that actually reduced senistivity on the buttons a little bit on my specific S7. Not perfect, but a start while waiting for Samsung to adress this annoyance.
    Thanks for your information. You were right the Galaxy button lights program works. I'm not too sure how or a why? Just that it does. I was going to send back my Samsung S7 Edge but now I think I'm going to keep it.
    04-10-2016 06:50 PM
    What I did is buy a smudge and anti-glare screen protector and installed it on my S7 Edge it decreased sensitivity immediately and worked perfect I think that's a good solution that you should try good luck
    04-13-2016 07:46 AM
    Anyone else having keyboard problems? Most of the times when I type, it goes nuts and starts typing gibberish on its own like it's possessed.
    I read this and had to laugh! Mine does the same thing. I thought it was just me. Have not a clue as to why it does it. And the touch sensitivity is just as bad. All in all though, I am a fan of the phone. I had a screen protector put on at store, which is rounded to accommodate edges, it must be made of glass, as I have to almost bang on screen to close some apps.
    04-21-2016 04:23 PM
    I have a screen protector on as well as a case, my phone is having issues. I need to up the sensitivity. When I type on my keyboard it sometimes does not register what I am typing, which is extremely annoying. Samsung has used the option to adjust the screen in the past. It's such an easy fix. Hopefully they will listen they listen and update this in the next firmware update. Did anyone find out the name of the app that adjusts the sensitivity?
    theonecid likes this.
    05-01-2016 12:25 PM
81 123 ...