S7 (Verizon) Will Not Connect to PC

stuck limo

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Just got the 200 gb Sandisk card, installed it, downloaded all Samsung drivers (plus ADB server) and the computer/phone will not recognize at all. I'm using the stock cable, after market cable, enabling USB debugging, etc. Nothing at all happens. I formatted the SD card too within the phone, and it appears to be mounted.

The only thing that happens is the little BLEEP BLOOP sound and then the phone charges via USB.

Any ideas?

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
You have to manually make it the whatever driver thing for the comouter. You have to slide the screen down and you can change what you want to use the computer for.. Otherwise it thinks you just want to charge your phone

Posted via the Android Central App

JHStewart1023

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
It's hard to explain I noticed it when I tried to link my phone to my compter... Here this is sorta what I'm trying to explain

Attachments

• 3802.jpg
    3802.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 333

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
By default when you plug the s7 in it seems to be a charger, scroll down notification and hit the battery charging, it gives the option of running the installer (which you could do the first time) or using as media device. When you select media or whatever its called give it a second and the pop up should appear on the pc screen that says open files to view folders.

Seems like phones used to remember what you used last time, but the s7 and my note5 now make me change it to media device or whatever everytime i want to move pics or videos or music around.

Hope this helps

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Travis Man

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I just got an S7 a week ago, and it's been driving me crazy to attach it to my laptop as an outboard drive. I was about to go insane when all of a sudden the 'Use USB for' window popped up for me. That was good except I didn't know how I had gotten that to show up. Yes, you are right, that when you plug the S7 into the laptop USB port, this window is associated with the 'Charging' notification (it was still difficult for me to find because it was mostly hidden behind the 'Charging' notification, but the 'Use USB for' was definitely there). Interesting development w/ this S7 phone. Thx.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You need the drivers for the phone. Download smart switch from the Samsung website.

MisterEd51

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
You need the drivers for the phone. Download smart switch from the Samsung website.

With the S7 connected to my PC the USB drivers started downloading on my PC after I installed the Samsung SideSync program. You can use SideSync to transfer files but find that awkward. Instead I use the drive that pops up whenever the S7 is connected with the USB cable. The drive for me is called "SAMSUNG-SM-G930A". It contains a folder called Phone. There also is a folder called Card if you have a microSD card.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad I saw/read this. I've only had my phone 8 days and haven't connected it to my computer yet. I've been using BT to transfer a few photos. It would have taken a few tries to have noticed that notification about what to do with the connection. Drivers are downloading right now :)

stuck limo

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Still having MAJOR issues when I connect. Samsung Smart Switch didn't help --- it keeps telling me my USB connection is unsupported.

Then, when I look at my phone or SD card when normally plugged into the PC, I get a literal blank screen "This Device is Empty" message or I get a bunch of hard drive icons that cannot be clicked/opened with no titles.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue and here's how I resolved it.

Yes I read so I know you already have the drivers installed so I won't insult you by telling you to install the drivers. :)

Go to Settings and in the search box above type in "USB Configuration"
It will pop up a menu and just choose MTP and that should solve the issue.

NewS7User

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
For really new people:

Plug in your USB to the GS7 and the PC (expect to hear a bleep bloop and see the charging icon on the GS7)
View attachment 224191
On the GS7, click the line that says "Connected for Charging"
It pops open this screen:
Shot1a.png
Click the that says "Transferring Media Files" (or other choice)
Note the following icon on the PC's Taskbar:
shot2.png
If you hover the mouse, it will show:
Shot4.png
If you click the icon on the PC Taskbar, you will see the following notification (if first install)
Shot3.png
When it completes installation, you should see this screen:
Shot5.png

Then you can use it as normal external memory device.

Seth Slayton

Apr 22, 2016
Visit site
I am having a similar issue. I have a Galaxy S7 (Sprint) running the Google Now launcher (not sure if that makes any difference). When I plug mine into my PC it charges fine. I also see the charging notification in the notification area. However, tapping on it doesn't do anything. I am not able to get the USB window to show at all and searching through the settings turns up nothing either. I am new to Android having switched over from a Windows Phone so I am unused to this OS. Any suggestions on what I may be missing?

49er_PhD

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue and here's how I resolved it.

Yes I read so I know you already have the drivers installed so I won't insult you by telling you to install the drivers. :)

Go to Settings and in the search box above type in "USB Configuration"
It will pop up a menu and just choose MTP and that should solve the issue.

Nope. Nothing found when I do this.

49er_PhD

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
For really new people:

Plug in your USB to the GS7 and the PC (expect to hear a bleep bloop and see the charging icon on the GS7)
View attachment 224191
On the GS7, click the line that says "Connected for Charging"
It pops open this screen:
View attachment 224193
Click the that says "Transferring Media Files" (or other choice)
Note the following icon on the PC's Taskbar:
View attachment 224195
If you hover the mouse, it will show:
View attachment 224197
If you click the icon on the PC Taskbar, you will see the following notification (if first install)
View attachment 224199
When it completes installation, you should see this screen:
View attachment 224200

Then you can use it as normal external memory device.

None of this worked. I don't hear any sounds and I don't see any of the options you mentioned including the connected for charging.

49er_PhD

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
Ok. Here's the fix that worked for me with Verizon: Go to settings, enter the search term 'Developer options,' after they show up, scroll down and turn ON 'USB debugging' then scroll down more and click on USB configuration, there you will FINALLY be able to see the MTP transfer option that you can't see anywhere else, thanks apparently to Verizon. Cheers.

PS - Keep this handy because apparently it resets to 'charging only' when you power off or maybe it was safe mode, but the issue is that you may have to reset it this way more than once.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I've tried everything listed and nothing works. It says USB debugging is on and it's in MTP mode under developer options but still I plug it in to the computer and nothing. I tried plugging in a hard drive to test the computer too and it's working just fine. This is beyond frustrating!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21