changing the sound for the S7 Timer

Frolin

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
Using the system Clock app, anyone found a easy way to change the sound it makes for the 'Timer' ?

With the Alarms, you can pick a sound file. No option shows for the Timer.
Not wanting to hack, so this might not be possible, but wanted to ask...

mccann1987

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I was thinking the exact same thing. I can't find any option for it so it doesn't look like you can.

Posted via the Android Central App

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S7 Edge for just two days, and have discovered that there is no list of selections for sounds on the Samsung Timer. I use the Timer all the time, and the one sound that comes with the S7 Edge is horrendous, totally unacceptable. On my 2 year old Galaxy Note 3, I had a long list of sounds for the Timer and found one that I was happy with. How could Samsung overlook providing sound options for the Timer in the S7 Edge?

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The timer sound and alarm sound is something I've been wanting to change but can't. I can't believe they would even leave that out as an option. That makes me mad, I use the timer a lot and the alarm as well. I used t obe able to change them on my GS5. :(

BillPhillips

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Glad to know others are bothered by this small detail. My son thought I was silly to care about it. But, if you use an app frequently, and have to hear a RUDE sound every time you use it, it can get irritating. I ended up actually purchasing another timer from the Play Store. $2.00 I think. Well worth it. It's called Alarm Clock Xtreme by Innovation Labs (AVG.) Actually, there's nothing "Xtreme" about it. It's just an ordinary clock, timer, stop watch with a long list of sound selections for the timer. It has the roller type number selection which is slower to set than the keypad which Samsung still offers along with the roller option.

I think that the roller clock option is a "cute" gimmick first used by Apple. When I saw it originally, I thought, wow, how neat. But, over time, I realized that just setting numbers the old way using a number pad was quicker. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!"

Bill Phillips
Durham, NC

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
The timer sound and alarm sound is something I've been wanting to change but can't. I can't believe they would even leave that out as an option. That makes me mad, I use the timer a lot and the alarm as well. I used t obe able to change them on my GS5. :(
I can't help you with the timer sound but you can change the alarm sound to anything you want.
Go into the alarm and click on alarm tone. Scroll right down to the bottom and select add from device storage. I use sound picker to choose my custom sounds.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Personally I use Timely as my clock instead of the Samsung app. Been using it for like 4 years I think. I suggest you guys look into it.

Google's own Clock app from the Nexus phones are also downloadable from the Play Store.

Robert757

Dec 17, 2016
Visit site
I just upgrades to the s7 edge from the S5 and cant believe they just left this feature out.
So we could have the "edge" gimmick. I really don't see an improvement over multiple panels.

mtRoom

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I found a crude way to do this simply by setting a different ringtone's filename to the same name as the default one.

Phone must be rooted however.

(In the following steps, whenever the prompt appears to "remount the system drive", select "Yes")

1. Install and run Total Commander
(may need to tick "root functions everywhere" in the settings also)
2. Navigate to the directory:
/system/media/audio/ringtones
3. Rename the ringtone file "Time_Up.ogg" to something else (e.g. "Time_Up_BAK.ogg")
4. Copy & paste the ringtone file you want to use (e.g. "Race.ogg") into the same directory
5. Rename the pasted tone to "Time_Up.ogg"
6. Now to allow playback of the tone:
Long-press the file > Properties > RWX > Tick all the 'R' boxes (enables "read" permissions) > Apply
7. Test the Timer and celebrate!