06-22-2018 03:46 PM
284 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Attachment 220463
    This is mine, and has constantly been like this. I have had nothing but issues with this phone, I even had to factory reset my device the day after I got the phone.I even downloaded package disabler pro and disabled bloatware only. It still hasn't made a difference. This is my usage for today, and my phones been in my pocket all morning. I even had power saver on! I really want to like this phone, but I am having a hard time with this battery crap. So after speaking with a rep for AT&T, they suggested going in and exchanging it for another phone since I am within my 14 days. So now I have to spend more money on another screen protector. Such a headache, reminds me of my old iPhone 4 that was glitchy as heck.
    I don't think it's is. It only sits at 100 for a couple minutes for me.
    We are having the same problem. Its very frustrating for me. I went to bed with 100% charged, woke up in the morning with 82%. I've reset my phone 3 times to no avail. I will be calling Verizon today to get a replacement edge. Im not going to settle, especially at a $792 price tag. This last time I reset my phone I didn't even install any of my personal apps and the phone's battery is still dropping like a bad habit. This happened as well when I tried the Note 5 last year. The battery would drain crazy. I reordered a replacement and the device battery worked as intended. I was consistently getting over 5 1/2 hours of screen on time with the replacement. Barely getting 3 hr SOT with this phone.

I have another edge in the house and that phone android system/os barely trickles upwards past 10%. And this phone has all personal apps installed. The phone in question here, texts all day like nobody's business, social media, uses the phone medium to heavy usage and still have 30 by bed.

Bottom line don't settle, reorder a replacement.
    03-16-2016 06:11 AM
    Damn. That sucks.

Mine only drops about 1% an hour over night.

Overall I've been pretty happy with my battery life.
    I disabled always on display last night and it only dropped 6% compared to over 15%
    Aquila likes this.
    03-16-2016 06:56 AM
    BEFORE (With AOD ON, WIFI ON)
    Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160315-092305.jpg
    AFTER (With AOD Off, Wifi Off)
    Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-075541.jpg

3.5% battery drop per hour Vs. 0.37% drop per hour
    turning aod & wifi off definitely "fixed" the problem.
    I experiment try twice more with just aod or just wifi off to see which one is the real cause..
    Jason Stroud1, Dukins and Aquila like this.
    03-16-2016 07:15 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20160315-092305.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	220640

Name:	Screenshot_20160316-075541.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	220641

I experiment try twice more with just aod or just wifi off to see which one is the real cause..
    Thanks this helps, but don't feel I should have to turn anything off especially wifi. I don't have unlimited data. I will try to turn off wifi at work and see if it helps. But again my gold edge in the house has everything turned on and is working like it should. Please keep us updated.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-16-2016 07:33 AM
    Thanks this helps, but don't feel I should have to turn anything off especially wifi. I don't have unlimited data. I will try to turn off wifi at work and see if it helps. But again my gold edge in the house has everything turned on and is working like it should. Please keep us updated.
    you're right, i'm just trying to stop drainage before possible firmware fix comes out.
    By the way did you try your Gold Edge at your work with wifi connected?
    because I noticed my S7 (with wifi on, of course) drain a lot faster when it's connected to home wifi.
    but seems to be normal when it's connected to wifi at work.
    what kind of router do you have at home, and at work?
    03-16-2016 09:09 AM
    you're right, i'm just trying to stop drainage before possible firmware fix comes out.
    By the way did you try your Gold Edge at your work with wifi connected?
    because I noticed my S7 (with wifi on, of course) drain a lot faster when it's connected to home wifi.
    but seems to be normal when it's connected to wifi at work.
    what kind of router do you have at home, and at work?
    Gold is not connected to Wifi at work, but is on. Arris router at home. No matter where I am the battery drains fast though. Well ill be taking mine to a Verizon store today and exchanging. This time I wont install any personal apps until I feel comfortable with Android OS and Android system not killing my battery.
    03-16-2016 09:34 AM
    So not sure if this was the cause as I am going to fully charge again today and re-test over nite but yesterday around 8pm I disabled Knox using Package Disable Pro and shutdown/restarted my Edge. You can see in the battery graph now (which this is the same charge as the image I posted yesterday) at that time the battery leveled out a lot. I used the phone for about 2 more hours normally before bed and did not plug it in. When I went to sleep I had 36% left and woke to 24% with AOD on which is much better than the 25% drain I had before. Now to recap I had AOD on, Wifi was on and the phone sat on my nightstand. For the first time I now have seen Doze kick in as it should overnite. So I an confirm that with AOD on doze should still come on so something else was stopping it the other nites. Maybe Knox is the culprit?? I do get an annoying message when I reboot from Knox but I don't care for the better battery. I will update tomorrow on how the new charge goes now.

Also to note my SOT was only 1 hours 52 minutes for this charge.

Android System using 30% battery-2016_03_16_09.34.47.jpg Android System using 30% battery-2016_03_16_09.36.08.jpg
    03-16-2016 09:42 AM
    Wait how do your gsam shows Doze (% Screen Off) and Doze Sessions? mine doesn't show that. have you had it since you got the phone? (I have s7)
    03-16-2016 10:11 AM
    It's not the always on display its > Marshmallow. I have S7 and rooted LG G3. As soon as I installed any Marshmallow Rom on the G3 the battery drain increased by 30-40%. There's a fix for some rooted devices, but wee have to wait for Google and Samsung to update the S7. Turning on and off wifi will not help much either, and you need the wifi for precise map location.
    03-16-2016 10:11 AM
    I am not seeing much of a battery drain problem as a heat problem (in my opinion). It slowly ramps up from the morning then hovers around 85F which I know isn't burning hot but it is warm to the touch and can feel it in my pocket. I don't have too much running in the foreground. What bothers me is the "held awake" time of 2h 17m over 3h 47m since turned on. This seems alarming to me. I can't figure out what it is.
    03-16-2016 12:08 PM
    hmm no problems here & even better battery life with "Package Disabler Pro" <-- No root needed.

No crank down display brightness & disable GPS nonsense etc milking the battery.
    The simple fix is disable bloat such as,
    Facebook Junk
    Drive
    Gear VR Junk
    Google play Movies etc google voice Junk
    Knox Junk
    S Voice
    Samsung+
    Basically the basic stupid bloat & your device will sleep deep
    Attached Thumbnails Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-121029.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-121040-1-.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-121048-1-.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-121238-1-.jpg  
    Dukins and CharlesCC2 like this.
    03-16-2016 01:05 PM
    hmm no problems here & even better battery life with "Package Disabler Pro" <-- No root needed.

No crank down display brightness & disable GPS nonsense etc milking the battery.
    The simple fix is disable bloat such as,
    Facebook Junk
    Drive
    Gear VR Junk
    Google play Movies etc google voice Junk
    Knox Junk
    S Voice
    Samsung+
    Basically the basic stupid bloat & your device will sleep deep
    Would you mind sharing screenshots of what exactly you disabled for us?
    skinneejay likes this.
    03-16-2016 01:17 PM
    Would you mind sharing screenshots of what exactly you disabled for us?
    Some basics for those that don't know,
    Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
    Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
    Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
    Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
    All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.

Disabled App Screenshots ,
    Attached Thumbnails Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-143331-1-.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-143347.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160316-143411.jpg  
    CantWaitForEvo and skinneejay like this.
    03-16-2016 02:02 PM
    Working apps in background & basic settings
    3 Gmail accounts auto sync , Rain Alarm Pro app 2 hour sync , Weatherbug app 2 hour sync , GPS enabled , BT enabled , Hangouts enabled , Samsung pay active on home screen & lockscreen , LTE Service - VOLTE Disabled , Screen brightness 80% , Fingerprint scan enabled etc.
    Just an everyday use device no major cripple going on.

Sleep trickle 1% loss every 3.5 hr
    03-16-2016 02:15 PM
    Some basics for those that don't know,
    Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
    Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
    Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
    Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
    All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.
    Thanks so much for this app. I'm trying it now and it looks like it's disabling all these apps. Hoping it works. Looks like it's root without all the effort of root!! We'll see if it translates into battery savings.
    03-16-2016 03:14 PM
    Thanks so much for this app. I'm trying it now and it looks like it's disabling all these apps. Hoping it works. Looks like it's root without all the effort of root!! We'll see if it translates into battery savings.
    It will work my friend , You will be getting some good savings with knox disabled + others.
    Also if lockscreen protection is in use - code or fingerprint disable the "Trusted Places" setting.
    batt saving there & also thinking that setting enabled may be the Blackscreen culprit some have experienced
    03-16-2016 03:25 PM
    It will work my friend , You will be getting some good savings with knox disabled + others.
    Also if lockscreen protection is in use - code or fingerprint sensor disable the "Trusted Places" setting.
    I was just excited to disable KNOX!!! it said it was using 10% of my battery!!! and I couldn't disable it, i was not happy...
    03-16-2016 03:27 PM
    Right on my KNOX was eating 6% with some of the others at 1% - 2%.
    Samsung S7 is strong device excellent hardware , without the junk bloat its a beast.
    They need to change their ways go pure google as much as possible
    03-16-2016 03:53 PM
    49% of my battery is getting eaten up by Android System and Android OS. I've downloaded the package disabler pro, cleared my cache and I'm still having problems. My phone is getting so hot that it makes my hand sweat through the case while I'm on calls

Edit: I also notice that it takes forever for me to download any updates or apps even thought I have a 35+ Mbps connection.
    Jason Stroud1 likes this.
    03-16-2016 04:11 PM
    Hey,

Quick question do you have the US version with SD820 or the exynos version? Also... does android system show up draining 20%+ on your battery stats? I have the s7 I am getting very decent battery life but the android os is draining 20%+ off my battery. I did most of your recommendations but I have not disabled knox. I am trying to figure out if Know and Gear VR are the problem or not!

If anyone else reads this and does not have the android system battery drain problem please reply to this.

I have been doing research and reading different forums trying to figure out what is happening. And it seems like the exynos does not have the android os problem.
    03-16-2016 04:32 PM
    Hey,

Quick question do you have the US version with SD820 or the exynos version? Also... does android system show up draining 20%+ on your battery stats? I have the s7 I am getting very decent battery life but the android os is draining 20%+ off my battery. I did most of your recommendations but I have not disabled knox. I am trying to figure out if Know and Gear VR are the problem or not!

If anyone else reads this and does not have the android system battery drain problem please reply to this.

I have been doing research and reading different forums trying to figure out what is happening. And it seems like the exynos does not have the android os problem.
    03-16-2016 04:32 PM
    49% of my battery is getting eaten up by Android System and Android OS. I've downloaded the package disabler pro, cleared my cache and I'm still having problems. My phone is getting so hot that it makes my hand sweat through the case while I'm on calls

Edit: I also notice that it takes forever for me to download any updates or apps even thought I have a 35+ Mbps connection.
    I've noticed the last part about this downloads as well
    03-16-2016 04:39 PM

I would hard reset run stock for a day , If the hot makes your hand sweat returns it may be time for replacement.
    If it runs cool like should install Package disabler & disable the basics no deep system packets
    03-16-2016 04:53 PM
    Perhaps this has something to do with the doze features if marshmallow or the app optimization features. Just a thought?

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 04:58 PM

Name:	Screenshot_20160315-092305.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	220640

Name:	Screenshot_20160316-075541.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	220641

Guys just letting you know I have been through all this with the S6. WiFi was the culprit for the S6, and I just chose the setting 'WiFi off with screen is off unless plugged in' that fixed most my issues.

A few more annoying things I had to do was turn location, Bluetooth, nfc all off, until I needed them.

dreaming of electric sheep
    03-16-2016 05:07 PM
284 ... 23456 ...