06-22-2018 03:46 PM
284 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I think it might be normal. I don't remember seeing that when I jumped into Recovery, but I usually don't pay attention. Sorry
    Trees likes this.
    03-20-2016 07:41 PM
    No problems with Nova here (4% battery usage in 12 hours):

Android System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160320-230627.jpgAndroid System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160320-230619.jpgAndroid System using 30% battery-screenshot_20160320-233338.jpg
    03-20-2016 10:38 PM
    No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.
    I've come back to publicly apologize to Kevin @NovaLauncher and anyone that followed by rushed and informed quote above. I've really found the problem to my battery drain. It is the default email app. I use the default email app for unwanted mail. I have over 20,000 unread emails. In short, the email app was syncing every 15 minutes. When email would sync it try to sync more than 10 emails at a time, every 15 minutes. I removed my yahoo from the default email and use the official email app. I will screenshot my results later.
    03-21-2016 01:47 PM
    Some basics for those that don't know,
    Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
    Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
    Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
    Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
    All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.

Disabled App Screenshots ,
    Hi mate, I don't have the advanced section under WiFi?

Also, I just used the app, and it's done a funny thing to my battery settings display, and switched the graph to the bottom and power saving toggle etc to the top, any ideas?
    03-21-2016 02:37 PM
    In my experience, Google=android. Whenever you use Google, it shows up as android/services, etc.

If you want iPhone battery life, then you should set your android up like an iPhone. For a Samsung phone, this means a granular sweep of the settings and turning off anything you never had on the iPhone (smart stay, smart unlock, quick connect, etc,etc.) My biggest tip to those coming from iOS is to disable the Google app itself. It's a huge wakelock and will add a fair bit to your standby drain. I have disabled mine and I've gone from 1%/hr drain to 1%/6hrs.
    03-27-2016 05:40 AM
    Some basics for those that don't know,
    Google search bar widget - disable the Ok Google voice setting. So many place on home screen which is bad.
    Settings / More Connection Settings / Nearby Device scanning - Off
    Settings / Wifi / More / Advanced / Network Notification - Off

"Package Disabler Pro" Application - NO ROOT NEEDED!!
    Disable KNOX etc with no trip device remains secure warranty in tact.
    All Samsung users should have that app , sticky needed for it in every Samsung forum.

Disabled App Screenshots ,
    Package Disabler pro is NOT needed for good battery. In fact it can be the cause of bad battery if used incorrectly. You can get Stella battery life without it (as lots of users do)
    03-27-2016 05:55 AM
    Package Disabler pro is NOT needed for good battery. In fact it can be the cause of bad battery if used incorrectly.
    Examples?
    03-27-2016 06:29 AM
    No, I have always on disabled (don't want the burn-in). I never got that much Android System usage on the S6. So far this S7 is a step back in battery performance for me.
    AOD moves every minute to avoid burn in.
    03-27-2016 04:46 PM
    Package Disabler pro is NOT needed for good battery. In fact it can be the cause of bad battery if used incorrectly. You can get Stella battery life without it (as lots of users do)
    Would love to know how you have your phone optimized. Mind sharing?
    03-27-2016 06:07 PM
    AOD moves every minute to avoid burn in.
    It still moves in very limited space so I think it will still burn in.

it's not like it hops around the screen like a screen saver.

edit: well it moves around more than I expected, but it doesn't look random. Wonder how many different locations it uses.
    03-27-2016 07:15 PM
    You sure knox is disabled? Click on knox in Package disabler and see if it has running = Yes. I bet it does.
    I have Knox disabled and use samsung pay all the time. I checked and it says package is not running.
    03-27-2016 08:14 PM
    I have Knox disabled and use samsung pay all the time. I checked and it says package is not running.
    I disabled Knox last night. Today, I tried to use Samsung Pay, but got an error message. After that, all of my cards and data were deleted automatically from the app.

Is anyone else able to use this app with Knox disabled?
    03-28-2016 11:09 PM
    Absolutely 100% no doubt an issue with android system. Look at the mah usage. And i have knox disabled. I'm sure it's no doubt something Verizon screwed up with an update. Always is
    Attached Thumbnails Android System using 30% battery-1459297310972.jpg   Android System using 30% battery-1459297318882.jpg  
    03-29-2016 07:23 PM
    Good battery life had without much better with. Bloat effects deep sleep & device performance. Disable bloat battery bleed during sleep is cut in half + sum providing increased performance.
    I loose 1% in 8 - 10 hour sleep. Such performance is not had out of box so yes , apps like Disabler Disabler Pro provide goodness & 99% of XDA agrees. Yes disable wrong stuff device can go sour play safe nothing factory reset can't fix
    03-30-2016 08:14 AM
    I disabled Knox last night. Today, I tried to use Samsung Pay, but got an error message. After that, all of my cards and data were deleted automatically from the app.

Is anyone else able to use this app with Knox disabled?
    Im having no SP issue with KNOX disabled. As long as Smart Manager shows "Secure" & About Device "Official" SP will preform.
    03-30-2016 08:22 AM
    Hi mate, I don't have the advanced section under WiFi?

Also, I just used the app, and it's done a funny thing to my battery settings display, and switched the graph to the bottom and power saving toggle etc to the top, any ideas?
    That's odd, I would think all S7 Marshmallow builds have that wifi setting.
    Hmm your battery display. The App has "Disable All Bloat" setting , did you use that setting? If so that may be the problem.
    03-30-2016 08:34 AM
    Not sure why my s7 has android system and OS at 30% but the battery life is just fine.... I can get 4-6 hours of screen in time every time yet these percentages are very high for what they should be. It must be an error in the soft where or somthing.
    04-11-2016 08:06 PM
    T-Mobile received update a few days ago that gets Android System under control working very well on my device big time battery & performance boost.
    Other carries should release update soon problem solved thread put to sleep.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-11-2016 08:26 PM
    this is definetly some bug and it doesnt matter if you get 1 day or 2 of battery life...
    android system should not be waking the device so much
    mine was ok till i updated to last germany build
    04-25-2016 11:24 PM
    my build is apd1
    04-25-2016 11:27 PM
    Disabled most of samsung apps (except Knox that is shown here to be juice eater) and now my Android system drains only 9% even in overnight

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-25-2016 11:44 PM
    Why its your screen is only at 5% mine is around 30?
    04-28-2016 02:38 AM
    My screen is around 40% and my android system is around 23 is this normal?im not satisfiedwith my battery life
    04-28-2016 03:27 AM
    Screen at 40% could indicate that your screen is active and therefore using battery power. In parallel, the brightness level could be high, and that will use more battery power. I use the Auto brightness setting default.
    04-28-2016 06:33 AM
    Absolutely 100% no doubt an issue with android system. Look at the mah usage. And i have knox disabled. I'm sure it's no doubt something Verizon screwed up with an update. Always is
    Your image has a list of packages included in Android System, and they're in a different order than they are on mine, even though we both have Verizon-branded S7's. I wonder if those packages are listed in order of most battery use to least, and if that would give me a hint as to what I should disable, assuming it's not something I want to use.
    06-08-2016 03:52 PM
284 ... 678910 ...