Android System using 30% battery

stevenkisor1

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Just giving an update, after disabling wifi during sleep, a few more bloat apps, and always on display i only lost 4% battery last night during sleep. Wayyy better than the 16% I was getting before the tweaks.

That's good news, so I changed that setting this morning.

Have you looked at under Android System , so see what's running?
I find it odd to see that "camera" has run for 22 seconds, out of the 2 hours my phone has been unplugged. I have not used the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1322.jpg
    1322.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 243

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
the exynos doesnt have the battery drain issue. the issue has something to do with snapdragon... hopefully they pusha update that fixes whatever optimization snapdragon left out. th android system should never ever take up more battery than the screen. notice on the exynos versions android system is taking its usual 4-8% on snapdragons its taking 26-34%

huzzam1

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
what?!? you've got a brand new gs7 and you're "not doing much with it?" what's the matter with you, man? shouldn't you be taking days off work to caress your new matrix-portal???

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I just used Samsung Pay an hour ago with Knox disabled by Package Disabler Pro. Works flawlessly still (and I even got the $30 gift card notification) .

redtailed

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Just giving an update, after disabling wifi during sleep, a few more bloat apps, and always on display i only lost 4% battery last night during sleep. Wayyy better than the 16% I was getting before the tweaks.

Yeah, got mine down to 1/2 % per hour too. That was what I was getting with the S6.

I just used Samsung Pay an hour ago with Knox disabled by Package Disabler Pro. Works flawlessly still (and I even got the $30 gift card notification) .

You sure knox is disabled? Click on knox in Package disabler and see if it has running = Yes. I bet it does.

the exynos doesnt have the battery drain issue. the issue has something to do with snapdragon... hopefully they pusha update that fixes whatever optimization snapdragon left out. th android system should never ever take up more battery than the screen. notice on the exynos versions android system is taking its usual 4-8% on snapdragons its taking 26-34%

A good part, near 1/2, of the android system is graphics processing when you are using the phone

Disabling about all of the same bloat with package disabler pro, and disabling location services, I get the same idle drain of 1/2 % per hour as on the S6. And of this 1/2 % per hour an hour, over 15% is android system. I am OK with that.

Part of this can be the carrier bloat in the US (snapdragon) and not snapdragon vs exynos. On the S6 I found my-tmobile to cause a lot of drain (though it isn't present on the S7).

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(45902)

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
A good part, near 1/2, of the android system is graphics processing when you are using the phone

Disabling about all of the same bloat with package disabler pro, and disabling location services, I get the same idle drain of 1/2 % per hour as on the S6. And of this 1/2 % per hour an hour, over 15% is android system. I am OK with that.

Part of this can be the carrier bloat in the US (snapdragon) and not snapdragon vs exynos. On the S6 I found my-tmobile to cause a lot of drain (though it isn't present on the S7).

i understand what your trying to say but the facts are (at least from ppl posting the shots of their battery on xda) is that the exynos are getting like 10+ hours Screen on time andlike a 24-36 hours battery life with the same stuff disabled ... whereas we are getting 5-6 SOT and 14hours battery life... and the difference is in ours for some reason the sysem is draining the battery. there should not be a 2 times difference in battery life because of "Bloat" i dont care how you try to rationalize it... and dont get me wrong yes the batterylife as is is good enough to get me through the day until im to a charger... but im still perplexed on why were stuck with good battery life and they get excellent battery life.

newmankd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I downloaded package diabler pro and disabled most bloatware. Knox was using 33% battery, vr gear was 30%. I don't see much improvement today.... The only app that is over 10% is settings... Cant disable that.
I run my screen at almost 90% and Android OS is almost triple the screen percentage.
I had a similar problem on my Note 5 but usually I could identify the app and take care of it. I want to see screen time as the highest percentage since I'm always on my phone and run at 90% brightness...

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Well still looking good Android System still in check Sleep is so deep pretty scary . The way it's playing out looks to be 4 days use close to 5hr SOT.

Needless to say I wont be accepting firmware updates

odd Samsung Push Service is active , Ive been tempted to disable but will hold back don't want to jinx current performance

you have confirmed this yourself?
Yes confirmed Ive used 3 times the last 2 days

Attachments

• 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20160317-163653.jpg
    Screenshot_20160317-163653.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20160317-163702.jpg
    Screenshot_20160317-163702.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20160317-163708.jpg
    Screenshot_20160317-163708.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_20160317-163716.jpg
    Screenshot_20160317-163716.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:

Altema22

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I turned off the features that I felt were no real use, I have emails sync set to manual rather than push. Regularly clear cache and do a reset every few weeks on all my phones.
I turn off unused features and sync seldom used mail accounts manually as well, but why would you reset regularly unless something is wrong?

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I wasted money on Package Disabled Pro because Knox is still eating away at my battery between 8-15% per day.

Make it so.

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I wasted money on Package Disabled Pro because Knox is still eating away at my battery between 8-15% per day.

Make it so.

Ugh... that sucks. Mine says it's still running too when I click on it. Damn Samsung...

Still, I think the battery isn't too bad. Especially if you can plug it in for 30 minutes or so in the afternoon.

redtailed

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site

Make it so.

I think you have to do disable it outside of the phone, like with Windows based debloater. by gatesjunior. With this ou have to enable developer options and enable USB debugging mode.

Having said that I wouldn't chance it myself as it may be needed by the OS and not boot after disabling.

newmankd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I just "reenabled" Knox with Package Disabler Pro and went to the app and it has used 29% battery today! So I can confirm two things... 1)Package Disabler Pro is not what is says it is (probably just hides the app) and 2) Knox is the culprit! Anyone else know how to get rid of it or tame it down?

newmankd

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
I show 2 Knox apps in the Disabler Pro
"Knox" and "KnoxAppsUpdateAgent"
I disabled them both all day today... not real change in battery. I reenabled them and and Knox says it used 29% battery... not quite the "disabling" I was hoping for.

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Are we sure the battery numbers for Knox are directly related to Knox? If you go to other system apps, it will show the exact same percentage. I think its just a percentage usage by that particular set of apps in system. Check out Locaton Services, several spots down the list. Exact same percentage.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1