Android System using 30% battery

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
ok..so someone riddle me this.. I have mine showing in the 30% also.. so how come when I went to bed I had a 19% charge.. with the night clock on I wake up 7 hours later and I have a 19% charge? how how how.. I'm happy but how....

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Screenshot_2016-03-17-15-07-36.jpg
Not a Samsung but step your game up. Every single Android I've had is pretty much like this, unless custom ROMed.
That's why I used to carry 2 phones around, company iphone and Android. Android will get me through the 6 hours I need after work.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
ok..so someone riddle me this.. I have mine showing in the 30% also.. so how come when I went to bed I had a 19% charge.. with the night clock on I wake up 7 hours later and I have a 19% charge? how how how.. I'm happy but how....
hmm I have no clue.

I do know this , don't tweak anything else your setups working as is mine lol

I'm 2 days-11 hours on battery with 40% remaining 2hr 46min SOT.
No handy capping my device needed with 80% screen brightness.
S7 is blowing away my Note 4 performance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 177
  • 76.jpg
    76.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 77.jpg
    77.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm 2 days-11 hours on battery with 40% remaining 2hr 46min SOT.
No handy capping my device needed with 80% screen brightness.
S7 is blowing away my Note 4 performance.

Posted via the Android Central App

What causes these long plateaus (see pic in post #138)? Whatever is causing them is the reason you are getting long battery life. Remove those and you have the same slope as me.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
What causes these long plateaus (see pic in post #138)? Whatever is causing them is the reason you are getting long battery life. Remove those and you have the same slope as me.
the plateaus are device sleeping lol. Thats a good thing every Android user seeks.
On my Power user days that consist of 12 hours I get over 5.5 hours of SOT with over 3 hours of milk music pay.

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
the plateaus are device sleeping lol. Thats a good thing every Android user seeks.
On my Power user days that consist of 12 hours I get over 5.5 hours of SOT with over 3 hours of milk music pay.

How are you getting it to deep sleep? Just but freezing the 2 Knox apps? Are you using Greenify or some other app?

Also, what aren't people freezing the third knox (status) app? Does it trip knox?

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
How are you getting it to deep sleep? Just but freezing the 2 Knox apps? Are you using Greenify or some other app?

Also, what aren't people freezing the third knox (status) app? Does it trip knox?
All info you seek can be found in my posting on Page 4 of this thread. I went into good detail on what I have going on.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am still worried. I charged phone overnight, unplugged it, looked at GSAM and battery temp was 70F. Over an hour and half, the temp shoots up to 85F and starts to level off. Battery loss was only 2% though. Looking at it again I have 1h 44m since unplugged, held awake 1:36:43, 11%. I don't understand these stats, how can held awake be almost same as time since unplugged but only be 11%?

I am supposing that some app or service is responsible for this, not that it just decides to warm itself up just for fun. How to figure this out without root on M? I am hoping this isn't a HW problem. I really don't want to swap the phone at this point and risk something worse, everything else seems to run fine.

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I've been experiencing similar battery issues. It was great after the first four or five days, but now it's just taken a dive. I turn it on the in the morning, and 30 minutes later (of using it, screen on) I've lost 10%. It's like I watch that number dip further and further down. I have gone into apps and disabled ones that I don't care for or need, and set other apps to sync either daily or manually. I always have wi-fi on, and while I'm careful with battery life I don't go disabling tons of apps just to save a few hours of battery. It just concerns me how much the phone seems to be using, and how quickly the battery drain has begun not even a week after I first got it. I feel it should be a slow trickle of battery, not a random avalanche.

I also don't think that you should be required to purchase a separate app program to disable apps to get good battery life. You can start disabling so many apps and features you're left with half a phone. Instead, there should be better tools to help you understand and manage the battery, not just say "Android System." It's frustrating how different an experience 3-4 days makes

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been experiencing similar battery issues. It was great after the first four or five days, but now it's just taken a dive. I turn it on the in the morning, and 30 minutes later (of using it, screen on) I've lost 10%. It's like I watch that number dip further and further down. I have gone into apps and disabled ones that I don't care for or need, and set other apps to sync either daily or manually. I always have wi-fi on, and while I'm careful with battery life I don't go disabling tons of apps just to save a few hours of battery. It just concerns me how much the phone seems to be using, and how quickly the battery drain has begun not even a week after I first got it. I feel it should be a slow trickle of battery, not a random avalanche.

I also don't think that you should be required to purchase a separate app program to disable apps to get good battery life. You can start disabling so many apps and features you're left with half a phone. Instead, there should be better tools to help you understand and manage the battery, not just say "Android System." It's frustrating how different an experience 3-4 days makes

What service provider do you have? Also have you thought about doing a factory reset to completely wipe the phone.
You can also trying wiping cache instead of a full wipe. Do you have GPS turned on? In settings I make sure I turn off any AUTO update features along with the smart controls. That seems to help a lot. Yesterday I got about 5 hours of on screen time and a full day and half of battery life. Which to me is pretty good. There is no way that would have happened on my S6 edge

motivr

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
In my case, it's definitely Wi-Fi AC connection that is causing the battery drain. If I connect to 802.11n router, battery is OK.
but If I connect to my 802.11ac AC2600 router at home, S7 CPU usage suddenly go up and cause big battery drain problem. I also noticed that web browsing on my S7 (with 433Mbps AC signal) is slower than my old S4 (with 150mbps N signal)
I don't know if it's my router issue or S7 issue.

luisrcastillo

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
In my case, it's definitely Wi-Fi AC connection that is causing the battery drain. If I connect to 802.11n router, battery is OK.
but If I connect to my 802.11ac AC2600 router at home, S7 CPU usage suddenly go up and cause big battery drain problem. I also noticed that web browsing on my S7 (with 433Mbps AC signal) is slower than my old S4 (with 150mbps N signal)
I don't know if it's my router issue or S7 issue.
I agree with this. I noticed that if I login to the 2.4 ghz network battery life is better than the 5 ghz network on my AC router

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the S7 Edge but still see the same thing. It doesn't worry me.

Attachments

• 1458322472446.jpg
    1458322472446.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 61
  • 1458322479756.jpg
    1458322479756.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 63

Rlin5741

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my phone appeared to re disconnecting and then reconnecting to wifi fairly frequently at work; a reset of the router appeared to fix that issue. I also turned off the network scanning for bluetooth in the location settings of the phone (note: just turning off bluetooth does not affect this, because the network scanning feature is to allow a scan of networks even if the radio is turned off by the user).

So far today, the battery life is much better - tracking to a 25% longer life and SoT (I was getting 15-16 hrs life with 2 hrs SoT, now on track for 20+ hours life with 2.5-2.75 hrs SoT). This is all with my news apps refreshing, Outlook app, Gmail, and Exchange all set of push for multiple folders, weather refreshing, etc.

By the way, it looks like a ton of people posting here leave their phones on and unplugged overnight - what is the reason for this? I was fairly certain that Li-ion batteries do not suffer memory effects, and the lifetime is a function of total discharge and charge cycles (i.e. 2x charging from 50% to 100% has same impact as 1x charging 0 to 100%). The "conditioning" that people used to recommend did not do anything to the battery itself, it was more of a calibration for the battery controller so that it would correctly recognize the zero point and 100%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
What service provider do you have? Also have you thought about doing a factory reset to completely wipe the phone.
You can also trying wiping cache instead of a full wipe. Do you have GPS turned on? In settings I make sure I turn off any AUTO update features along with the smart controls. That seems to help a lot. Yesterday I got about 5 hours of on screen time and a full day and half of battery life. Which to me is pretty good. There is no way that would have happened on my S6 edge

Where do I find those settings? Thanks

motivr

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
By the way, it looks like a ton of people posting here leave their phones on and unplugged overnight - what is the reason for this? I was fairly certain that Li-ion batteries do not suffer memory effects, and the lifetime is a function of total discharge and charge cycles (i.e. 2x charging from 50% to 100% has same impact as 1x charging 0 to 100%). The "conditioning" that people used to recommend did not do anything to the battery itself, it was more of a calibration for the battery controller so that it would correctly recognize the zero point and 100%.

I fully charged and left it unplugged overnight to test battery life during idle (when phone is not turned on, with no apps running in background)
S7 battery drain has nothing to do with the battery itself. it's Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC problem.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance