Android System using 30% battery

eatonjb

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a screenshot of Nova eating battery?

I am using it, phone does not seem warm, not the best battery life but im sure it's something else, nova never showed in my battery list.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this has already been pointed out, but understand that the battery percentage numbers are a zero sum game. The total for everything MUST add up to 100%. It looks to me like any battery use that isn't directly attributed to some other specific user is simply lumped into Android System.

Don't worry about how much battery Android is using. Worry about how your overall battery life is. For me, this phone gets better life, and more screen on time, than any other phone I've used.

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I fully charged and left it unplugged overnight to test battery life during idle (when phone is not turned on, with no apps running in background)
S7 battery drain has nothing to do with the battery itself. it's Qualcomm Snapdragon SoC problem.

Apps are running in background sleep they won't show info stats until battery drops to 96-98%.
As far as Snap being the culprit I highly disagree , my usage detail posted in this thread shows this.
It comes down funky setting , bleeding app or WiFi 5Ghz causing battery distruction.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jklein9515

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

How do you determine what prevents the phone from deep sleep?

pixel_junkie

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
No. Nova. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

After much dismay and using Nova for over 7 years, I had to let it go. Long story short, Nova Launcher was keeping my phone awake the entire time the phone was on. I am NOT saying that it's everyone's problem, but unfortunately for me and MY phone it was causing my phone not to deep sleep. After removing Nova, I began to setup Touchwiz, my phone rebooted by itself and the phone was super warm. After removing it, my phone now sleeps like a baby. I expect that my massive drain will end. Again this may not be everyone's problem, but for me I had to let it go. Sorry Nova, Touchwiz works just fine for me right now.

I use Nova, would love to know how you figured it's effecting Doze so I can track it on my phone

tstolz

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova, would love to know how you figured it's effecting Doze so I can track it on my phone
Same here, and I'd love to know if this is why I'm getting 2.5-3.5 hours of screen on time vs others 6+. I have wifi set to turn off when asleep, but per gsam, the wifi never shuts off. Something must be keeping my phone awake....

koppins

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I had all these issues and my battery was draining too fast. I uninstalled Nova and then reset back to factory. I then started putting my apps back on the phone. I dimmed my screen. I've seen a great improvement in the battery. Yesterday I had a full charge at 10:30 in the morning. When I went to bed at 10:30 my battery was at 40%!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Good tip. Just made the change on my Verizon Note 5 with MM. Have good battery life regardless, but will take more. My wife also has a Note 5 and while she does have much more SOT that I typically do, has not been getting as good battery life as me on a relative basis. Will change from Global to CDMA/LTE on hers and see if that makes a meaningful difference.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
How do you determine what prevents the phone from deep sleep?

Same here, and I'd love to know if this is why I'm getting 2.5-3.5 hours of screen on time vs others 6+. I have wifi set to turn off when asleep, but per gsam, the wifi never shuts off. Something must be keeping my phone awake....

Settings-Application Manager-Click on the app. Look at memory. Nova Launcher uses too much memory.

Again, once I removed Nova, my battery has been phenomenal.

pixel_junkie

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Right, but how did you figure it's keeping your phone awake? Also, memory usage and battery usage are two different things. If Nova shows under battery stats with some high number, that would be concerning but it usually runs around 2% which is nothing and very much normal. Your battery life may be phenomenal but it's not because you removed it ...

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Right, but how did you figure it's keeping your phone awake? Also, memory usage and battery usage are two different things. If Nova shows under battery stats with some high number, that would be concerning but it usually runs around 2% which is nothing and very much normal. Your battery life may be phenomenal but it's not because you removed it ...

Right. If you say so. I know what happened to My phone once I removed Nova. Again I love Nova been using it for years. It just doesn't work for me on this particular phone.

mrkalel

Oct 2, 2010
www.twitter.com
Settings-Application Manager-Click on the app. Look at memory. Nova Launcher uses too much memory.

Again, once I removed Nova, my battery has been phenomenal.
I just checked...

6846f2e059d8940e7f86d681d66bb470.jpg

...and it seems fine. How much is "too" much memory?

skinneejay

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Where do I find those settings? Thanks
Turn the phone off. When the phone is off Hold down the volume up button, Home and Power button while the turn phones back on. Do not release until you see the android logo. It will then boot into recovery mode. You will see the cache wipe there. The volume up and down move and the power button selects the option.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Turn the phone off. When the phone is off Hold down the volume up button, Home and Power button while the turn phones back on. Do not release until you see the android logo. It will then boot into recovery mode. You will see the cache wipe there. The volume up and down move and the power button selects the option.

Noticed "Applying System Update" or similar once phone booted into Recovery. Although I have a Note 5, the instructions are the same, and I have not cache wiped since I've had the phone when it was on Lollipop. It's been awhile since I have gone into Recovery. Is the "Applying System Update" normal now? I didn't see any updates waiting for me when not in Recovery. The VZW CSC in particular was what updated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma