Android System using 30% battery

maximbc1

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
100% oculus bug.

My playstore was stuck on updating oculus. When I reopened VR oculus app it seemed to have fixed the problem and im back to normal now.

ndpsorts316

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
Since i removed all the oculus stuff, shut my phone off and cleared cache, my battery has returned to normal dropping only 9 percent battery since 5am. Android system shows 19 percent battery usage.

vletroye

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site
had same thing happen to me today too. Started today, was good before that and no changes were made to the phone.
Phone is very laggy and slow and a huge drain on the battery by android services. Rebooted 5 times but no help.

Very same happens for me since before-yesterday evening with my Samsung Galaxy S7 (bought ~5 months ago). It draining the full battery in only ~4 hours 30'. Rebooting several times didn't "fix" the problem. I think I saw also an update of Oculus that evening... But it's Android System which is consuming > 30%.

The UI became laggy too and the video (youtube) are continuously stopping (every 5 to 10 sec) although the buffer is still full. My screen is not always on but the phone is really hot. The problem does not depend on my location. I did switch off Localisation, Bluetooth, WiFi, ...

I am using GSAM to "monitor" the battery usage since a long time and I have that battery chart for the past 7 days... But I don't have any figures of the CPU usage before the beginning of this issue.That chart is available only as of Thursday 18:00, exactly when I see that the battery start to be drained full speed (on the short CPU graph available, the average is 40%)

Many people are pointing at Oculus. EX.:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS7/comments/55280e/overheating_and_draining_battery/
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-oculus-gear-vr-app-bug-battery-drain-news/

But no need to uninstall it. Run the app and it starts an update which should fix the pblm.

V.

DanJJ

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled all my oculus apps and my battery life returned to normal. Def an issue with the oculus app updating. Has anybody resolved the issue without removing the oculus software?

Jrbighurt

Oct 1, 2016
Visit site
Same here. Battery died in 3 hours with NO use (overnight). I deleted Oculus and today with moderate use, I still have 62% after 10 hours! Problem solved. THANKS!

Lord Caedus

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I deleted occulas today too and I still have 44% after almost 12 hours. I think the battery is actually better now as I used to be closer to 33% after 12 hours. See ya occulas!

DanJJ

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I received an email from Oculus today that they have fixed the issue. Per the email, opening the Oculus app and letting it update will fix the issue.

mena139

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Battery drains super quick. Android system is using 30%... I don't have any oculous or vr apps installed. Any tips on how I can fix this issue.

Thank!

DanJJ

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Battery drains super quick. Android system is using 30%... I don't have any oculous or vr apps installed. Any tips on how I can fix this issue.

Thank!

What is being reported as using the majority of battery when you look at battery status?

DanJJ

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Your system and screen use seem a little high. My system use is 21% and screen is 11%. But I'm not on my phone much when I'm at work.
Try going into Google Play and make sure all of your apps are up-to-date.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
But I use the google search bar widget all the time . i dont want to loose that function

then you have to live with this drain. I don't have the battery drain anymore after disabling it and now my battery is normal, when I don't touch the phone, it doesn't suck up battery like no tomorrow as it did before

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2