Rooting Galaxy S7

A

AC Question

I would like to root my Galaxy, But rooting disable the OTA updates from Samsung?
Thank yoiu

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I would like to root my Galaxy, But rooting disable the OTA updates from Samsung?
Thank yoiu

Rooting your phone will disable OTA updates and also via Kies/Smart Switch. If you are rooted, you will need to download and flash future updates via Odin.

Veeka1991

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Galaxy S7 from Sprint (G930P). My friend was trying to unlock it via SIM unlock and now the entire phone is crap. The dm-verity verification is now saying that it failed. I can't flash anything via adb nor ODIN. the recovery via TWRP is not working and I have tried many ways to get the OTA update to overwrite anything on the device. I have looked for ways to take the phone and reboot it so that I can unlock the bootloader for it to be rooted. But it seems that the phone is soft bricked or something. This is my first attempt at working with the S7 and I don't really know too much on what to do. Could someone give me some information as to what I need to do or something. I have been working for about a week on getting this phonoe up and running and there is not much help coming from my friend. Please help me.

Kawika

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Galaxy S7 from Sprint (G930P). My friend was trying to unlock it via SIM unlock and now the entire phone is crap. The dm-verity verification is now saying that it failed. I can't flash anything via adb nor ODIN. the recovery via TWRP is not working and I have tried many ways to get the OTA update to overwrite anything on the device. I have looked for ways to take the phone and reboot it so that I can unlock the bootloader for it to be rooted. But it seems that the phone is soft bricked or something. This is my first attempt at working with the S7 and I don't really know too much on what to do. Could someone give me some information as to what I need to do or something. I have been working for about a week on getting this phonoe up and running and there is not much help coming from my friend. Please help me.

Kawika

The bootloader can not be unlocked on these phones. Only the non USA version can be unlocked. Hopefully your phone isn't toast and someone can help you fix it.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I would like to do this (rooting) to my Galaxy S7 Active. As it just received the Android v.8 Oreo (forced update), and so I've lost my much used & appreciated 'Usage Manager' app =(( ...where I could quickly enable/disable mobile data, and kill all running apps in background, etc.

And so wondering where/how to start :confused: , as I'm not seeing the rooting forums-- here in the AC forums. Have the rooting forums section been deleted?

Thanks very-very much for any help or suggestions.