Microsoft Excel App and Marshmallow 6.0 doesn’t work

buckblizzard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge running Marshmallow 6.01, very happy with it except for the inability to install Microsoft Excel and Word App as part of the Microsoft Office suite. This runs great on my Note 3.
When I go to PlayStore I can install the "Microsoft Office Mobile" app (which is just a helper app for MS Word, Excel etc). When I open this app I am presented with the option to create a MS Word, MS Excel or MS Powerpoint document. When I try and do this I am taken back to PlayStore where it would normally say "Install" if it wasn’t already installed it says "Your device isn't compatible with this version"!!
When I read through the PlayStore webpage for the Excel app on my computer it says
Requirements - OS version: KitKat (4.4.X) or above
So it's saying I can't install the MS Excel App because it’s not compatible and at the same time it says it requires 4.4 or above which marshmallow 6.0 is.
Further to this when I copy an Excel 2013 spreadsheet onto the phone it CAN actually open it but it says, “This file is opened in Read Only mode”. I am unable to “Save as”, just says unable to save file. Again this is something I know you should be able to do because I did it on my Note3.
So it appears as if the App is already installed so why does it say "Your device isn't compatible with this version"!! in PlayStore.
I’m confused - anyone knows what’s going on here and more importantly how to fix it? I looked all of the internet and can’t find anyone else with this problem, maybe I’m the only one to use MS Excel on my phone!

19sparky82

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe the ms office all in one app was for kit kat and older. You have to install the individual ms office apps; word, excel, powerpoint, in lollipop & newer. Available from play store or galaxy app store.

Posted via the Android Central App

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed Word and Excel separately and it worked fine. Only glitch I had is I tried to open a document from onedrive (excel or word I don't remember) before I ran that app for the first time and that seemed to cause it to hang on the splash screen. I killed it and ran it by launching from the app icon and it worked after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11