Have to unlock S7 screen twice! GURR!

net1994

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I just got the Verizon Galaxy S7 phone. The only thing (so far, gulp) driving me crazy is the screen unlock process. I created a swipe pattern. However when it is locked, to get in, I have to swipe FIRST to the right, then draw the unlock pattern. Doesn’t make any sense to do this twice. I looked forever in the settings on the phone, nothing there I could see. I googled this to death, didn’t find anything. On my S5, I only had to do this once.

Anyone have a fix for this?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm.. Are you using smart lock? If so disable it and see if you still have the same problem

trd 4rnr

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same thing when I was first setting up my S7.
Then I added Fingerprints :) and everything got better. Now the swipe is used only when the fingerprint scanner doesn't work right away.

net1994

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I think I'll give up on this. I researched a lot of this online. It sounds like this is a Android O/S 6 function designed to prevent pocket dialing of Emergency Calls. That's why you need to double swipe. I don't think there is any way to get around it....unless....anyone knows of a an App that will allow you to change this? Anyone know?

(For the record, I called Verizon tech support and they had no idea and even told me they think "its a normal function that cannot be changed.")

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll give up on this. I researched a lot of this online. It sounds like this is a Android O/S 6 function designed to prevent pocket dialing of Emergency Calls. That's why you need to double swipe. I don't think there is any way to get around it....unless....anyone knows of a an App that will allow you to change this? Anyone know?

(For the record, I called Verizon tech support and they had no idea and even told me they think "its a normal function that cannot be changed.")

Two options: 1) Use the fingerprint scanner 2) If you are in a location where you don't mind having your phone stay unlocked, set up a trusted device or trusted location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol