Have to unlock S7 screen twice! GURR!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have to swipe to get to the fingerprint scanner. I think this was noted earlier.

Two options: 1) Use the fingerprint scanner 2) If you are in a location where you don't mind having your phone stay unlocked, set up a trusted device or trusted location.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have to swipe to get to the fingerprint scanner. I think this was noted earlier.

Mine goes right to fingerprint when I wake the phone up. There has to be a setting you're missing. Check display and also security. It's there

Posted via the Android Central App

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Mine goes right to fingerprint when I wake the phone up. There has to be a setting you're missing. Check display and also security. It's there

Posted via the Android Central App

Minor apology... I tried it again...Mine STILL goes to Swipe screen no matter what but now I can do the fingerprint instead of swiping (ignoring the command to swipe) and it opens. I can live with this. TY.

net1994

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I tried the fingerprint scanner. It's pretty much useless. A million times more aggravating than the above issue. Oh well, if I want to keep the S7 (I can still go back to my S5 until the end of this week), then I'll just have to get use to this major annoyance :-(

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Print scanner takes a bit to set up but it is great once it is set.

I tried the fingerprint scanner. It's pretty much useless. A million times more aggravating than the above issue. Oh well, if I want to keep the S7 (I can still go back to my S5 until the end of this week), then I'll just have to get use to this major annoyance :-(

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Try setting it up again. Use more than one slot for the same finger if nessasary. It works and it works well.

And again there still is the trusted location or trusted device option to at least mitigate this multiple swipe/unlock issue some of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy