Slow charging too slow?

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
The option to change Fast Charging to Slow Charging in the Settings menu is a great thing to have.

So I decided to let my S7 trickle charge overnight. So it estimated that it'd fill up in under 4 hours as the phone had around 25% left. It didn't. It's still charging now (at 81%) when I've woken up in the morning and I've been sleeping at least 6 hours, maybe 7.

In my opinion this slow a charging speed is too slow to be useful if it can't even charge the phone overnight! I hope am update fixes this or at least gives us a third option that's slightly faster than this so we can trickle charge overnight.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You might want to check your 'slow' charger and cable... If I use the standard charger from my tablet (2A charger), the phone is full after a little under 4 hours. And this is the larger-battery Edge! (Disclaimer: I've only tried it from 15%, haven't gone below that yet).

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
You might want to check your 'slow' charger and cable... If I use the standard charger from my tablet (2A charger), the phone is full after a little under 4 hours. And this is the larger-battery Edge! (Disclaimer: I've only tried it from 15%, haven't gone below that yet).
I'm just using the Fast Charger that comes with the phone. I'm taking about the option in the settings menu to disable fast charging.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh! Well, I haven't tried that... I didn't even think about disabling Fast Charging. Don't see a good reason why, I guess. Maybe I'll try this weekend, see how it goes.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Supposedly it means the battery heats up less therefore being better for the phone over the long term. But as it currently stands it's too slow to be of any practical use! I'll stick to normal fast charging for now.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems pretty long if it is a 5v/2a charger . Use an app like battery monitor widget to log the charging current.

lostsoul2

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I dont get the worry about the heat.. I have used fast charging and more and the phone is barely warm. thats with a case and phone on. you can even shut it off and charge it if your worried. It will charge up faster and generate less heat.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I purchased the Samsung wireless fast charger. On Fast charge my phone would be completely charged in about 1 1/2 hours. I turned my fast charging off the other day to try it out. On my wireless charger it takes about 3 to 3 1/2 hours to charge. Since i mostly charge at night i might just leave it off. With that being said i don't think it hurts anything fast charging overnight either. After Fast charging to 60% it is suppose to slow to a regular charge till its full.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey