Samsung angled fast wireless charger

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this in a bundle pack from verizon because i really wanted an angled one to replace the flat one i have.

It works good with the s7, even in an otterbox defender, however my note5 will not charge with an otterbox defender on it.

Its not the case itself on the back of the phone causing the problem i dont think, what appears to be happening is with the added case on the sides of the phone it wont allow the wireless charger to line up like it needs too. Even the candyshell grip case wont let it line up, however with no case it works fine.

Like i said the charger works fine with the s7 in an otterbox, and a motorola droid turbo in a speck case.

This is kind of discussed in the s7 forum, but i fig it would be good to post here too.

**edit: I messed with more when i got home from work, all i can figure is it doesnt like the note5 having any case on it. So i will keep using the flat fast charger, it works fine with a case on the phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Last edited:

DJCBS

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Nokia Qi stands. And that's because the Qi coil on the S7 is really picky (it's probably a lot smaller than normal) when it comes to the placement.
What I'm almost 100% sure happens on the Note 5 when you add a case is that the extra hight the phone gains is enough to misalign the phone's coil with the charger's.

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I have noticed it seems to be much more forgiving. My Note 3, gs5, and g3 all had to be exact but my s7 has almost 1/2“ wiggle room, if more than 1/2“ is off the mat then it won't charge

Posted via the Android Central App

kenrico

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
The most important question...will the charger fit into the prius cupholder ?

Would be easy to hide the power cable in the console and the phone gets placed into the cupholder anyway while driving most of the time

Kenny

sling1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I ordered this in a bundle pack from verizon because i really wanted an angled one to replace the flat one i have.

It works good with the s7, even in an otterbox defender, however my note5 will not charge with an otterbox defender on it.

Its not the case itself on the back of the phone causing the problem i dont think, what appears to be happening is with the added case on the sides of the phone it wont allow the wireless charger to line up like it needs too. Even the candyshell grip case wont let it line up, however with no case it works fine.

Like i said the charger works fine with the s7 in an otterbox, and a motorola droid turbo in a speck case.

This is kind of discussed in the s7 forum, but i fig it would be good to post here too.

**edit: I messed with more when i got home from work, all i can figure is it doesnt like the note5 having any case on it. So i will keep using the flat fast charger, it works fine with a case on the phone.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
Does charger turn off or provide trickel charge keeping battery topped off?

Thanks

Swamp55

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I have been using this charger nightly for the past six weeks. My S7 is in a Spiegen thin crystal case. Every morning the phone comes off the charger at full 100% charge. Perfect charging, and i like being able to view the AOD in the upright position.

redtailed

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
Mine has been good up to yesterday, I had been charging it with the S7 horizontal fine but yesterday it would only charge with it vertical - horizontal only yields blinking blue LED. Not a good sign.