Rebates make me nervous

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
So I got my new S7 today at Costco. Yay. But now I am concerned about the rebate in a number of ways. First, the BOGO rebate offer on my paperwork for everything including the VR and $25 Costco card has a stated offer date starting tomorrow 3/18, not the 3/17 date I purchased it! So I will be heading back to the store as that seems like a problem to me.

But I worry about the rebate in general. I worry about the mail getting lost or the gift card getting lost back to me. How are you guys dealing with that? Just cross fingers and hope for the best? I literally could not afford to pay for both phones full cost. The ONLY way this works for me is if I actually get the rebate. I hate rebates so much.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can send it certified mail with return receipt if you are worried about the recipient not receiving it

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It is the old 'Risk vs. Reward' debate. If you are so concerned to take the risk that the mail could possibly get lost (pretty low risk if you ask me) then you should not go for the rebate. If you can't afford to pay for the phones without the rebate then you have to decide for yourself if the risk warrants the reward (your new shiny phone).
One thing to keep in mind, we all read about failed rebate claims on the internet all the time. What we don't generally read about are all the MILLIONS of successfully completed rebate claims, those are not newsworthy.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
LOL yeah well if your rebate is one of the ones lost the ratio or odds do not matter! I am not sure how not sending the rebate in is a solution to the potential problem either. Oh okay, I won't even try and just pay full price. I'll just "lose" it myself at home. That'll fix it! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power