Galaxy S7 - Google apps won't connect on home wi-fi

WadeOhh

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the new Samsung S7 (non-edge version) and on wi-fi, anything that needs to talk to Google such as Play Store updates for Google apps (Gmail updates, Chrome updates, etc), Play Store downloads are even a bit hit and miss, and even apps that need to sync with Google such as Google Keep and Gmail just will not load. I get no error messages, just endless 'loading' or 'downloading' messages across the various apps. I've tried removing and re-adding my Google account to the phone, still no resolution. Its like my Google account is being block somewhere in the line on wi-fi. As soon as I turn wi-fi off, everything starts working and downloading, this all only happens on wi-fi. Samsung app updates on wi-fi seem to be a bit hit and miss too. It seems to be anything that is a 'system' type app just will not download or update. Regular web browsing in Chrome, browsing Facebook, Twitter, etc all work completely fine on wi-fi.

I've created an account on this forum specifically because of this issue. I've been trying to fix it for 2 days, done endless searching across the web, tried everything known to man such as factory reset router, factory reset phone, nothing has resolved it and I'm at the end of my sanity.

Please help! As mentioned, I really want to try and get this resolved.

WadeOhh

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to test on another wi-fi. That was going to be my next test to see if its the phone or the router. But my wifes phone is working totally fine (android phone).

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm in New Zealand. I get issues from time to time on Telstra Clear / Vodafone DNS.

Primary DNS: 203.12.160.35
Secondary DNS: 203.12.160.36

Try manually entering their DNS?

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In the USA we have a similar issue and have narrowed it down to a specific app. As silly as it is, it seems that the Dunkin Donuts app causes an issue and once it is removed the phone works 100% again. Something to do with it trying to access Bluetooth but that's all I can tell you.

Posted via the Android Central App

WadeOhh

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I ran into that solution last night. However, I don't have that app. The phone actually won't connect to the play store right from first boot (IE: Straight after a factory reset) when all that exists on the phone are the stock apps.

I think I've narrowed it down to something to do with IPv6 (which my ISP does not support). But I still don't know how to solve the problem.

SUMIMASN

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm Canada I have this problem consistently at home. I can't download anything on my home WiFi nor can I even connect to my office WiFi. The same happened to the Edge I bought and returned and the S7 I have now.

WadeOhh

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
I've stumbled across a bit of a fix. When I connect my phone through the VPN I use (I use Private Internet Access) that everything works as it should.

Unfortunately, with my limited knowledge in this area of servers, IP addresses and whatnot, that I have absolutely no idea how, or why, this works, but it does. Happy days :)

Brent Winter

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I live in the US and have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why all of a sudden my wireless stopped loading at home. Just deleted my DunkinDonuts app. It's lightening fast again. Thanks for the information!
Done in by the donuts!

Hortish

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the exact same problem...... Living in Australia, with telstra phone provider and internet with tpg, did you figure out what was going wrong?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy