Verizon S7 /S7 Edge BOGO promotion

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It says that it starts today but I don't see anything on the website yet.

People who bought before should also qualify.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I am glad they followed so people can take advantage of this. Only Sprint hasn't followed.. They are doing a buy one get one half off.

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
excuse my ignorance but i read on the verizon site about this deal and i'm still confused...

i just preordered my s7 and i've had it for a bout a week. my wife is eligible for an upgrade but hasn't used it yet. how would it work if i jumped on this offer for her? how can you get the phone free if you're required to sign up for device payment? can someone that speaks fluent verizon lingo explain it to me haha

chris

chriscw81

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I just called verizon. you get a prepaid visa card 8-10 weeks later that you can use to pay off the phone. seems like a pretty good deal to me.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I just called verizon. you get a prepaid visa card 8-10 weeks later that you can use to pay off the phone. seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Did they say if you can buy just one new phone and use the pre-order purchase retroactively as the second? Or you have to buy 2 phones now since the promo started?

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Did they say if you can buy just one new phone and use the pre-order purchase retroactively as the second? Or you have to buy 2 phones now since the promo started?

Verizon rep told me that a pre-order counts as one, as long as on the same account and as long as one new line added

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am actually contemplating buying another S7 on this BOGO promo purely as a spare instead of buying insurance. I can keep the line for 6 months then cancel (not sure if there's a fee in doing that though). The $20/month for the line, $40 phone tax, $20 line activation (I think) is $180. Cheaper than 2 years of insurance + deductible. Am I overlooking anything?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
So much for my idea, they won't let me do it. You can retroactively do the promo if you bought 2 phones already on the same order, but not buy one then and buy one now. I would have to return what I bought and do the new promo, meaning I lose the Gear S2 and my trade-in promo.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
That's not true. Verizon has confirmed that you can do on two separate orders. When I did the rebate form, I had to upload receipt for each. The person you spoke with may have been confused.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
That's not true. Verizon has confirmed that you can do on two separate orders. When I did the rebate form, I had to upload receipt for each. The person you spoke with may have been confused.

If you already uploaded the receipt, did you buy one in the store yesterday or today? And you bought your other one earlier? Was it at store or online? The person I spoke to seemed to think I could do it if I bought the first phone in the store but I didn't.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
If you already uploaded the receipt, did you buy one in the store yesterday or today? And you bought your other one earlier? Was it at store or online? The person I spoke to seemed to think I could do it if I bought the first phone in the store but I didn't.

I asked rep on char and was initially was told no. I referenced the article I posted here previously and Rep discussed with supervisor and apologized. She said promo was new and they all have not had time to review. She confirmed that pre-orders counted as long as at least one was a new line. I saved a copy of the chat. Also, on rebate site, the eligible dates are 2/23-3/31. I had to upload device agreement for each line separately. The next step required a picture of box bar code. I had to stop as I ordered online today and won't have phone until Tuesday.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I ordered first online during pre-order and second this morning, added a line. According to everything I have seen, it is valud.

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I did chat again and after this different person talked to I guess a different supervisor I got your answer. Doesn't matter if separate orders separate days or where you buy the second phone from as long as you do their DPP. And so he says won't affect the promos on the first phone (trade-in and gear). So something to think about again. It seems a bit silly, I don't need another line, and the phone may just sit in a drawer, but it's tempting to go through with it.

kimelle

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
That's why we did it. I have a tablet line with contract ending. The tablet is ancient, so adding a line for a free phone definitely seems worth it. Not sure if we will keep , sell or my husband may transfer for his note 5 and sell that instead. Either way, it will be worth it for us. The $120 line fee plus the tax is still cheaper than replacing a screen.

Jared2004

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I just did online chat with Verizon rep and she said I'd qualify since I had 2 device upgrades available. I had 2 lines with an S3 for each & I preordered & replaced my 2 S3's with 2 new S7's.