Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

Which would YOU choose? Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge?

• Total voters
Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
I had an S4 mini that I frankly outgrew due to it being so small. I bought a Note 7 which was a stunning phone with so many features, I really hated having to give it back. The closest phone to it was the S7 Edge so I bought that. The Edge actually fits in my hand a little better I must say. The screen on the Edge is frickin' awesome, the camera is awesome, and the phone itself is very elegant looking.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
S7. I wanted a device just for Gear VR, since the screen door is noticeably less with the smaller display. Looks considerably better than my Note 7 did in that regard. Also, I really dislike the more pronounced curves on the 7E. Actual total legible space is the same as the S7, due to the curve. That said, 100% respect a lot of folks like the curve :)

The Best Buy deal going right now made the S7 a reasonable option for Gear VR only function, plus makes a great back up phone :) Prefer my Note 4 with new battery as my main phone. Like a new device with MM update and a factory reset.

anon(10057381)

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
if nobody has said this already..... this poll is being conducted in the S7 section of the forum.... so the results are probably biased towards the S7.... do the same poll in the S7 edge section and see what the results are like?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd choose the Edge! My mom has the S6 Edge and I love it. It's a beautiful, smooth device and the black colour is superb. There's something about it over the S7 that I really like. I think I'd also use the "edge" part of the phone for favourites contacts, etc. I just like the aesthetics and hardware more than, say, the Galaxy S series. My only fear would be getting a good screen protector for it, as I've heard that the curved glass can be a little difficult to accommodate.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Neither. I went with the S7 Active because of its humongous battery. Only 30 days old but BY FAR the best phone and battery life I've ever had. I stream Howard Stern to Bluetooth earpiece all day long and still have above 50% when I'm back home that night. Crazy amazing

spikey27

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Morq: That's what I figured too. I just got my first smartphone - an S7 and am still trying to figure out how to use it.
Rather than risking dropping the little fellow, I bought a (can I say "Otter" here?) and it makes holding the phone so much easier.
And I couldn't see putting another C-note on it and then have to deal with misclicks.

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Better battery life isn't a gimmick. Larger screen isn't a gimmick. And I find the Edge more comfortable to hold because the S7 has chunkier sides.
Bigger batter offsets the slightly larger screen. There isnt much difference in battery life between the two on heavy users.

I liked the feel of the regular S7 myself.

Hey I Tried

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I have an edge, and although I love the screen, the way I hold the phone causes me problems with scrolling and general stuff.
Coming from an LG G3 to this is a learning curve.
But, the edge lighting color notifications when the phone is flipped is awesome.
Edge panels are okay, but the stock & free add on apps are limited in use.

pankaj981

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking about getting the Exynos S7 and I'm coming from an Exynos S7 Edge. The S7E has one of the best battery life so far on any Android device I've used so far. Battery life would be my only concern when moving on to the smaller variant, otherwise the S7E is a beautiful device.

mike21b

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
I had the choice. I chose the "standard" S7. I didn't see any benefits to having the Edge.

Place a regular S7 and an Edge side by side with the same screen - the larger screen is... just barely larger. I think most people who prefer the Edge just like the look and/or the feel.

jreuschl

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just replaced my Note 4 with a S7. While I wanted a bigger screen, the curved screen never really appealed to me. Biggest reason I didn't go with it was reports of the Edge being more fragile and all of the pink line reports.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Had the S7, then "upgraded" to the S7 Edge..it's a fun phone, but the screen shattered recently after it fell onto tile.
Ironically, even with a case on, the case can't protect the 'edge' part of the phone.
The S7 is a better buy, in my opinion, especially for the size. perfect size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara