S7 Facebook connection problem

A

AC Question

I am having an issue connecting to Facebook with myou new s7. I keep getting an error message "can't connect now". I hit more and it says "check your Internet settings" but I have full service and everything else works. If I do clear the cache and do a force stop,it seems to fix it . The problem is it keeps happeningetting. Five times already today. Is anyone else this issue with their s7? Any suggestions on fixing the problem?

Anthonyb97

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
Same problem here also, I had two S7's my first one had a broken home button which had this same Facebook connection issue. Now my current S7 Edge does. It has to be a problem with Facebook, samsung support said to do a factory reset it. I'm just going to wait it out about another month.

jokerpalooza

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
s7 Edge verizon - So whenever I hit "like" on a post, it will only be there for the duration im on the app. When I close the app, it all gets erased as if I was never there but if I open up my facebook on my computer simultaneously to compare, everything I did on the app shows up on the computer... however, like I said above, closing the app then opening it shows that I have not had any activity on facebook. Also, whenever I'm trying to view either my profile or a friends profile, I get a connection issue error message at the bottom of the app. Very fustrating.. I have cleared cache, data, reset, reinstall, nothing works... Is this a facebook issue or an issue with my phone?

Last edited:

renna22

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here. Fb will work fine all day. Wake u p the next day get a can't connect right now so I force stop then it starts working again. Very annoying.

LynziiMarie

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue and called T-Mobile. They had be do a soft reset which helped for the day and then I did a factory reset and I am still having the same problems. It it also happens when i try to run Pandora and Rhapsody. SUPER ANNOYED!

Ptballer

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same issue and called T-Mobile. They had be do a soft reset which helped for the day and then I did a factory reset and I am still having the same problems. It it also happens when i try to run Pandora and Rhapsody. SUPER ANNOYED!

Hi all

Ive managed to fix this by going to
Settings
Application Manager
Facebook
Press force stop

Open facebook
Click link that didnt work before
Voila

You may have to forcestop again later if it persists.. patience for an update and it will fix it

Joycey79

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Im not 100% convinced it's entirely a Facebook issue or Android however whenever I seem to lose connection (ie the posts stop and videos appear to start buffering forever) I simply disconnect and reconnect wifi. Starts working as new. Not happy though, shouldn't be experiencing something like this on a premium phone like the S7 Edge.

Joycey79

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Ah... Reported it to Samsung and they have advised to turn app optimisation OFF within the battery settings for the Facebook app. Seems to have resolved...for now

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
The problem is still there. I noticed that with wifi the app run fine, under 4G it has always connection problems.

Joycey79

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah.. Me too. Curiously what router are you using? It seems to occur more when I'm at home using a BT HUB 5 than it does at work

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670