12-10-2017 08:27 AM
42 12
tools
    Same problems here. Super annoying. Facebook needs to get this fixed quick
    I had same issue with Facebook/Facebook messenger. Did couples factory resets/ wipe cache procedures, replaced the device through Verizon and never worked out. Finally I found the problem. I used to turn the power saving mode ON, and that was the problem, since the last factory reset I have done which was 1 week ago, I haven't face any problem with Facebook so far, because I haven't used the power saving mode again.
    07-05-2016 03:50 PM
    Same problem here also, I had two S7's my first one had a broken home button which had this same Facebook connection issue. Now my current S7 Edge does. It has to be a problem with Facebook, samsung support said to do a factory reset it. I'm just going to wait it out about another month.
    I had same issue with Facebook/Facebook messenger. Did couples factory resets/ wipe cache procedures, replaced the device through Verizon and never worked out. Finally I found the problem. I used to turn the power saving mode ON, and that was the problem, since the last factory reset I have done which was 1 week ago, I haven't face any problem with Facebook so far, because I haven't used the power saving mode again.
    07-05-2016 03:50 PM
    s7 Edge verizon - So whenever I hit "like" on a post, it will only be there for the duration im on the app. When I close the app, it all gets erased as if I was never there but if I open up my facebook on my computer simultaneously to compare, everything I did on the app shows up on the computer... however, like I said above, closing the app then opening it shows that I have not had any activity on facebook. Also, whenever I'm trying to view either my profile or a friends profile, I get a connection issue error message at the bottom of the app. Very fustrating.. I have cleared cache, data, reset, reinstall, nothing works... Is this a facebook issue or an issue with my phone?
    07-05-2016 03:51 PM
    Same problem here.
    07-07-2016 02:47 AM
    It may be worth noting that I have had this problem many times while on phone data plan (regardless of signal strength) but never on WiFi. I can go back and forth between them and the problem never occurs on WiFi...
    07-12-2016 11:08 AM
    This could be a good explanation. Actually I often use power saving mode.
    07-23-2016 12:27 AM
    The problem is still there. I noticed that with wifi the app run fine, under 4G it has always connection problems.
    in having the same problem..works just fine on WiFi. is it a Samsung issue or a Facebook issue?
    08-10-2016 04:37 PM
    in having the same problem..works just fine on WiFi. is it a Samsung issue or a Facebook issue?
    I would like to know it too.
    08-23-2016 05:30 PM
    I'm having this same problem on my Nexus 5X. I've tried a format and reinstall but to no avail.
    09-02-2016 06:29 AM
    I am having an issue connecting to Facebook with myou new s7. I keep getting an error message "can't connect now". I hit more and it says "check your Internet settings" but I have full service and everything else works. If I do clear the cache and do a force stop,it seems to fix it . The problem is it keeps happeningetting. Five times already today. Is anyone else this issue with their s7? Any suggestions on fixing the problem?
    Uninstall facebook reboot Do a google search for old facebook downloads and download a version prior to the latest one.
    You will need to do the same for messenger. Worked for me.
    09-03-2016 10:14 PM
    Same problem here, also with messenger

i rang samsung support today (Australia) and they said a lot of people are calling RE this issue, its not a samsung issue its a facebook issue..they said facebook are working to rectify the problem..make sure you clear ur cache and wait until a new facebook update then try to login again...im still waiting for that update.
    09-04-2016 04:04 AM
    No luck! I've tried unistalling, re-installing. I've tried the force stop in setting and page manager and nothing. It says I don't exist as name, email address or phone number. I lets me access via the interest but you can't really use the same functions. Grrr any help is welcomed. I have a Samsung S7 Edge.

I'm having the same problem with Facebook, Page Manager and Messenger.

Thanks Sally
    09-04-2016 06:43 PM
    I've never turned Power saving mode on, but I'm having the same issues as you! I still can't anything to work
    09-04-2016 06:45 PM
    I am so sick of having issues with the Facebook app on my new S7 Edge. I've actually had the phone a few months, my second phone. My first S7 Edge had constant internet connectivity problems. I'd be in my home, all was fine with my WiFi, and my phone would log on and off of the internet. It was ridiculous. Verizon finally replaced my phone. So now I'm on the second one. Still having some internet connectivity issues, but the biggest problem is the Facebook App errors. It's constant, and I noticed it on the first S7 Edge I had. I love Samsung phones, but am very disappointed. I miss my S5. I have no internet issues or Facebook App issues. I would have never upgraded if I knew what I know now. This is just frustrating. I will pick up my phone in the middle of the afternoon and it tells me I'm not connected to the internet while I've been working in my house for hours. My work phone is a Samsung S7, now that's doing the same dam thing with being connected to the internet, then becoming disconnected. I know there is nothing wrong with our WiFi because the laptops and other devices are fine. I'm ready to throw it away. We just had an update for the phone. I feel like it got worse. Definitely not happy. Oh, and factory resets...nope , don't work.
    09-06-2016 07:09 PM
    Turn off the "Saving battery" option then restart the mobile. Works for me...
    03-06-2017 06:23 AM
    Hi all

Ive managed to fix this by going to
    Settings
    Application Manager
    Facebook
    Press force stop

Open facebook
    Click link that didnt work before
    Voila

You may have to forcestop again later if it persists.. patience for an update and it will fix it
    This worked 100% for me!!! Thank you soooo much!!!
    12-09-2017 04:14 PM
    What is the advantage of using multiple gigs of your phone for fb app when you can use your browser? Fb famously hogs your phones resources. What is the benefit?
    12-10-2017 08:27 AM
42 12