How to transfer files (photos and videos) from S7 to Mac?

xelibri13

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I found a great one and working brilliant! Install "WiFi File Transfer" (on some devices it is already installed) on both S7 and MacBook and it works amazing...after trying everything i was so dissapointed that i would have to switch to iPhone which i totally hate.

Tho it's kind of weird, i have other 3 Samsung devices and they all connect normal to MacBook but S7 no

That worked to Pro but not to Air (we tried in paralel multiple Samsung devices with an Air and a Pro), we installed and uninstalled tons of apps and in the end it was all so so simple with WiFi File Transfer

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryn Deamer

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Thanks xelibri13 - I just downloaded WiFi File Transfer by "Smaterdroid" and was able to connect to my phone via Safari to the address the phone gave me. I will have to play with and see how it works for getting pictures from the phone into Photos on the MacBook Pro.

Sharona1947

Jun 5, 2017
Visit site
Just wanted to THANK YOU for the information you gave us for transferring the photos! It worked brilliantly and effortlessly. I really appreciate your basic presentation of the steps as well. Not just how to do it, but where to find each step...you didn't assume anything and that is essential. Otherwise, I would have had to google where to find "developer Options" for example before I could tap on it. So simple, so fast!

The above post was intended for Bryn Deamer

Last edited by a moderator:

Rindog

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way I have found to transfer photos between S7 with Nougat to a Macbook Pro is plug in the S7 to a usb port on the mac. Swipe down the notifications and tap on the Transferring media files via USB, THEN on that screen tap on the "TRANSFERRING IMAGES" (this is a PTP connection not a MTP connection)don't leave it on transferring media files. Then open your Mac Photos app and importing photos should be available. It will even give the option of only importing new photos if you have previously imported photos still on your SD card.

Sandra Miller3

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
The easiest way I have found to transfer photos between S7 with Nougat to a Macbook Pro is plug in the S7 to a usb port on the mac. Swipe down the notifications and tap on the Transferring media files via USB, THEN on that screen tap on the "TRANSFERRING IMAGES" (this is a PTP connection not a MTP connection)don't leave it on transferring media files. Then open your Mac Photos app and importing photos should be available. It will even give the option of only importing new photos if you have previously imported photos still on your SD card.
I can do this either. It pulls up my photos but before I can hit import they disappear and the screen says no photos found. Until a week ago I could use usb and Android transfer, nothing works. Once I did get it to open, moved one video and then it wouldn't recognize the phone again. I've changed cords, reinstalled programs, still nothing.

Kachuahouse com

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I recorded videos on the S7 and wish to transfer them to the photos app on my mac. However, upon connecting the USB cable I received a message on my phone saying that it is not compatible and I should therefore install Android File transfer or Samsung Smart Switch. I went on both sites on each device but I got a message saying that they are incompatible to install those apps... so now I don't know what to do.

Is there something out there I can use to transfer files from my samsung s7 phone to mac?

Use a pen drive !!

Use the USB connector that came with the phone and plug in the pen drive. Then plug the pen drive into the mac and transfer the files.

Takes a bit longer but easiest option i found.

only6greens

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
I recorded videos on the S7 and wish to transfer them to the photos app on my mac. However, upon connecting the USB cable I received a message on my phone saying that it is not compatible and I should therefore install Android File transfer or Samsung Smart Switch. I went on both sites on each device but I got a message saying that they are incompatible to install those apps... so now I don't know what to do.

Is there something out there I can use to transfer files from my samsung s7 phone to mac?

Hi did you ever find a solution to transferring VIDEOS. I have a samsung S8 the so called flagship phone that I have to tap to focus the camera ! I am using a IMAC and running PHOTOS (Both lates as of jan 18 and I only need an answer to this combination please)
I have sidesync, it lets me select one file at a time - Totally RUBBISH
I tried AFT does not connect
Photos will automatically transfer photos when the S8 is connected via a transfer media option BUT WILL NOT transfer Videos. DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHY - My previous Androis Xaiomi worked fine.
Has anybody found a automatic Transfer of videos option. I do not want a file by file transfer option I have over 200 Videos mixed in amongst over 2000 photos that are already uploaded to the MAC via Photos
Many thanks to all for reading and any suggestions

mdsnonline

Mar 7, 2018
Visit site
https://www.samsung.com/us/sidesync/The easiest way is to download side sync from Samsungs official website and install it and install side sync on your phone too from the play store. then connect your phone through the usb. thats it, you can see your phone screen mirrored on the Mac, you can open the file explorer from the mirrored screen on your Mac and select the file and click on send, the file will be downloaded to the "downloads" folder onto your Mac.

this app lets you see your phone screen on your Mac, you don't even have to look at your phone while you are working.

here is the link to Samsungs official website for downloading it.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...samsung.com%2Fus%2Fsidesync%2F&token=KYi5EibQ

Last edited: