03-07-2018 12:49 AM
35 12
tools
    I recorded videos on the S7 and wish to transfer them to the photos app on my mac. However, upon connecting the USB cable I received a message on my phone saying that it is not compatible and I should therefore install Android File transfer or Samsung Smart Switch. I went on both sites on each device but I got a message saying that they are incompatible to install those apps... so now I don't know what to do.

Is there something out there I can use to transfer files from my samsung s7 phone to mac?
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    03-20-2016 06:18 PM
    I'd also love to know how I can sync my mac calender and contacts if anyone knows. I used smart switch to set up and back up my phone but that's about it.
    03-20-2016 06:30 PM
    Smart switch works. I use it all the time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-20-2016 09:57 PM
    I have a solution to both the photo/video and calendar problems listed above: use Google products. Unlike Apple stuff, they are cross platform. Also Google's photo app is light-years ahead of Apple's. I have my Mac, iPad and Android phone all synced up and it is wonderful.
    03-21-2016 02:15 AM
    Somebody was saying they use a google platform app to transfer photos from samsung s7 to their mac but they didn't say the name of the app.
    I have tried several with no luck- wonder share, android file transfer and several others, they just don't recognise my phone or they say they are connecting but an hour later still nothing has moved, it just keeps on saying it's connecting but nothing ever happens. I have been trying for about 8 hours today. I just want to put my photos from my phone onto my mac. That's all I want.
    08-24-2016 01:03 PM
    Same boat. I end up using Google Drive to upload, store and share files.

Ended up selling iPad Mini 4 for the 9.7" S2 tablet, my 192 gram 6S Plus for the S7, but still use MacBook (and Windows desktop).

I made mistake of installing an old BlackBerry package to work with transferring files from a PRIV to Mac and Mac wouldn't boot until I did safe boot and uninstalled.

How about sneaker-net and use flash drive in S7 and unmount and read from Mac??
    08-24-2016 01:29 PM
    You can do Google photos but that would probably be a long process of going on Google photos on your computer then downloading.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 06:29 PM
    Try either Samsung Sidesync or Smartswitch
    08-24-2016 08:37 PM
    I recorded videos on the S7 and wish to transfer them to the photos app on my mac. However, upon connecting the USB cable I received a message on my phone saying that it is not compatible and I should therefore install Android File transfer or Samsung Smart Switch. I went on both sites on each device but I got a message saying that they are incompatible to install those apps... so now I don't know what to do.

Is there something out there I can use to transfer files from my samsung s7 phone to mac?
    Android File transfer works well I use it all the time. Shows your internal and sc cards as drag and drop files and folders. Not sure what OS your using for it to suggest its not compatible.
    08-26-2016 01:29 PM
    How to transfer files (photos and videos) from S7 to Mac?-screenshot-2016-08-29-15.54.57.png

Is what I see EVERYTIME I connect to my iMac
    iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

I have been trying for a couple of years to find a program that would work.
    -jim
    08-29-2016 07:11 PM
    The only app that I found worked between my S7 and 2015 MacBook Pro 13" 10.10 is an app called AirDroid. It has a little AirPlane Logo. It also shows the number 3 in a white block next to the title AirDroid,,,, not sure if that's a "Version" or not, - BUT - It Works!
    10-21-2016 09:46 AM
    Use an OTG adapter and copy all the files to a thumb drive. Then copy from the thumb drive to the apple device!
    10-21-2016 07:56 PM
    been searching high and low for a program that could transfer files from my S7 to my mac laptop. thank you! Airdroid works like a gem!
    11-13-2016 01:14 AM
    Some good suggestions that I'll try tomorrow.
    11-13-2016 01:42 AM
    I use Instashare for file transfers. There are versions for Mac, Windows, Android and iOS so can transfer standard items from and to most devices. It can be added to mobile share menus and is pretty easy and seamless.
    11-28-2016 11:22 PM
    Did you get a solution. It is maddening
    12-13-2016 10:33 AM
    Same problem here. Have spent an hour downloading and installing smart switch only to get an error message on that saying that USB isn't supported. Not sure why this all needs to be so difficult.
    01-17-2017 09:12 AM
    I have the same problem. Android File Transfer worked like a charm with my old Note II and Mac ... but not with the S7. I'd just connect the phone to the Mac with a USB cable, AFT would launch, and boom - phone on the computer desktop. It was brilliant. I'm going to update the AFT software, but I'm kind of mystified. Why did this suddenly get so hard? One of the things I've loved most about my Androids over the years is their ability to basically work as little portable hard drives.

EDIT: Apparently there are no updates for Android File Transfer. Version 1.0 is it.
    01-29-2017 11:29 PM
    I have the same problem. Android File Transfer worked like a charm with my old Note II and Mac ... but not with the S7. I'd just connect the phone to the Mac with a USB cable, AFT would launch, and boom - phone on the computer desktop. It was brilliant. I'm going to update the AFT software, but I'm kind of mystified. Why did this suddenly get so hard? One of the things I've loved most about my Androids over the years is their ability to basically work as little portable hard drives.

EDIT: Apparently there are no updates for Android File Transfer. Version 1.0 is it.
    Still works like little hard drives for Windows. It's really an Apple issue.

You could use Sidesync to transfer contents.
    01-30-2017 03:23 AM
    To imports photos from a Samsung S7 to "Photos" on a MacBook Pro, do the following:

On the S7:
    1. Open "Settings".
    2. Scroll down to "System"
    3. Tap on "About Phone"
    4. Scroll to "Build number"
    5. Tap on "Build Number" 5 times to turn on Developer options.
    6. Back out to Setting.
    7. New option "Developer Options" should now be visible in System section.
    8. Tap on "Developer Options".
    9. Scroll down "USB configuration" (in the Networking group)
    10. Tap on "USB configuration".
    11. Tap on PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol).
    12. On the MacBook Pro open Photos
    13. Plug USB cable into the Mac.
    14. With luck "Photos" while now see the images on the SamsungS7 - infact it seems more than you bargain for, and some will not be downloadable. But this was OK for me because they were just .png files that must have been in a cache somewhere from a web site. All the photos I had taken were .jpegs which Photos was able to download.

This worked for my on both my S7 and my wife's.

Take care - there was probably a reason why they made the developer option so hard to find! I have to thanks Leanne at Verizon Tech Coach for finding this after messing around with me for an our downloading different apps - like Android File Transfer and Pushbullet.
    02-04-2017 06:04 PM
    I found a great one and working brilliant! Install "WiFi File Transfer" (on some devices it is already installed) on both S7 and MacBook and it works amazing...after trying everything i was so dissapointed that i would have to switch to iPhone which i totally hate.

Tho it's kind of weird, i have other 3 Samsung devices and they all connect normal to MacBook but S7 no
    02-26-2017 06:24 PM
    That worked to Pro but not to Air (we tried in paralel multiple Samsung devices with an Air and a Pro), we installed and uninstalled tons of apps and in the end it was all so so simple with WiFi File Transfer
    02-26-2017 06:26 PM
    Thanks xelibri13 - I just downloaded WiFi File Transfer by "Smaterdroid" and was able to connect to my phone via Safari to the address the phone gave me. I will have to play with and see how it works for getting pictures from the phone into Photos on the MacBook Pro.
    02-26-2017 08:58 PM
    Anyone tried Coolmuster Android Assistant? It is a special designed android data backup app, it could transfer everything from your phone to computer, you can download the Mac version to transfer data on Mac.
    03-01-2017 03:57 AM
    Just wanted to THANK YOU for the information you gave us for transferring the photos! It worked brilliantly and effortlessly. I really appreciate your basic presentation of the steps as well. Not just how to do it, but where to find each step...you didn't assume anything and that is essential. Otherwise, I would have had to google where to find "developer Options" for example before I could tap on it. So simple, so fast!
    CWinkler likes this.
    06-05-2017 01:58 PM
35 12