Missing lock screen notifications?

jackson495

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi forum dwellers - just got a Galaxy 7S running Android 6.0.1 and am having difficulty getting notifications to appear on the "always on" lock screen. At the moment the icon only appears for texts received using Messages, but no icons appear for Gmail or other apps when messages are received while the phone is resting.

I've gone through every menu and confirmed that lock screen notifications are turned on and are active for all apps. I chatted with a Samsung tech support guy who remotely wiped the phone's cache and rebooted it, but the notifications still refuse to appear.

Anyone have this problem or know what I'm missing? I really appreciated the sleep screen notifications on my old Moto X and definitely want at least Gmail notifications to display but can't figure out if there is a setting within that app to change. Thanks for any help!

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
It does work with email, but only with the native samsung email. Gmail or any other email app will not work.

As I use Textra for my messages and Gmail for my mail, I have turned off Always On as it really does nothing for me until they open this up to show notifications for other applications.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae