Touch Screen Not Responsive

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed areas of their touchscreen not being responsive? Particularly the bottom right edge of the screen? I've noticed several times when typing, I have to hit the delete key a couple times before it registers. I've also noticed it with the space bar and other keys on the bottom. Is it just me?

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The phone has never been dropped. It's been like this since day one. It does seem to do it landscape mode. It's mostly present in light touches. If I press harder, it seems to work nearly every time. But lighter touches aren't registered every time in the corners and bottom.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
do you by any chance have a screen protector on your phone? I have a zagg tempered glass screen protector that has a bad halo and I'm having sensitivity problems near the edges. I sort of resolved the issue by reducing the width of the keyboard in the keyboard settings so that none of the keys are under the halo.

Posted via the Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope no problem here. If anything, the bottom right corner is TOO sensitive. I backspace and delete my post sometimes. That backspace is QUICK on the Samsung keyboard. But I am really liking this keyboard quite a lot otherwise.

Last edited:

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
yeah the keyboard is very good I just hope the op can figure out what is wrong with his

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. and I use a tempered glass. if you take it off, what happens?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried taking my tempered glass off I'm too worried I will drop my phone and crack the screen, I'm waiting until I hear of a screen protector without the halo issues

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
My screen protector does not have any haloing. I am using SwiftKey keyboard. Do you think I should try the stock keyboard for a while?

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
honestly I was having the same exact issue with swiftkey with the space bar and p and q keys so I ended up switching to the stock keyboard and it seems better. I actually think it might be a swiftkey thing now that I think about it. I had a note 4 and swiftkey was my go to keyboard but on this phone it just didn't feel the same and I'm using the samsung keyboard as my main keyboard. like you i noticed that the space bar and q and p keys seemed like i had to press extra hard for them to register. I hope swiftkey pushes an update to fix this.

mcirvine

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the lower right corner with my otterbox case on, have to press the period and sometimes the space bar hard or multiple times. Switch to google keyboard and same thing, samsung keyboard worked fine. Without the case no problems. Minor annoyance for my peace of mind I guess.

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
so maybe it's a software issue that the third party keyboard companies need to figure out? are we all in agreement that the samsung keyboard seems to be the most responsive?

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
yes. but I really think that the problem is with the curve on this screen. so if you attach any screen protector (glass) it doesn't register as well since there is some separation. we need to have someone without any screen protector to test this out.

mcirvine

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I did check with and without a screen protector, my otterbox is the defender. So with the otterbox on I have a problem with some keyboards, without the otterbox (i.e., naked galaxy) I have no problems with any keyboard. Something else I can add is that with the otterbox on I don't have any problems with any of the keyboards anywhere else on the screen expect for the lower right corner, just wanted to clarify my first reply.

music_man185

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses. I'm hopeful now that it is not my phone, but the screen protector and possibly the 3rd party keyboard

yunique

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I think the otterbox defender has a built in screen protector so maybe it is an issue with screen protectors and the slightly curved edges of the regular s7

mcirvine

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm sure after all my experimenting that it's likely the built in screen protector, just odd that it only happens on the one corner of the screen and not the other.