10-07-2016 12:32 AM
40 12
tools
    Has anyone else noticed areas of their touchscreen not being responsive? Particularly the bottom right edge of the screen? I've noticed several times when typing, I have to hit the delete key a couple times before it registers. I've also noticed it with the space bar and other keys on the bottom. Is it just me?
    03-21-2016 06:45 PM
    Does the same happen if you type after rotating to landscape mode? Take a look here and see if any of those solutions work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=635028
    Screen unresponsive in some places? Try these fixes.
    yunique likes this.
    03-21-2016 07:27 PM
    Has the phone been dropped?
    03-21-2016 08:18 PM
    The phone has never been dropped. It's been like this since day one. It does seem to do it landscape mode. It's mostly present in light touches. If I press harder, it seems to work nearly every time. But lighter touches aren't registered every time in the corners and bottom.
    03-21-2016 08:30 PM
    do you by any chance have a screen protector on your phone? I have a zagg tempered glass screen protector that has a bad halo and I'm having sensitivity problems near the edges. I sort of resolved the issue by reducing the width of the keyboard in the keyboard settings so that none of the keys are under the halo.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-21-2016 09:08 PM
    I do have a screen protector. It is an iq shield liquidshield
    03-21-2016 09:29 PM
    that type doesn't have a halo right?

03-21-2016 09:31 PM
    Nope no problem here. If anything, the bottom right corner is TOO sensitive. I backspace and delete my post sometimes. That backspace is QUICK on the Samsung keyboard. But I am really liking this keyboard quite a lot otherwise.
    03-21-2016 10:40 PM
    yeah the keyboard is very good I just hope the op can figure out what is wrong with his

03-21-2016 10:42 PM
    I have the same problem. and I use a tempered glass. if you take it off, what happens?

03-21-2016 11:04 PM
    I haven't tried taking my tempered glass off I'm too worried I will drop my phone and crack the screen, I'm waiting until I hear of a screen protector without the halo issues

03-21-2016 11:08 PM
    My screen protector does not have any haloing. I am using SwiftKey keyboard. Do you think I should try the stock keyboard for a while?
    03-22-2016 06:01 AM
    honestly I was having the same exact issue with swiftkey with the space bar and p and q keys so I ended up switching to the stock keyboard and it seems better. I actually think it might be a swiftkey thing now that I think about it. I had a note 4 and swiftkey was my go to keyboard but on this phone it just didn't feel the same and I'm using the samsung keyboard as my main keyboard. like you i noticed that the space bar and q and p keys seemed like i had to press extra hard for them to register. I hope swiftkey pushes an update to fix this.

03-22-2016 07:24 AM
    I'm having the same problem with the lower right corner with my otterbox case on, have to press the period and sometimes the space bar hard or multiple times. Switch to google keyboard and same thing, samsung keyboard worked fine. Without the case no problems. Minor annoyance for my peace of mind I guess.
    03-22-2016 07:41 AM
    so maybe it's a software issue that the third party keyboard companies need to figure out? are we all in agreement that the samsung keyboard seems to be the most responsive?

03-22-2016 07:44 AM
    yes. but I really think that the problem is with the curve on this screen. so if you attach any screen protector (glass) it doesn't register as well since there is some separation. we need to have someone without any screen protector to test this out.

03-22-2016 10:33 AM
    I did check with and without a screen protector, my otterbox is the defender. So with the otterbox on I have a problem with some keyboards, without the otterbox (i.e., naked galaxy) I have no problems with any keyboard. Something else I can add is that with the otterbox on I don't have any problems with any of the keyboards anywhere else on the screen expect for the lower right corner, just wanted to clarify my first reply.
    03-22-2016 11:14 AM
    Thanks for all the responses. I'm hopeful now that it is not my phone, but the screen protector and possibly the 3rd party keyboard
    03-22-2016 11:16 AM
    I think the otterbox defender has a built in screen protector so maybe it is an issue with screen protectors and the slightly curved edges of the regular s7

03-22-2016 11:19 AM
    Yep, I'm sure after all my experimenting that it's likely the built in screen protector, just odd that it only happens on the one corner of the screen and not the other.
    03-22-2016 01:12 PM
    I've been using the Samsung keyboard and so far, it seems to be better. However, I'm really missing swiftkey. The predictions on the Samsung keyboard seem really slow compared to swiftkey. I'm usually halfway through or finished with a word before it shows the predictions. It also doesn't always insert the prediction when I hit the spacebar. Sometimes, it will just enter the unfinished word instead of the word it's predicting. Hopefully swiftkey recognizes this issue and has a fix soon. The screen protector is probably part of the problem too, but because different keyboards work better than others, I have to believe it's mostly the keyboard
    03-23-2016 11:26 AM
    yeah I hope swiftkey (now Microsoft I guess) gets enough feedback to push an update, I primarily used swiftkey on my note 4 but on this phone it just isn't the same.

03-23-2016 11:42 AM
    I have the same problem with my S7. Frequently the space bar, comma, period, and backspace keys at the bottom of the keyboard are at first unresponsive. I end up hitting them several times or having to press harder to get them to register. I'm using the Swype keyboard.
    03-23-2016 07:37 PM
    Bump. Is anyone else noticing this? I'm having a really tough time deciding if I should return my phone. I want to take my screen protector off and see if that is part of the cause, but I do not want to risk a scratched screen.
    03-25-2016 06:55 PM
    so I used to have a tempered glass and this was a real problem but today I took it off and it seems that there is still a delay. I use SwiftKey so I dunno how it is with a regular keyboard but I can't use anything else other than a SwiftKey anways. I really do think its a third party problem. but it's also interesting that only a few people talk about it. which makes me wonder if it's a issue with my phone only? did anyone switch out there phone and see if it got fixed? on SwiftKey my backspace key and space key is horrible.

03-28-2016 09:24 PM
40 12