Purchased a new S7 at a nearby Verizon store last week. Went to submit my receipt today on Samsung's promo website for the free Gear VR. Samsung's promo website clearly states that a receipt with your full name is required. But there's a problem. At least in my region, Verizon is using a new point of sale system which generates receipts which do not contain the purchaser's name on them anywhere!!! I contacted VZW and they were clueless about this problem but promised to bump it up for attention (I can;t be the only person who will run into this.) They told me to speak to Samsung. So I submitted my receipt to Samsung and then contacted them separately to explain the situation, and I'm waiting to hear back. Boy, somebody at VZW really screwed up on this. They've heavily promoted the free Gear VR at their retail stores (just as they promoted the free GearVR or S2 with online pre-orders.) No one noticed that their receipts wouldn;t meet Samsung's criteria? Duh. Anybody else have this issue yet?
    03-21-2016 09:16 PM
    I went ahead and sent my receipt in for the promotion, and it went past the first step to "fullfillment pending" hopefully that means it passed even though my name is not on the receipt only my signature.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    03-22-2016 02:12 AM
    The terms and conditions recommended you print your name on the receipt and sign it. I ignored it since my receipt had my name.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-22-2016 12:51 PM