REPRODUCIBLE BUG: Spontaneous Redial. Has anyone had this happen?

JindoJake

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
REPRODUCIBLE BUG: Spontaneous Redial

I posted to the forum last week after my phone kept redialing a phone number spontaneously when I was using other apps. I couldn't figure out what was triggering it, and it was driving me nuts! I have since found out how to reproduce the behavior. Initially, I thought it was related to bluetooth, but that is not the case. Nor is the issue limited to using Google to voice dial numbers. The issue also occurs using Samsung S Voice to dial calls. Can someone else please confirm if their phone exhibits the same problem?

Equipment: Samsung Galaxy S7 (non-edge) - Verizon
Apps/Settings: Nova Launcher, Samsung S voice disabled, Google Now Cards disabled

Issue: phone redials the last number that was dialed using voice command (either Google or Samsung S Voice), every time the Location setting is enabled/disabled.

How to reproduce (on my phone, anyway):
1. Use Google or Samsung S Voice to initiate a voice-command dial of any existing contact. The length of the call is irrelevant. All that matters is that the phone initiates the call.
2. End the call. Go use some other apps. You can even lock the screen, or wait for it to time-out.
3. Swipe down the notifications bar and toggle the Location icon status. (If you are toggling it from off to on, you have to hit "agree" when presented with the Location Consent screen.)
4. Wait. In a few seconds, the phone re-dials the last number that was dialed using voice command.
5. End the call. Repeat step 3 as many times as you'd like, and the phone keeps re-dialing that number.
6. It doesn't matter if you make another call using the contacts menu and selecting it by hand. Just don't use the voice dial command.

The only ways I have found to keep the phone from re-dialing the number when the Location app is toggled on/off is to 1) reset the phone, or 2) tap the "apps" softkey, and hit "close all apps"

I'm not sure this is the only way to trigger this behavior, but it does it reliably on my phone.

Can anyone else let me know if you can reproduce this bug using the steps above? I don't want to do a factory wipe of my phone after spending the last week setting it up, unless the issue is limited to my phone.

Thx,
JJ

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: REPRODUCIBLE BUG: Spontaneous Redial

Is the bug reproducible in Safe mode? Maybe an app you installed is causing your problems.

Reading all the complaints and problems on this forum alone, is the S7/Edge ready for prime time? Makes me wonder if Samsung just rushed this phone out. It doesn't help that MM is buggy too!

missy8787

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site

If it still happens in safe mode might be a problem with the phone this is the first of heard of this.

JindoJake

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

Yes, I can still reproduce the issue when I boot into safe mode.

Has anyone else been able to reproduce this behavior on their phone? Or not? Either answer is helpful. If the problem is limited to my phone, I may exchange it before the 14-day period is up, although it is almost certainly a software issue.

JJ

dave2016

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem in two different cars that use bluetooth. The only way I can get it to stop redialing is to shut off bluetooth. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the car, but as soon as my phone reconnects to the car it begins redialing the last number that I talked to.

JindoJake

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem in two different cars that use bluetooth. The only way I can get it to stop redialing is to shut off bluetooth. I've tried restarting the phone, restarting the car, but as soon as my phone reconnects to the car it begins redialing the last number that I talked to.

That's odd. I've never used the Bluetooth link in my car. The bug I described above occurs when using voice dial via the phone, or via a Bluetooth headset. Are you able to reproduce the problem with the steps I outlined? I'm still trying to figure out if it's just my phone, or a more general problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol