I recently switched from a Samsung S4 to a S7. Whenever I have Play music switched to download only it tells me my music that I purchased on my S4 needs to be purchased to listen offline. I am signed into the same account I used on my S4. Does anyone know how to access my music again without having to purchase it again?
    03-22-2016 07:15 AM
    This is not true, and frankly makes very little sense. Since people generally change phones every 2 years that would mean that every time someone with an android phone changed phones they would have to repurchase the same music over and over again. The only instance where I know this to be true is with audiobooks purchased through iTunes. In that system, you can only listen to your audiobook on the device you purchased it on.
    When you switch your Samsung phone go into Google Play music and instead of trying to download each individual songs, like you would on the s4, go to your Purchased auto playlist and click the pin to download the whole Purchased playlist. That should fix the problem without you having to purchase you music again.
    I just got an s7 myself, hope this helps.
    03-22-2016 08:34 PM
    Where did you purchase the music? If you purchased the music In Google Play Music (or in the Google Play Store), you should be able to see it when you log into Google Play Music on other devices, such as your new phone or computer. If you log into Google Play Music on a desktop browser and don't see your purchased music (if you click the three dots on the track and see the option to Buy, then it's not purchased), you purchased those songs on another site/store. If you purchased these from another store that downloaded the MP3s onto your old phone, the MP3s would show up in Play Music as the player scans your device and pulls in all supported music files (even ringtones, unfortunately).

If that is the case, you can offload the songs from your old phone to a computer and upload them to your free Google Play Music library using either the Google Play Music Manager app for Windows or the Google Play Music extension in Chrome. Keep in mind that whatever computer you use to perform this action will take up a device authorization (any computer you use to download/upload music counts against your device limit).

Hope that helps.
    03-23-2016 04:50 PM
    When you purchase something on Google Play Music, you're able to listen to it on any other devices that are connected to that same account — with a maximum of 10 devices allowed attached to any account at any given time (and only four de-auths a year).

Something definitely sounds weird here. Any chance you could share screenshots?
    Almeuit likes this.
    03-23-2016 05:06 PM
    When you purchase something on Google Play Music, you're able to listen to it on any other devices that are connected to that same account — with a maximum of 10 devices allowed attached to any account at any given time (and only four de-auths a year).

Something definitely sounds weird here. Any chance you could share screenshots?
    Honest question: if the OP already has 10 devices and the new phone is device #11, is that the message they will see?
    03-23-2016 05:15 PM
    You need to go into the Google Play Music app settings and press the "Refresh" button.

That should bring up your music again. Just had this same problem. Not sure why it didn't do it on it's own. Maybe because i copied the app across instead of downloading it fresh, who knows
    06-02-2016 08:07 AM