S7 alarm and timer issue - goes off, no sound

dd318

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'm not thinking a fix is out just yet for this issue. One morning I woke up late because my alarm didn't go off, yesterday it worked fine for me, and this morning it was going off 2-5 minutes later than I set it. I downloaded another alarm app, and that one went off 30 minutes early. So today I have been experimenting with two 3rd party apps, and the one that came with the phone, and they are all over the board. I only had luck with the built in app once. And that was after I restarted my phone. :( And I'm with Verizon too, btw.

bflood

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Yes! I've been having this issue for the 2 weeks since I got my phone. I've stopped using it for my alarm which is a pain. The alarm goes off but with no sound. I've tried everything. I hope they come out with a fix soon.

Kennansoft

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue...
So I've had my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge for a few days now and I've now been late to work twice because the phone refuses to play any sound meaning I have alarms that don't wake me up...
If I try to play music or watch a video nothing comes out, but then I restart the phone and all of my volume is back and this will be fine for hours. The problem is later in the day I will go to watch something on YouTube or play music again and its dead silent again.
I've been through settings to make sure Do not disturb isn't active, I've checked volumes and anything else I can think of.
Is there anything I can do or try or should I be head heading to a Samsung repair center?

smlmedd

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Tucker for yr help. After rebooting the phone the sound was back, but after some hrs the same problem happen. I also reinstall the OS, and that reduces the frequency.
Hope a new update from Samsung will solve this problem.

bennerebe

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
This sound issue used to happen especially after I have played Real Racing 3 through the game tool.
Anyone noticed same?

I think I figured out today!

When it first didn't go off last week, I thought it was the alarm app. So I paid money for a good one, and it was working.

But this morning it didn't go off! Ahg! I look at my phone and the first thing I see is the stupid solitaire game that I play like every night to fall asleep.

Then I realized, I've got that silly game tool turned on and set to "no notifications".

I check my notification bar, and my alarm said it dismissed itself automatically after 60 minutes. So it went off, just the sound didn't come through.

I think it's this game tools setting. I'm turning it off all together. I mean it's nice to not get notes while you're playing a game, but Damnit I can't be late again!!!

bennerebe

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
I am seriously hating this phone.
Didn't sound off again this morning.

So, as I'm testing it, to try and find what the problem could be this time; I'm looking at the alarm going off on the screen but with no sound, and so I just out of luck, hit the volume key and there's an "Alarm Volume" row that was turned all the way down. I turned it all the way up and it SEEMS to be working now.
But this "Alarm Volume", I cannot see anywhere else. It ONLY SHOWS when the alarm is going off.

All these settings are hideous!! I didn't even mention the mess that the "My Places" settings cause. Too many settings in too many places overriding too many other settings. I'm getting rid of this phone ASAP!!

Screen Shot Showing the "Alarm Volume" Setting:
Screenshot_20160413-065639.jpg

Screen Shot of the Volume Master Settings (No "Alarm Volume" Shown)
Screenshot_20160413-071633.jpg

Sean Sanders3

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
It has happened to me twice now. I usually use Google clock and our didn't work, then I tried the built in Samsung clock, didn't work. I set alarms, timers, it would go off work no sound. I reboot the phone and it took care of it. That was a few weeks ago. This morning though it did the same thing!! Sad, a $700 phone and I'll have to set a back up alarm!!

Lochness76

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Hey, so this morning I woke up nice and rested with the sun shining a bit too brightly - and realized I missed my alarm! I never sleep through alarms. So I tested it and set a timer, than another alarm - both went off without sound. I changed none of the settings, didn't mess with anything. I rebooted the phone and tested again, and everything seemed OK... but that is very, very troubling. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I have the exact same issue as well. Using stock alarm app and sound too. Worked fine after restarting. Did not turn on DND or silent the phone or alarm. Also experienced same no sound issue a couple of times after loaded a game or viewing some video files on fb. Worked again after relaunch the apps. So for now, i better restart the phone just before i go to sleep. Hope there will be a fix soon. I am using s7e