08-17-2018 09:31 PM
84 1234
tools
    04-01-2016 04:59 PM
    I'm not using a 3rd party alarm, the issue is in the sound not working at a certain point
    04-01-2016 08:01 PM
    I'm not using a 3rd party alarm, the issue is in the sound not working at a certain point
    I would try a factory reset.
    04-01-2016 08:51 PM
    Thanks for the info....
    04-04-2016 10:38 AM
    Have same problem with my s7 edge. An solution to this issue plz? Do you think its a software or hardware problem?
    04-08-2016 05:11 AM
    Did you get a solution to this issue or you have returned the phone to be replaced or repaired?
    04-08-2016 05:14 AM
    I haven't seen this happen since the first time, and a normal reboot cleared up the issue. Sorry, wish I had more insight.
    04-08-2016 01:47 PM
    Thank you Tucker for yr help. After rebooting the phone the sound was back, but after some hrs the same problem happen. I also reinstall the OS, and that reduces the frequency.
    Hope a new update from Samsung will solve this problem.
    04-08-2016 03:32 PM
    This sound issue used to happen especially after I have played Real Racing 3 through the game tool.
    Anyone noticed same?
    04-09-2016 03:05 AM
    This sound issue used to happen especially after I have played Real Racing 3 through the game tool.
    Anyone noticed same?

I think I figured out today!

When it first didn't go off last week, I thought it was the alarm app. So I paid money for a good one, and it was working.

But this morning it didn't go off! Ahg! I look at my phone and the first thing I see is the stupid solitaire game that I play like every night to fall asleep.

Then I realized, I've got that silly game tool turned on and set to "no notifications".

I check my notification bar, and my alarm said it dismissed itself automatically after 60 minutes. So it went off, just the sound didn't come through.

I think it's this game tools setting. I'm turning it off all together. I mean it's nice to not get notes while you're playing a game, but Damnit I can't be late again!!!
    04-12-2016 08:14 PM
    I am seriously hating this phone.
    Didn't sound off again this morning.

So, as I'm testing it, to try and find what the problem could be this time; I'm looking at the alarm going off on the screen but with no sound, and so I just out of luck, hit the volume key and there's an "Alarm Volume" row that was turned all the way down. I turned it all the way up and it SEEMS to be working now.
    But this "Alarm Volume", I cannot see anywhere else. It ONLY SHOWS when the alarm is going off.

All these settings are hideous!! I didn't even mention the mess that the "My Places" settings cause. Too many settings in too many places overriding too many other settings. I'm getting rid of this phone ASAP!!

Screen Shot Showing the "Alarm Volume" Setting:
    S7 alarm and timer issue - goes off, no sound-screenshot_20160413-065639.jpg

Screen Shot of the Volume Master Settings (No "Alarm Volume" Shown)
    S7 alarm and timer issue - goes off, no sound-screenshot_20160413-071633.jpg
    04-13-2016 02:02 PM
    It has happened to me twice now. I usually use Google clock and our didn't work, then I tried the built in Samsung clock, didn't work. I set alarms, timers, it would go off work no sound. I reboot the phone and it took care of it. That was a few weeks ago. This morning though it did the same thing!! Sad, a $700 phone and I'll have to set a back up alarm!!
    04-14-2016 09:08 AM
    there are many VOLUME apps that when opened, will show you ALL of the possible volume settings. Enjoy.
    04-14-2016 04:37 PM
    Turning off optimization worked!

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2016 10:53 PM
    Hey, so this morning I woke up nice and rested with the sun shining a bit too brightly - and realized I missed my alarm! I never sleep through alarms. So I tested it and set a timer, than another alarm - both went off without sound. I changed none of the settings, didn't mess with anything. I rebooted the phone and tested again, and everything seemed OK... but that is very, very troubling. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    I have the exact same issue as well. Using stock alarm app and sound too. Worked fine after restarting. Did not turn on DND or silent the phone or alarm. Also experienced same no sound issue a couple of times after loaded a game or viewing some video files on fb. Worked again after relaunch the apps. So for now, i better restart the phone just before i go to sleep. Hope there will be a fix soon. I am using s7e
    04-19-2016 05:07 AM
    Does everyone who is having the issue have any games by GameLoft installed. My problem started when I installed DragonML on my phone. Gonna delete it and see if that helps.
    04-19-2016 05:48 AM
    This is excellent information. Thank you.

Everyone needs to review the Battery Optimizations settings (in the first solution detailed in this link) and make sure your alarm (Stock or add-on) is NOT optimized. That finally worked for me.
    04-22-2016 05:33 PM
    Does everyone who is having the issue have any games by GameLoft installed. My problem started when I installed DragonML on my phone. Gonna delete it and see if that helps.
    04-25-2016 12:15 AM
    I have Real Racing 3 installed on my s7 edge. Got the same sound issue. But I no more use the game launcher & always close all background apps which seems to have solved the problem. Give it a try & let me know
    04-25-2016 12:20 AM
    I have Real Racing 3 installed on my s7 edge. Got the same sound issue. But I no more use the game launcher & always close all background apps which seems to have solved the problem. Give it a try & let me know
    I deleted the Dragon game and also deleted my preexisting alarms and set them up again which stopped the problem, BUT... This morning, my alarm went off and something that happened previously happened again. A second after the alarm went off, it muted for a second or two and then started up again. I have the alarm volume set to increase gradually, so maybe that has something to do with the problem... I checked optimization but I don't see "clock" as one of the optimized apps... Guess it's not one of the apps that are being optimized, so I'm sticking with my GameLoft theory, until someone proves otherwise.
    04-25-2016 10:19 AM
    I've noticed that sometimes when I talk on the phone, no notifications work after I hang up, including alarms. Traded my original S7 in because of this and the replacement does the same thing. I'm not using any new apps that weren't installed on my phone before this. Sometimes I can make a call and hang up to fix it; sometimes a reboot is required. If I try to play a notification by selecting it, it states unable to play while in a call, but I'm not on a call. It can happen whether I use bluetooth or not for the call. It's very random so it's hard to track down the cause.
    04-27-2016 06:13 PM
    I luckily haven't had an issue with my alarms going off with no sound. I also wear my pebble while sleeping and it has a vibrate alarm. I hate being late to work.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2016 09:37 PM
    Turn on bluetooth... that fixed sound issue for me
    05-07-2016 01:30 AM
    hı the same issue here. no call sms whatsapp setting>rings sounds even no video and audio files. what did you do? any solituon?
    05-14-2016 04:45 PM
    Still having this problem with my S7 Edge. Alarm sounds for a second and mutes. Doesn't matter if I'm using stock clock, Google clock or another third party. They'll work a couple times and then this problem occurs. Factory reset didn't help. Samsung's latest suggestion was to take it to the Samsung Experience at Best Buy and have them reflash the OS. I may take it to the Samsung walk-in repair and have them do it instead. Anybody have any luck fixing this?
    05-16-2016 09:25 AM
84 1234