07-17-2017 09:01 PM
77 1234
tools
    I've had the issue of the alarm going off with no sound even though it's set to sound occur again recently.

A reboot fixes it. What I've noticed is that if the phone is plugged in to charge, the alarm doesn't sound. If I leave it unplugged, the alarm sounds in the morning fine.

Not sure why.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2016 11:16 PM
    Still having this problem with my S7 Edge. Alarm sounds for a second and mutes. Doesn't matter if I'm using stock clock, Google clock or another third party. They'll work a couple times and then this problem occurs. Factory reset didn't help. Samsung's latest suggestion was to take it to the Samsung Experience at Best Buy and have them reflash the OS. I may take it to the Samsung walk-in repair and have them do it instead. Anybody have any luck fixing this?
    I'm still having the issue of the alarm on my S7 Edge sounding for 2 or 3 notes and then muting itself. It doesn't matter whether it is the stock alarm, Google's clock alarm, or another 3rd party. The "Samsung Experience" at Best Buy was unable to re-flash the phone so I ended up taking it to AT&T Service where it WAS re-flashed. Same issue. I had a Note 5 running Android 6.01 on Verizon previously and didn't have the issue. Samsung "customer support" says send it to them to take a look at it. Meaning, I'd be without a phone for several days (weeks?) which is unacceptable with a newly purchased device. That's the kind of service they provide for Samsung "platinum level" customers. Never another Samsung!
    Since I rely on my phone for work, it appears that my only option now is to buy a different phone (from a different manufacturer) and dump this one.
    05-24-2016 09:22 PM
    I found that if the phone was charging, the alarm would go off without sound. Take it off charger and the same thing. After a restart no issue. If the phone isn't charging and I set an alarm it sounds.

This is all with the alarm set to audio.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2016 09:49 PM
    I know what causes it but I don't know how to fix it. It has to do with having open media. If you have any apps like YouTube open it hijacks the sound. Just close all apps before bed and it will work every time.
    05-31-2016 03:53 PM
    I just turned off battery optimization for clock and am also going to close all apps right before bed to see if this combo fixes no alarm issue on stock s7e alarm clock. I'll report back soon.
    06-02-2016 08:49 AM
    S6 with same exact issue here---found the culprit to be an app called iForce that is a magic trick and installs something called Doodle app that is the actual app/gimmick to do the trick....when it runs in the background, and alarm goes off, there is no sound. Closing the app allowed the alarm to start making sound again. Looking to create tasker script to ensure this does not happen again...I was late for work.
    07-27-2016 06:59 AM
    Hi mates, any solution to this - i mean to get rid of the damned bug once and for all?
    I have S7 - corporate phone so i don't have any games or so on it.
    My alarm sound goes off, i lose notifications, and music player does not play occasionally. All around the same topic here. Does any Android or Samsung guy/gal sniff around this blog? All sw and firmware updated as of 09-Aug-2016.
    08-09-2016 12:23 AM
    I am having the problem with my alarm too. I am not on DND, volume is up. When i try to adjust settings and test the tone it tells me that it cant play during a call.
    09-02-2016 07:48 AM
    Hey, so this morning I woke up nice and rested with the sun shining a bit too brightly - and realized I missed my alarm! I never sleep through alarms. So I tested it and set a timer, than another alarm - both went off without sound. I changed none of the settings, didn't mess with anything. I rebooted the phone and tested again, and everything seemed OK... but that is very, very troubling. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    I have the same issue with S7 Edge. Such a shame samsung. I tried restarting my phone, but again the next time it happened again. I am really worried and just want to change to IOS, if I don't find a solution to this issue.. Also, I am have not played any games, nor my volume is down, nor dnd is on.
    09-24-2016 01:31 AM
    Just saw this thread and wanted to post, This has happened to me several times for no reason at all alarm doesn't go off i have no apps running in the background nor is my phone rooted, This seems to be a typical Samsung thing because this happened on my S3 also, It looks like the alarm is on but if you have restarted your phone or something like that the alarm is set to off by default so you have to turn it on again even if it looks like its on.

This has bothered me a very long time with Samsung phones it should be an easy fix for them but it seems like its a bug that carries over from every generation of phone they release. So i learned my lesson and got a regular clock instead, The phone is just not reliable in that aspect. So if you don't want to be late for work or so don't use the phone for that purpose or if you still wanna risk it, Get a regular clock and let your phone go off 5 min before the regular clock otherwise its not worth the risk.
    09-25-2016 11:50 PM
    No problem with my Exynos S7. Is there a possibility this problem only appears on 820 versions.
    09-26-2016 05:01 AM
    I am having a similar issue with My Note 4. Never had the problem until just recently. I noticed my kitchen timer app was not making any alarm sound when timer ran down to Zero. Phone made one very short vibration but no sound. Do Not Disturb off but I had just started using the DND setting recently around the same time I started having this problem. I reinstalled the Timer app. Still no sound on this alarm. I tried installing other timer apps. None of them would make any sounds. My Alarm Clock Plus app is still working with the ring tone I set up. I have restarted my phone again and again. No timer alarms work anymore at all for a few weeks.
    09-26-2016 08:23 PM
    I had this issue the other morning with timely. What I did was set the alarm and when it went off I hit volume up. Seems the volume was all the way down somehow for alarms. Turned it up to max and its fine now. Not sure how it got turned down or where to even adjust it outside of when the alarm is going off.
    09-26-2016 10:50 PM
    Had the same issue with my S7 using the installed clock app and mine is unbranded. I'm gonna look for a 3rd party app.
    09-27-2016 07:36 AM
    Hey, so this morning I woke up nice and rested with the sun shining a bit too brightly - and realized I missed my alarm! I never sleep through alarms. So I tested it and set a timer, than another alarm - both went off without sound. I changed none of the settings, didn't mess with anything. I rebooted the phone and tested again, and everything seemed OK... but that is very, very troubling. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?
    Yes, I have, not sure why, though there was a recent "update" of os on Verizon.
    11-27-2016 03:21 PM
    In trying to fix my phone doing this, I went to the alarm and tried to change the sound for it and found that my clock app didn't have access to sounds, media, etc. After giving access I set an alarm to test and it went off fine (though quieter than I'd like).
    11-29-2016 05:04 AM
    I'm having the same issue on my Nexus 6p. Here's my experience:

When the issue mysteriously presents itself, my alarms don't have sound, my timers don't have sound, playing videos through my media app gives me an error claiming the app cannot play that file type, playing music doesn't work, YouTube videos don't have sound, my phone doesn't make the little blip noise when I lock and unlock it... Basically sound doesn't work on my phone. Period.

As a PC technician (but not an Android expert) I have, of course, instantly deduced that turning it off and on again fixes it. But it happens here and there, seemingly at random. I can always tell when my alarm won't work by listening for the blip sound when I lock my phone for the night.

I have a weird lingering feeling that this is somehow linked to Google Now's "Ok Google" detection. I think it happens as I use the voice detection more frequently. But I may be imagining correlation where there is none. It's hard to say since I have never directly seen what straight up cause.

Whatever the case, this is certainly not the fault of any single app, this looks to me like a bug in the OS.

I just updated to Nougat 7.1.1. No issues yet since the update. I saw nothing mentioning this issue in the patch notes, but I'm crossing my fingers that it got fixed somehow.
    12-15-2016 02:48 AM
    Same problem, phone is three days old. Update yesterday, this morning alarm and timers are silent. all sounds are stock, volumes are up, DND off.
    WTF
    12-17-2016 07:16 AM
    I've had my S7 edge for five months, and now I'm having issues with the alarm. At times it works just fine, and other times the alarm sounds for a second then it goes silent. The alarm doesn't turn off, it just goes silent.
    01-07-2017 06:32 AM
    The reason I'm on this site right now is because my alarm didn't sound this morning. I reset the time just now and the alarm activates but without sound!!! This is worrisome. This is my 3rd Samsung Galaxy and its never happened before. I've had this S7 for about 6 months and use the alarm most mornings.
    01-29-2017 03:49 PM
    The reason I'm on this site right now is because my alarm didn't sound this morning. I reset the time just now and the alarm activates but without sound!!! This is worrisome. This is my 3rd Samsung Galaxy and its never happened before. I've had this S7 for about 6 months and use the alarm most mornings.
    This has happened to me on about 5 separate occasions in the last month. I restart the phone and it works fine again (Moto G). But so worrying because I don't know when it will happen again next, andiod really need to fix this !
    02-01-2017 04:22 PM
    Mine does it multiple time times. Having to buy an actual alarm clock now. Yes I've done everything yoibcan do to f"fix" it too.
    03-18-2017 07:30 AM
    My girlfriend and I both have the same issue.
    03-20-2017 01:26 AM
    My girlfriend and I both have the same issue.
    I have had My S7 edge for a year and it just did this for the first time the other morning. I woke up late, but not too late thank God, didn't get to shower but made it to work on time, lol.
    I never rebooted it. I tested it over and over and it still would not sound, everything came up on the screen though. No problems with all the other sounds the phone does. So while messing with it I changed the ring for the alarm. Then it worked. And I only have factory sounds, no third party stuff. But I still don't trust it. Actually, I've often thought that it's kinda risky to just use your phone alarm and nothing else. I think I've missed a couple of phone calls lately too.
    04-20-2017 08:30 PM
    im facing the same thing guys just today
    any update for a solution?!
    btw my phone in lenovo k6 note
    06-26-2017 01:34 AM
77 1234